Dawn X Calling
380 1 10
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The high passed uneventfully and now the sun was becoming to rise over the horizon, making for a breathtaking  sight except for our three acquaintances. Paikos, Mikael and Caid were stranded in a godforsaken island with no way out and with a noose around their next that tightened with every second.

'Ugh...fuck nature and fuck camping! Shit, I didn't  manage to get even a wink of sleep last night.'

Paikos who was sleeping  woke up as soon as the sun rays hit his tired face. He looked like shit, everyone of them did especially Caid who had huge dark circles underneath his eyes.

" It's already morning....

"Yeah, thanks for noticing. Do you have another nugget of obviousness to share with me?"

"Harsh...

"Pfffttt....

Suddenly a snicker was heard from Mikael who was also supposed to be sleeping .

"That was funny. Pisspants he got you good, hahaha....

Caid also smiled forgetting about their predicament , but only for a while. He was tired, thirsty and hungry, something he hadn't experienced in the last ten years.

'No, I can't think about that for now. We need to find a solution so we can get out of here as soon as possible. We need to speak to the mercenaries, but how...

"Hey...

A tap to the shoulder jolted Caid out of his thoughts. It was Mikael who had just woken up.

" Did you recive any news from your uncle or my father? They should have found a solution right about now right?"

Caid shook his head, not wanting to say it, but it was the same as if had said it.

"Fuck...

So, what are we going to do now? Do we head back to the airship?"

"I don't know....

"Don't know...then how about you pisspants? What do you think we should do now?" Mikael's said to Paikos who had just finished stretching.

"What we should do huh? 

Well, taking into consideration that we have no food or water we can last at most until tomorrow, but that is in the best case scenario. Right now we're getting weaker by the minute and we were outgunned and outmatched before this all begun. We had put all our hopes in getting an airship here by today , but now that is out of the question.

If you ask me what our best course of action would be, then I would say that cooperating with the mercenaries would be the best way."

"What? I think I misheard you.

Pisspants, wasn't it you who said that they would never let any of us alive? Now you're saying we should work with them!?"

"Yes, that's what I'm saying."

"Yes you say? Hahahaha... you really are getting on my nerves. You think you're some hot shit right?"

"What if I am...

Caid saw this and immediately he regretted ever beeing reborn. He wanted to wack the two of them over the head for acting like children, but he understood what they were going through. They were scared and didn't know what to do so they had to do something to keep their mind of the possibility of death.

' Man , when I first found out that Ging had abandoned Gon so he could go and explore the world and have adventures I hated him, but now...

I'll have to remind myself to never have kids. These two fuckers have shown me the capacity to care of something other than myself.'

"Haah~

Okay, okay how about you stop, we won't be able to solve anything like this. Also, Paikos is right, we need to cooperate with the mercenaries."

"......

".......

The two looked at each other and Paikos smiled while Mikael was not happy at all. Their unknown rivalry was as strong as ever. After the two of them calmed down Paikos sat next to Caid.

"So you really figured it out huh? I thought that I would have to explain it, but I guess that it's not necessary anymore." 

"Yeah, after a while I finally figured it out. The reason that we were able to get to this island is definitely thanks to the diary that was stolen. In it there is definitely a way to navigate through the territories of the different flying magicial beasts around here. If we want to get out we have to know the way out."

"We have to get that information today if possible, but it's too risky. That is why I'm going to go to them to see if we can get an agreement.

What do you say?"

"What do I say....

Caid stared at the young man in front of him and couldn't help but feel guilty. He could have definitely stopped everything from happening, but he didn't want the old man to know. 

"I say that....

"PAIKOS, MIKAEL, CAID....

Suddenly a loud voice broke the morning silence. It baffled the three of them as someone was yelling their names. It was a weird moment of silence between the three of them as they didn't know what to say or do. 

"PAIKOS, MIKAEL, CAID....

The voice called their names again and again until Caid decided that he should investigate. 

"I'm going to go check out who is calling us. You stay here and if I don't come back in half an hour , change location."

"No can do...

Paikos also stood up, blocking Caid's way . Caid saw that Paikos wouldn't budge and raised his hand and smiled.

"Rock , paper, scissors?"

"......

........

Two minutes later in their hideout were only two people, Mikael and Paikos who was holding him stomach.

"Haha, pisspants I can't believe you got beat up by a kid."

"Shut up....

10