Double X Block
385 1 9
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

On the cockpit Tank was kneeling in front of the Nen user who is staring at him in silence. He could feel the murderous intent in the man's eyes and wanted to look away, but he managed to force himself to not do that. Tank stayed in that position for what felt like an eternity until the Nen user finally spoke.

"So, you told him about the plan, did you?"

"Yes, that's right."

"You also planted a phone to record our conversation?"

"Yes...

"Hmmm...

I get most of the situation, but there is one thing I don't understand. If there was a recording  then where is the phone? Go on, enlightened me."

Tank shook his head in resignation. He also wanted to know  the answer of that question.

"I don't know. When we left, I'm sure that the phone was below the captains chair where I put it.

I'm not lying."

The Nen user didn't continue the conversation. He was thinking, thinking about the phone that was gone. There was so much to consider that he was having a constant headache.

' This situation is very strange. 

I get why would they destroy the airship , but I don't really get why would they take the phone with them. Could it be that they knew that Tank wouldn't keep his mouth shut?

 That is possible, but there is still the question; how are they going to leave the island with the airship destroyed? They couldn't really believe that this is some island very close to one of the continent's and that they are waiting to be rescued?

That could be very bad. It would mean that were stuck here with no way of returning.'

The Nen user looked at his subordinates and saw fear mixed with hope in their faces. They didn't know what to do and we're looking at him for answers, answers he didn't have.

'Shit, if only that little kid wasn't a Nen user I would have easily found and killed the other two. Anyway, who is that kid to be a Nen user at such an early age?He must  definitely be someone special as even though his use of Nen is very bad he didn't seem a newbie. He clearly can think ahead and knows the tricks of fighting against a Nen user so he definitely has been taught by someone, most definitely a very experienced Nen user for sure.

I need more information from him. I need to find him.'

The man use felt his headache  completely  envelop him and he wanted to kill someone very bad , but he knew he couldn't  loose his cool in this situation.

"Tch...Impala, give the woman a radio from one of our dead men and  also some of our  rations. When the sun rises tomorrow we will let her go."

The words of the Nen user baffled all of them but none more than Impala. 

"But...

"Just do it, I'll explain it to you later. For now I'll need you to completely obey my decisions."

Impala clearly listening at the Nen users words , but couldn't believe what he heard was real. Instead of being ordered to put a bullet in both their skulls he was letting the woman go? This made Impala grit his teeth in frustration and for the first time reject an order.

"Boss...khhhk....

No, I can't accept this! You want to let this bitch go free? You know that because she decided to keep her mouth shut three of our comrades died and two were injured, right? "

Impala, a man who had killed without a  second thought when ordered was now disobeying an order. This not only surprised the other mercenaries, but also Impala himself.  

"Impala...I know that you are angry, but what makes  you think that you have the authority to disobey me? I hope you haven't forgotten what happens to those who piss me of. "

"Kuhh....

Impala clenched his first until his knuckles turned white, looking like a little kid throwing a tantrum. He wants so bad to kill the girl but he couldn't. 

"Get out of here and cool your head, we will talk about this later.  Also , does anyone else have a problem with my decision?

No? "

The Nen user eyed every mercenary , but neither of them dared to look at him in the eye.  

.......

With this the sun slowly set over the horizon and the island was engulfed in darkness, but on this place someones face was illuminated by the light of a smartphone.  That person was Caid who had finally received a message from his uncle.

At first he looked serious , but with each sentence he read he became more and more worried. 

"Fuck! This is fucking ridiculous!?"

Caid couldn't help but cus out loud, waking up Mikael who was sleeping not far away and also alerting Paikos who was resting with his eyes closed.

"What, what's happening....are we being attacked?"

"Hey, what's going on? Why are you raising your voice so much? Did something....

Paikos didn't manage to finish the sentence as he noticed the pissedof look on Caid's face.

"What happened? Is something wrong ?"

Caid took a deep breath , pulling down the urge to throw the phone at Paikos face and calmed somewhat. 

"Yes, there is something wrong. I just got word from my uncle and he told me that he has sent two airships towards our direction, but none could even get halfway. One was heavily damaged and the other was completely destroyed.

They can't get past the flying magicial creatures."

"What...then we are stuck here?" said Mikael as finally he managed to fully wake up.

Caid didn't answer and Paikos only gave a sigh of resignation. The darkness didn't help at all as the three of them finally felt how bad their situation was. They had no food, no water and unfortunately this island didn't have any fresh water or anything else but small insects to eat. Compared to them the mercenaries had a lot of food and water on the airship, so much that they could last at least two weeks without a problem.

' Shit, I thought that calling uncle would solve the problem, but it seems that is not going to work.  Why can't things just be fucking simple?

Fuck!'

9