Messenger X Guilt
347 1 9
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After giving Paikos a stomachache, Caid went into a state of Zetsu as he headed towards the voice that was calling their names. He passed the the forest in less than five minutes and arrived at a narrow sandy beach.

"MIKAEL, PAIKOS, CAID....

He heard the voice again, but this time he noticed something that should have been obvious.

'A girl's voice?'

 The voice that was calling their names was that of a female. This made Caid nervous as there shouldn't be anyone who knew their names on this island.

' Who could it be that knows our names? Could it be that this is somehow related to the Nen users Hatsu? That is not out of the question , but this is also a good learning experience for me. 

I should never reveal my real name to anyone as it may be one of the conditions for someone to activate their Hatsu. A little far fetched , but possible.'

"MIKAEL, PAIKOS, CAID....

' The voice is coming closer and closer. '

Caid didn't move as he hid behind a tree at the edge of the forest and waited for the person calling their names to come to him. In the meantime he also listened and watched if this was some kind of trap the mercenaries had set up for him, which was very probable. He waited in that place until he finally saw the person who was calling them.

"MIKAEL, PAIKOS, CAID....

In the sandy beach there apeared a beautiful readheaded woman in her twenties and was shocked, not because of her beauty but because he knew her from the airship.

' What the...

Isn't she the girl that was with Mikael? What is she doing here and why is she looking for us ?'

Caid was shocked to see the girl who was supposed to be with the other hostage's strolling down the shore like a tourist. This was completely out of his expectations, which made him even more on guard.

' This definitely looks like a trap from a mile away, but  do they think that we are so stupid to fall for this?  Wait...is that a radio on her hand? Why would she have a radio on her hand? Is this really a trap?'

"MIKAEL, PAIKOS, CAID....

' Fuck, what the hell is going on? Is she a part of the mercenaries that was hidden inside the hostage's? No, if she was she would definitely have....

It was at that moment that Caid understand one big mistake that they had made. Even though they had whispered the plan between them, she could have managed to definitely hear some, or everything about the plan and even their identities.

' So that's how she knows our names... but still. What is she doing here?'

Caid's thoughts were tangled up and he couldn't find an answer to this riddle, but he knew that this couldn't continue. He had to communicate with the mercenaries today and the radio the girl was holding was very tempting.

'Haaah....I really hate having to use my brain. It feels like no matter how much I think about something I never seem to get it right.  Anyway, I can't lose this opportunity, but I also can't be reckless.

Instead of going to her I'll have her come to me. Yes that should be the best option.'

He waited until the girl was in front of him and called for her, making her jump in fright. 

"Hey you, stop!"

"Ahh... where... where are you? Are you that kid? I have something very important to tell.....

She turned to face the forest to look who just talked to her but she could notice only trees. She was about to go inside the forest but another shout stopped her on her tracks.

"Shut up, don't move! Don't speak unless you are answering my questions, alright?"

"......

"Yes or no, do you understand?"

"Yes, I understand." 

"Good. Now, tell me what are you doing here alone and why are you looking for us?"

"I..I have a message for you from the kidnappers. They said that they wanted to talk to you about something?"

' They want to talk to us? After we killed three of their men I didn't think the would be in the mood to talk. Still...

"Something? What is it that something, can you be more specific?"

"The...they said it was something about leaving the island, that is all I was told. Please, where are you?"

Caid didn't answer as he didn't want to expose his position, making the girl look even more frantic. She wanted to look for Caid, but she was afraid that if she moved he would run away.

' Fuck, so it was true then? We really need to make an agreement with the mercenaries if we want to leave this island? Fuuuu....

"Hey, hey kid are you there? Do you hear me? Did you leave? Please answer me?"

Caid looked at the girl who was panicking and made up his mind. Even if this was a trap he had to risk it , because if he didn't he could say bye-bye to life for the second time.

"Leave the radio on the ground and head back. Tell them that I'll be in contact with them as soon as possible. Also tell them that they should not come after me , they will regret it."

Caid prepared for either an attack from the mercenaries or for the girl to leave the radio and head back, but he was wrong. Instead of any of these two things happening the girl instead grabbed the radio with all her strength, and squatted down as if she was protecting it.

"No, no nonono...I won't ever go back there!  If you want the radio you'll have to take me with you. I won't ever go back there.

Those people are monsters...

"What, are you talking about?"

"They...*hick* they... they are all dead. All the hostage's beside me and the pilot are dead. They killed them all with a big smile on their fucking face. 

They are monsters...

'They....are dead? What....the hell is this? This is a joke right?'

Caid felt a little lightheaded as he heard that. He had seen dead people and he had even killed someone, but hearing about this made him sick on the stomach. He knew that this world was cruel and he shouldn't underestimate it, but he still did. Because of that now his hands were drenched in the blood of more than 30 innocent people.

' All those people, are dead... because of me!? If I just had told someone about the plan then... 

9