Disagree X Awe
363 3 9
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Caid felt helplessness for the first time in this life. Even when he was signing the contract with the old man he didn't feel this evergrowing emptiness that seemed to consume him. 

' Maybe she is lying? Yeah she has got to be lying, that's it. This bitch is definitely lying....

He tried to convince himself that what she told him was a lie, but he knew he was lying to himself. The gunshots and the explosion yesterday had been on the back of his mind but he had refused to think about it, until now that it.

"Please, take me with you! I know a lot of things about them, I can help. Please...please...

Caid listened to the pleading of the girl and couldn't help to feel more guilty than he was already feeling. This made him feel like a piece of shit, but he couldn't do anything about it. What has happened couldn't be undone, but the ending was not written in stone. 

' Do I have a choice....

Heh, who am I kidding, I've already made up my mind. As much as I know I shouldn't bring her with me , there is almost certain that she  would die if she went back. 

Fuck it!'

In that moment he decided to take the risk even if he knew that this was not the best course of action. The woman would only be a burden on them and that was not taking into consideration if Paikos and Mikael would agree to take her in.

"Hey girl you can come with me, but if you think of doing something funny, I'll kill you myself. Do you understand me?"

"Yes, yes I understand....

But where are you, I can't see you anywhere. Please come out."

"No, you will come in. Don't look around and just head straight into the forest. Go in the direction I tell you and everything is going to be fine."

"Yes, I understand."

"Good, now just go forward....

.......

After many twists and turns Caid  while still hiding using Zetsu managed to instruct the girl towards their hideout, but not before giving her a tour of the surroundings. He had led her in a circle a couple of times in order to see if they were being followed, but fortunately they weren't. So, after almost half an hour he brought her to the hideout. 

At first she was threatened at gunpoint by Paikos suspecting that she was an enemy, but after everything was explained by Caid, Paikos apologized. Mikael on the other hand wasn't pleased with the new addition, Caid could see it in his eyes that he was mad at her.

"So, they sent you as an intermediary between us? I wonder why." Said Paikos who clearly was having doubts trusting the girl.

"Uhh...they....ughh...

The girl struggled to answer as she was feeling the pressure. There was no reason for her to be here with them, but she couldn't say that. Fortunately Caid didn't forget about this part.

"I brought her here. She has spent the last day with them and knows what they have been doing, something we need to know. If you have any problem...

"Yeah, I have a very big problem with her being here. You expect that we should welcome her with open arms after she snitched? I know her kind, clinging to whoever has the money , betraying you in less than a second."

"MIKAEL, please don't argue with me, I'm not in the mood."

"Hah, not in the mood? Are you fucking kidding me with that!? This bitch needs to go, now!"

"He is right, she needs to go. We can't afford to take care of her when we are barely keeping ourselves alive."

"Paikos you to....

A tense atmosphere pressed down in them. Again Caid felt the pressure of the choice between his conciousness and his instinct. His desire to do the right thing or the ability to survive in this cruel world.

' I'm so weak , not being able to take care of even a low level Nen user as that mercenary. I have so much information about Nen and how to use it that if I had at least one year of mastery I would definitely have not gotten in this situation. I have been doing nothing but wait, didn't try all that hard to open my aura nodes....all because I didn't feel the true threat of this world.

No, I have felt it, but I ignored it and these are the consequences.'

"Mikael, Paikos... I'm sorry but I can't do that. This girl stays with us."

"What...ukkk...

A formless pressure pushed against all those around Caid. To them it felt like a bug was quickly climbing up their spine and with each second they felt the bug grow bigger and bigger, making them panick. 

"I said the girl stays!"

"Hah hah... what is this. What the hell is happening to me." Mikael was suddenly shaking and he didn't know why, but Paikos was even more scared. This was the first time he was experiencing this feeling, but he had heard tales about it from more experienced bounty hunters.

'If someone makes you feel like an ant with just their gaze , know that you're less than an ant compared to them. 

Such a young kid.. a Nen user. This is ridiculous! '

Paikos found a feeling of awe as he stared at th stubborn young kid in front of him...no the Nen user in front of him. Slowly but surely a small forced smile bloomed on Paikos pale face.

9