103. How to train your Human I
1.6k 9 90
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

'She's not apprehensive? This woman is interesting…' Lilith could tell from Mirsha's voice alone. It was weird, and as she was a veteran of being betrayed, she naturally became apprehensive.

'Alpha, can you go and see the other side of the HNP? See if she's tapping the conversation.'

[Wait, I'll try — can't. Going through the World Network is impossible; I can only access them but not go inside it. I still need a medium like the HNP. If it was a Private Network, it might be possible as it is an isolated path, but to where it stands, it's not.]

It was regrettable, but Lilith had to accept Alpha's words.

But still, Lilith remembered Mirsha and how her eyes glowed with the determination to live for her family.

'That light was similar to hers... I should trust my decisions.'

Lilith said to herself with a smile before deciding to continue her words, "It appears you are rather accepting of your current situation. Where are you right now?"

"In my home, I am currently in a luxury unit."

"Is there anyone with you there?"

"My daughter is sleeping in her room."

Lilith began to think and then messaged Luna about something before continuing her words, "If there are any cameras in your room, turn it off, make sure nothing gets past you else I'll kill you. Then, lock your doors, pull down the curtains and ensure no one can see what's inside. Use an Eye Jammer if possible. In ten hours, I will contact you again."

Bzzz... the connection was cut off.

Mirsha was confused, but she did what was asked of her. She moved around and then closed everything.

While Mirsha was busy scrambling about, Lilith closed her eyes.

For the next ten minutes, her mind moved to its most absolute of limits.

'The growth of my Village will soon reach the eyes of the humans. If I kill the Tyrant Blood Gorilla, I will become the new ruler of the Valley, but the sword of the Hunters would be turned to me.

'If I get any stronger, then that Mana Cannon from space might descend me again to eradicate us from existence. Or worst, someone like Kristina (Dhampy) may be sent to eliminate us.

'I need to make sure the humans do not antagonize us... at least for the next decade or so. Thus, I must approach this differently. Mirsha's use will expire if I don't utilize her now; the pull she possesses will weaken, rendering me sparing her nothing but a gesture of goodwill.'

Without any pause, Lilith considered every bit of information she was given. She was no genius, but she was rational, thinking through every little movement she could do so that she'd be able to harvest the most benefits.

The moves she had done for the past month were now ripe for the taking. Lilith only lacks a method to pick them from the tree.

'Alpha, contact Dhampy.'

[Are you going to do it?]

'There is no choice. I'm initiating Operation Pandora.'

===

Ten hours later, the sun had long set, and Mirsha cleared her room. Lucia already had dinner, and Will would be spending overtime with his work; Mirsha got lucky.

Thoroughly sweeping up everything, checking to see if there were bugs or anything like so. It took Mirsha a while, but she managed to do it, "All had been sealed."

Trrriing!

She answered the HNP.

~How is it?~ the young voice from the other side echoed.

"All is clear. No one will bother us."

~No one can look from the outside?~

"That's right, the curtains are sealed, and the door is barred, the entire room is soundproof. Even a mana-charged voice will not be heard outside; unless you also somehow have the Foresight Skill that only one person in the planet has, I do not think anyone would be able to see us." Mirsha was still left confused as she answered, her job, however, without flaw.

After confirming, a radiant golden light glowed from the mark, the "Golden Death Mark" appeared, "Is she trying to kill me? WHY!?" Mirsha panicked.

It glowed with absolute brilliance. The space inside the room distorted, and then, it disappeared. As it faded, Mirsha plopped on the ground. Her legs have lost their strength.

"A-are, you playing with me?" her voice trembled from the fear of death.

Mirsha shouted at the HNP, but the answer came from within the room.

"Don't worry, I am not going to kill you. I still have my pride."

Mirsha turned around and saw a LVL 150 loli, a LVL 227 Werewolf Leader, and a drowsy LVL 60 [Space Walker]… the Space Walker was actually already asleep.

Other than the Loli, the other two were not dressed, but that was the least of Mirsha's worries.

"Is this the one I am to kill, Priestess?" Red asked as her claws extended.

Lilith, however, floated and then stopped Red from making a move against Mirsha, "Do not touch her, she may not exactly be our ally, but she is someone who owes me a great deal, or will you say otherwise?"

Mirsha shook her head, "The Apostle is right; I owe my life to you. Besides, you hold my life in your hands." she said while holding the marking.

Lilith smiled at her and then waved her hand, "Red, take Sylva to the bed and let her sleep; she's still rather drowsy. As for you, Mirsha, you and I will have a long talk, but before that, I need to ask you one thing… answer me wrong, and I will need to "act" but answer me correctly, and I can make you a ruling power of this world."

Mirsha swallowed her saliva and then nodded her head. This girl remained a mystery... no, her confusion was only deepening.

Lilith had her hands on her back as she asked, "Are you willing to go and fight with the corruption of this stronghold and help me create a better future for both daemons and humans?"

"...................... yes?" Mirsha's long silence stemmed from the fact she did not expect such a question from this devilish girl. Her earlier words contradicted this question, but still, Mirsha bobbed her head. Her eyes were brimming with the desire to live.

To which Lilith smiled at, "I like those eyes of yours… it is determined — filled with greed but still somehow pure and selfless. And as for your answer, you managed to make the correct answer, now, I'll be turning you into the new hero of not only the Eastern Stronghold but of the world."

"A hero?"

"Oh, you must be wondering what I meant by that… no worries, look at this first. Do you know what this is?"

Mirsha showed Lilith a questioning gaze, and noticing this, Lilith waved her hand, and a message appeared on Mirsha's HNP; it was the picture of a ten-meter giant white gorilla with red blood spikes protruding on its back, "The Tyrant Blood Gorilla? Yes, I know of it. Why?"

"That's because the Hunter Association will ask you to hunt that beast, right, about, now…"

"Huh? What do you—"

Then, another HNP that Mirsha used vibrated, and she received a voice mail, "Hunter Mirsha, please report to the Headquarters immediately, we have an urgent mission to take."

A file was attached to it, and as she opened it, Mirsha was left aghast, "This is…" a video of a rampaging Tyrant Blood Gorilla rushing towards a town.

Mirsha was confused.

The Loli was smiling.

And Sylva was snoring.

90