Treasure X Door
375 1 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

 The mercenaries were practically drooling over the wealth that Bones had plundered all his life, but they didn't move as they were wary of any traps he might have left to protect his treasure. Impala was also eager to get his hands on some of the treasure, but he was wary as anyone else around, so he asked.

"Boss, that isn't a also a trap , right?"

"What trap!? Didn't you hear me when I said that was the real entrance?"

Impala became a little embarrassed as he had only asked a simple and understandable question, but he was made to look as someone stupid.

"Ugh... yes, but....nevermind. So uh,we just move the rock? "

"Yes, I will move the rock.

You keep an eye on those two and the back. We don't know if those three have been watching us from afar, but it doesn't hurt to be cautious. 

After the entrance is opened only Impala will come with me inside, the rest will stay here. Look after the wounded and the entrance."

"Yes, sir!"

"Good...

After he gave orders to the mercenaries, he went over to the rock which was almost one meter in height and 1.5 m in diameter, squatted down and began to push.

"Hmph...

*Krrrrr*

The rock begun to move with a gritting sound as it quickly moved out of the way and revealed underneath it a trap door made out of wooden planks. The wood looked old and  had a large amount of root visible , but that was what they had been looking for.

' This is it, this is it! I have finally found the treasure of that man. It took me so long, but I've finally found it.'

The Nen user was so excited that he couldn't help but celebrate for a moment in silence. It was a dream come true, almost...

The man grabbed the rusted ring handle of the trap door and pulled with all his strength. The trap door creaked a little bit as it was stuck, but with the Nen users strength I was as easy as it could get. The door  opened and he could finally look inside.

"Impala, come! We can't waste any more time here."

"Yes, boos!"

Impala immediately went over , pointed his flashlight below and they coul see the ground. It was a drop off a little more than two meters. Impala saw this and turned around to look at the girl who was still mumbling something 

"Boos, how about we send the girl first? There could be more traps below so....

"No, we will go. There are no more traps below this point. I know I said that Bones was a little paranoid, but there is also a limit to it.

Now go, stop wasting my time!"

"Yes, boos...

Impala gave one last look the cave , before he jumped down. Immediately after the Nen user also jumped down and left the mercenaries all alone with Tank and the woman. This was the perfect opportunity to strike them as the Nen user was gone, but Caid, Paikos and Mikael were still hiding and didn't dare move after hearing a loud explosion.

They had already lost their best chance, but they didn't know it.

......

The flashlight illuminated the tunnel as the Nen user and Impala continued slowly through the straight tunnel and without any difficulty they had reached another door. Compared to the one the one above ground which was made out of metal and had a skull carved in it the one before them was just a ordinary looking wooden door. The door was simply made of wood, but compared to the trap door which was decaying this wooden door looked as good as new, something the two of them noticed.

"Boos, the door is...

"I know! It seems new compared to the trap door we just opened, but there is no other way in on this tunnel.  There may be a way on the other side of the door, but I'm almost certain that there isn't.

Look at the door handle."

"The handle?"

"Yes, see that although the wood is not rotting the handle has rusted, almost the same as the handle of the trap door."

Impala carefully looked at the handle and surely  as the Nen user said, the handle was rusted as the one of the trap door, but the wood looked as good as new. It was strange , but Impala didn't really care to find out anymore why that is so. 

"So does that mean that this is it? After we open the door we will reach the treasure?"

"Pfft.... hahaha....hahaha....

Suddenly the Nen user started laughing as if he had heard the most funniest joke in the world. This made Impala surprised and anxious, but he didn't make a move. 

"Ah, sorry about that, it's just that what you said is funny."

"Haha, really? I wasn't trying to...

"Don't sweat it, it's just that when you said that when we open the door we will reach the treasure, but  treasure is right before our eyes. That pirate bastard is to extravagant, making a simple door with wood from the world tree, it's so... funny."

"The world tree? No way.... that is wood from the world tree!?"

Impala's eyes widened in shock as he heard that. He knew that wood from the world tree was priceless as no one was allowed to even take a single stick from it, but a whole door made of the wood of the world tree?

"Boss, how much will this door cost?"

"Hmm, I guess it would cost at least 500,000,000  Jenny. Twice as much if you can find a suitable byer."

"500 mil!? That...is.. insane....

Impala's legs became weak and his mind became completely blank. He couldn't believe something so precious was beeing used as a door.

8