Imminent Battle 1
251 0 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The day passed very fast, but for Caid , Paikos and Mikael it felt like  an eternity as they prepared for the inevitable. They prepared for tomorrow's clash, Caid more than the others as it all depended on him succeeding or rescuing Tank.

"Haaaaaa~

Caid exhaled slowly from his mouth and his breath looked like a little grey snake, wiggling it's way out into this new world.

"Mmmmm....

 He slowly opponed his tired eyes and was greeted with the most clear morning sky he had ever seen. The darkness receded  making his forget for a second what he was really doing, but soon enough  the cold metal he was sitting on made him come to his senses.

' So the time has come huh...' thought Caid with a forced smile.' Everything  is supposed to be ready and it's to late to change anything now. I can only hope that Paikos and Mikael have steeled their resolve and everything goes as planned.'

"Haaaa~

He exhaled again as tried to position himself more comfortably on the top of the airship, but no matter how he turned the airships metal shell wasn't meant to be slept on. He soon gave up in finding a good position and again stayed still fearing that to much moving around would make the mercenaries hear him.

'Well...there is nothing to do but wait now. Still, should I go over the plan once again just to be sure?

 Yeah, it's better that I go through it again.' thought Caid as he closed his eyes and yesterday's conversation became vivid on his mind.

..........

 He, Paikos and Mikael were sitting on a rock while the girl was to the side with her head between her legs. They had somber faces and looked like they were making and he important decision, but they were interrupted by the growling of someone's stomach.

"I guess that I'm fasting right now, aren't I?" said Paikos as he swallowed his dry spit.

"Yeah, but I don't want to get skinnier right now. Chicks don't like skinny guys that much" rebutted Mikael as he patted his empty stomach making Caid a little guilty. Because he was the most important part of the  plan he was fed the little foodstuffs that the girl had with her. Fortunately after making her a ginny pig the food turned out to not have any problems.

"Sorry guys!

 When this is finally over I'll make sure that you'll dine to your heart's content. A million Jenny plate will only be an appetizer for you." said Caid as he forcefully smiled trying to keep the food he just ate to not come back out from the nervous nausea he was having.

"Well, it's not that I'm not tempted, but I'll prefer that money to be added bro my account." said Paikos with shining eyes. On the other hand Mikael didn't sound that surprised as he just seemed unimpressed.

"Yeah yeah, I'm all for a good meal and all that, but I think we should think about how to live for now." said Mikael a little angrily." Thinking about food while I'm starving my ass of is a disgrace for someone like me. 

 Still, when we get out of here I'm definitely also ordering the most expensive wine available. So you better prepare your bank account ."

"Hahaha....

"Heh, I didn't think that you could make jokes." said Paikos as he smiled at Mikaels word's, but soon he would regret it.

"Yeah, I only have to look at your face and it comes naturally." answered Mikael with a straight face making Caid and Paikos surprised.

"Ssssss.....he got you Paikos! And you fell both feet in it."  said Caid trying to smile as little as possible, but he couldn't help himself.

"Yeah, you like that Caid? I have been thinking about that for some time, but even I didn't expect it to be so good."  smugly said Mikael as looked at the pissed of Paikos.

"Hmph....I admit my defeat this time, it was a good one." said Paikos before he turned to Caid "Now about the plan? Do we need to do any other changes?"

Caid thought about it for a while before he found his answer.

"No, if we change anything some other problem is definitely going to come up." said Caid as he shook his head before taking a stick and drawing something on the ground. It was a somewhat  round circle and inside that circle the was a slight smaller circle.

"The inner circle is the island and the outer one is the sea. We are currently here..." said Caid as he drew a small triangle on the left bottom side of the inner circle. " The airship is here...." said Caid as he drew a small square on the opposite side of the inner circle.

"Lastly, but not least, the cave entrance is almost in between these two points." said he again as he drew a small star where the cave entrance was.

"So, as planned, I'll first sneak into the airship under the cover of darkness and not by land, but going by sea so I won't be noticed. Then, I'll wait until the promised time comes and when the Nen user leaves the airship far enough I will quickly secure Tank and evacuate him into the sea.There, the Nen user will be out of his element and I'll be in mine.

 Although he may he stronger than me, I'm certain he will not lay a finger on me or Tank."

"Yeah, but for you to rescue the pilot we two need to make sure that the Nen user is preoccupied with us long enough." said Paikos as he took a couple of deep breaths. " To do that, we will need to go out in the open and become the bait.

 It'll be dangerous, but......will we be fast enough? Will he decide to go after us or will he  go after you? "

"Doesn't matter anymore!" said Mikael as he stomped on the ground and completely ruined the crude map of the island." If he decides to go after us we will do as last time and ambush him on the forest. The gun has a couple of more bullet's in it so if he tries something, it'll be his mistake.

"No... that is a bad choice." said Paikos as he stood up." This is not a battle that we can win head on, so the only way is to win is to use tricks and prolong this as much as we can.

Isn't that so, Mr. Nen user?" 

"Certainly ,that is the only way." answered Caid as he took a knife he had found on the cave and also picked up a makeshift spear. It was simple, just some long stick he had found on the forest and the tip was that of a  broken part of a sword he had also found on the cave.

 He had tied them together with the thin and flexible bark of a tree and a spear was at his disposal.

8