Planning X Preparation
343 0 9
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"What the hell is going on? What is happening  to me?"Mikael cried out. He had just lost controls of his limbs and the only thing he could do was shiver like he was having a fever.

On the other hand Paikos who knew what was happening wasn't scared anymore ,but instead was excited. "Huhu...you  have left me speechless. I would  have never imagined the you would be one of them. I guess that the Yalan family is going to prosper from now on."

"What the hell are you talking  about!? Do you know what's happening? " Mikael who still was shaking shouted at Paikos for an answer, and answer he did. 

"Its simple. What you are just now experiencing is the power of a Nen uses. Funny isn't it... funny and terrifying. This feeling if helplessness that you can't shake of no matter how hard you try."

Mikael who heard this immediately thought that Paikos was lying, but then a hidden memory started to resurface. He had felt this way once before when he was a little kid. When he was seven years old he was a very mischievous and spoiled kid which wanted to know  everything  happening  around him, and because of who he was, everyone obliged. No one dared to not answer his questions and no one dared to refuse his request, but even he wasn't allowed to know something, and that was listen on the family's work meetings. No matter how hard he told his father he refused to tell him anything. So , as you would  expect from a child he decided to listed  without his father knowing. 

One time when his father was supposed  to be having a meeting with someone important person, he sneakily climbed a tree which was close  to the window of the meeting room which was on the second  floor and hid himself. He excitedly expected to listen on  them , but when he looked  inside he saw someone was looking  directly at him. It was a purple skinned  human without any hair, an elongated head and big green eyes.

When he saw the man he had felt  an overwhelming fear that  made him  loose his grip and fall to the ground and immediately loose consciousness. When he had finally woken up he had forgotten everything he had seen and was having  big headache. Even then he was not spared from his father's anger which he had never experienced till that  point. 

"Hah hah hah....

Mikael came out of his daydream/memory as that feeling of dread slowly went away. Caid had stopped using his Ren so things calmed down. Mikael who had now also understood the meaning of Caid being a Nen user, looked at Caid with a mix of emotions.

"Are you really Nen user?" 

"Yes, I'm a Nen user." Answered Caid with a new found calm. He had felt as if there was lifted a big burden. 

"Why did you hide it?"

"Why? Well,I guess....I don't know. At first it was because I didn't really trust you, but after we escaped....I don't know. Maybe it's because I still don't trust you? I don't know what to say, I don't really have a good reason."

"Hahaha....

Caid was expecting Mikael to get angry or even try to punch him or something, but it was completely the opposite. Even if he had grown up he was still the same spoiled child which hated if he didn't know everything, but now it was different. He really loved a good mystery and that's when he felt more alive.

"Hahahaha....hahahahaha...... that's good. What a stupid reason that doesn't make sense, but it really does. You really are an interesting kid.

Haah, I hadn't really laughed like that in a long time. So, what are we going to do now?"

Both Caid and Paikos were surprised by Mikael's behavior. 

"You aren't angry that I didn't tell you?" 

"Angry? Of course I'm angry, but it's also so much more exciting to learn new things. Haha, I knew that you were an interesting kid from the first time we spoke."

Caid saw Mikael who was  so excited to be in this situation that the thought he had about him being crazy was now undeniable. It really didn't matter though as now everything was on its tracks again. 

The girl who was still frozen in the middle of the three of them didn't know what to do. From being a hostage to mercenaries she was now in a group of weirdos. 

"Hey, give me the radio. It's time we have a talk with the mercenaries."

"Ah... yes!" The girl hesitantly handed the radio to Caid and he was about to turn it on, but a hand stopped him. It was Paikos who was shaking his head.

"What? Why are you stopping me?"

"Did you already forget why you brought her here? Before we contact them, why don't we find out what happened yesterday?Don't you think that is the first thing we ought to do?!"

"Yeah, you're right. I totally forgot about that ." Caid felt embarrassed as he had totally ignored the reason of why he had brought the girl with him. Paikos who was a bounty hunter had clearly seen through that but didn't call him out, instead he went with the flow. This though was not because he was a good person, but he knew that if they survived this forming a connection with Caid was a very useful thing. 

And so , after a hour long explanation they understood what was happening. They found out what had happened at the hostage's and that the mercenaries had found the treasure. This made them think of maybe ambushing the mercenaries when they came back for more of the treasure, but ultimately they decided it was to dangerous, they may as   well be walking into a trap themselves. Still, Caid decided that exploring the treasure wouldn't be a bad thing.

 

9