101. Time to Plan
1.6k 3 94
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

[The Protagonist came back, and Lilith began to feel depressed as she slowly realized that her only merit was her dubious mind. Her flat-chests became a testament to her defeat, and slowly, this feeling devoured her from within until she proceeded to commit not alive: Her extraordinary System Adviser survived, somehow, and she went back home bef—]

'You better shut your mouth before I really try and kill you.'

[Bah, you can't do that — can you?]

'I don't know, but remember, I can talk to Letza… she has many ways to kill you. Letza, if you are lazing around again, can you send me a process to threaten this woman. Goddess, are you lazing around somewhere? Answer my question if you are!'

Lilith awaited the Useless One's response but received nothing for a good while — in disbelief that Letza was actually working, the Apostle offered her a prayer, for she thought something had gone terribly wrong with the Goddess.

That was until….

[System Notification: You have received a letter from an Ophanim (High-Seraphs)]

Lilith raised her brows, 'An Ophanim? That sounds familiar...'

She decided to open the letter.

[Letter from the Ophanim: The Goddess is currently unavailable, as she is currently dealing with something of importance… please do not find her in the next three months, and if she ever contacts you, please inform me — Gariel.

[P.S, you cannot kill Alpha.

[Note for Alpha: As for you, Alpha, hope that you the Apostle doesn't die… that is all, have a pleasant day, and I wish you good luck in conquering the World.]

'What was that? Rather, who was that?'

Lilith raised her brows at this letter, she had many questions, but then, Alpha spoke her voice trembling, [T-that's one of the Ophanim! A High-Seraph, one of the three beings that existed with the Goddess before she created the Universe! She's the direct secretary of the Goddess.] Alpha was fangirling about this being known as Gariel.

But Lilith scoffed as she thought, 'If she's in charge of making Letza work, then she's doing a rather shitty job.' Lilith thought and buried this idea in her mind. She returned to caring for what truly mattered.

Her growing inferiority complex.

Two days after Sylva's awakening.

She was currently in the Temple, and adjacent to her was Sylva, sleeping her drowsiness away after drinking the Divine Wine and increasing her LVL to 60. Luna was taking care of her sister as she carefully placed Sylva in a corner where Cerberus joined her.

Luna was glad to take care of Sylva. She does not have many chances to approach her like this... without getting a dagger pointed at her neck.

"Take care of her, okay?" Luna said to Cerberus. The three-headed dog had already taken a liking to Luna, and as it came to learn she had a sister, it decided to give it a thumbs up to assure its humanoid caretaker.

'I shall look after my future caretakers, this one time.' It thought and slept near Sylva's pillows.

Luna, who had just finished tucking Sylva into a soft bed made of beast's pelt, she finally returned to Lilith's side.

"Luna, what is the current situation from Eve's report?"

Luna brought out her HNP, "Eve had made contact with several Tyrant Apes. As per your orders, we are only observing them; we have not engaged in combat."

"That's good; make them create a graph of the Apes' movement; how about Dhampy? Is she okay?"

"Big Sis reported that she had already located the Tyrant Blood Gorilla; it lives in the deepest parts of the Central Region; we can initiate an attack now if you want us to.  But it should be noted that the Big Sis Dhampy is now only looking from afar, she had killed far too many Tyrant Apes. They attack at the sight of her so I advise that we tread lightly."

"Let her know to just stand by; we first need to prepare for the hunt. Hunting such a Beast would require a lot from us, even their numbers would be far too much."

"I understand, I will inform Big Sis." Luna quickly finished sending the order.

"Hammer and Anvil had asked of me a Fire Source so they can start smithing the items I asked of them, correct?"

"Yes, but I fear there is no such a thing in this area; we cannot provide them such a thing, Priestess," Luna reminded Lilith of the place they built their village on.

However, Lilith only smiled, "Well, this place is indeed lacking in any particular known heat source. We are surrounded by fruit trees, rivers, and a good deposit of ores but nothing like a volcano or Fire Vein. If that's the case turn on the region down below us."

"The Scorching Forest? The temperature there is indeed above average, but I fear that is not enough, Priestess, there are no volcanoes or anything like that…" Luna grew confused by Lilith's words.

However, Lilith only wagged her fingers at her, "That Region has a weird ecosystem, correct? The leaves on the trees burn as hot as fire when plucked, and the land is as red as flames, but do you know the reason for that?"

Luna shook her head.

"It is something called the Fire Core…"

"Fire Core?"

"My mother told me of this before. The Fire Core is similar to a Meat Core or Dungeon Core, but instead of releasing daemon, it instead affects the environment and terraforms the land. The Fire Core spews flames and is called an Environmental Core." Lilith only learned of the Meat and Dungeon Cores from the daemons, but that did not have any humans knowledge she could give them.

One such exclusive Human Knowledge was the Environmental Core.

The Scorching Forest was a region affected by this Environmental Core, and to put it simply, the core's affinity terraforms a region in its entirety.

These Crystals were rare, and many different kinds had been reported.

There were Soul Cores, Water Cores, Earthen Cores, Acid Cores, and even Poison Cores… if one of these cores embedded itself on land, after ten years, the terraformation would finally be completed.

It was once seen as a valuable treasure, but it had been well-documented that it would result in the affected region's death if an Environmental Core was taken away.

People didn't like this, so they petitioned for its harvest to be stopped… Environmentalists existed even in these times.

That would be the reason why the Scorching Forest was spared. Though of course there would still be Poachers wanting to take the Environmental Core for themselves. After all, such a treasure would sell for a lot of money in the Black Market.

Lilith didn't want to destroy the Scorching Forest as she had plans for it, but at the moment, she had to temporarily take the Fire Core for her to give the Dwarves a Forge.

Lilith sighed, for sacrifices would have to be made. However, after a while, she smiled after realizing something rather nice, "Wait, I thought of a better plan. Forget everything that I have said and contact, Dhampy to prepare the Shadow Troops, I have a new mission for them. Oh yeah, step out for a while and do not let anyone in unless we are being attacked."

"Yes, Priestess, I shall be with the Dwarves to inform them to wait."

"Yes, that would be good."

Luna stepped out and then closed the curtains on the door. She left for the Dwarves, but before that, she ordered the four Shadow Troop members to watch over the Temple.

Inside the Temple, Lilith was smiling, 'Alpha, contact her.'

[Got you, do you want me to activate a voice changer?]

'Wait you can do that?'

[I can do a lot of things. So, should I?]

'Nah, don't need it.'

Alpha began dialing, and when she finished. The ringing echoed. Lilith waited…

After three rings, someone picked up from the other side, ~Hello?~

"How have you been, human?"

Lilith had finally contacted Mirsha, the sole human who survived her awakening.

'It's time to begin conquering the Stronghold.'

94