107. F*cked
1.4k 2 75
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The Moon watched the Tyrant Blood Gorilla's charred body turn red, its bristly white hair changed, and the spikes on its back turned a dark… its power surged, despite its level not budging, strength and pressure were increasing.

"Captain Brust! Give me a [Mana Sphere]; the Tyrant Blood Gorilla is not dead yet! It's mutating!" Mirsha's voice echoed but was soon drowned by a peal of weird laughter coming from the enemies!

The Tyrant Apes fighting against the Hunters stopped what they were doing; all of them grinned and laughed and disregarded even their deaths. They only laughed at the face of it all…

A cacophony of different laughter somehow combined to become a creepy and dissonant giggle, "JIHIHIHIHIHIHI!!!!!!!!!!" such sound echoed around the battlefield that was already filled with death!

Their laughter echoed, stunning the movement of the people present.

[Tyrants' Sacrificial Laughter - has been activated, an Area of Effect skill has taken effect, everyone who heard the laughter can no longer move until the Mutation of their Leader is over.]

[Notice - The only ones who can overcome this are those above the level of the highest Tyrant Ape — [LVL 220] . . . no one is stronger than the Tyrant Ape.]

[Notice - The Tyrant Apes who participated shall have their life essence drained by the Tyrant Blood Gorrila, weakening them later.]

'What's this?' Mirsha asked while supporting herself by holding onto her staff with her remaining hand and tightly clutching it.

She fell onto one knee, her eyes dilated, watching the terror unfolding before her.

"What in blazes is happening!?" Captain Brust shouted as he too failed to move his body.

But to no one's surprise, nobody managed to give an answer.

Everyone's blood ran cold, the laughter began to vibrate in the air and the daemons hiding in the forest were no exception to this fact… that's, of course, other than Dhampy, who was quietly watching as Luck and Scarface, who were both kissing the ground.

"Master, are you okay?" the two Ogres asked.

Dhampy looked at them from above and nodded her head, "I'm fine, do not worry. How about you two? Need a hand?"

"We are fine, do not worry about us!"

"Yes, it is neither painful nor is it affecting our health; it is simply… uncomfortable. But as expected of Master, you can actually withstand this despite not having a higher level than the Ape. Is this one of your techniques, Master?"

"It's not a technique, but it can also be called that. Well, good luck to both of you. This is also training; try keeping a clear mind." Dhampy said with a slight chuckle.

"Yes!" the two enthusiastically answered back.

[Notice -The [Dark Heart] is suppressing the [Tyrants' Sacrificial Laughter], you can move amidst the chaos.]

Dhampy looked at the system notification and nodded her head, and clutched onto her chest, 'It has its uses sometimes, after all.'

Dhampy thought to herself and then sighed. Bringing out her HNP, she messaged Lilith to have Luna connect them…

'There's a stunning effect here. I fear the boss might get affected if you hear it; please have Luna use her Lunar Mind so I can convey the situation clearly.' Such were her words.

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

[You are now connected via the Lunar Mind]

~Dhampy, can you hear me?~

"Yes, boss, loud and clear," Dhampy answered as she found herself still unable to believe how accurate Luna's Lunar Mind pinpoints anyone she wishes to talk with.

The range it had was also astounding, and because her concentration was so intense, it was even more impressive. The Moon's gift to Luna was superb; if not for her lacking talent in combat, she could have been a top-notched guardian for Lilith.

Well, the other twin was just as deadly, if not deadlier, so it wasn't that much of a loss.

~Report…~ Lilith's words snapped Dhampy out of her delusion.

"Currently, there is a kind of attack I fail to understand. Other than the Tyrant Apes and the Tyrant Blood Gorilla, no one else can move. The humans, Luck and Scarface, all were affected; I luckily managed to dodge it… but I do not know why. I must be because I am an undead."

~I see. That's good to know. Just make sure the human female I showed you before does not die. We can't have her dying else we'll be unable to proceed… well, we can actually, but I would have to rearrange my moves if that is the case. But try not to move unless necessary; we can't have you showing yourself to them on your own. Do you understand?~

"Yes, boss."

Dhampy had always seen Lilith as a bright daemon who had an open way of thinking. It may have been because, according to the loli, her mother managed to encounter a lot of things in life and ensured to teach her everything she needed to know.

'The boss' mother must have been someone amazing… I would have loved to meet her.' Dhampy thought to herself.

~Well, continue your observation. We'll get there in a few more minutes, but if in the next twenty minutes, the mysterious attack failed to stop, tell me.~

Dhampy nodded her head in response, but the connection was not cut off; instead, it was redirected to someone else, ~Big Sis, are you all right? We heard from the Priestess that you were found by the Tyrant Apes, and you almost died from their onslaught… are you okay now? ~

"Yes, do not worry about me. Eve and the others should be in a much more precarious situation. They pushed themselves beyond their limit just to keep up with me. Compared to them, you do not worry about me…."

ROARRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!

While talking, Dhampy's senses shot up to an eleven. Without missing a beat, she quickly descended onto the ground and retrieved both Luck and Scarface. Her instincts were telling her to leave swiftly so she could make an escape!

After running for a good five hundred meters from where she originally stood, she stopped.

~Big Sis! Big Sis! What happened!? Are you okay? W!$ ar@!$# @#~!!! ~ the usually calm and composed Luna found it weird for Dhampy's words to stop. As her mind grew static, she failed to control her composure, and then the connection was filled with static.

It didn't take long for the connection to be re-established, but it was a different channel.

[You are now connected via Mental Link]

It was now through Lilith's skill that allows her to create personal mental links with her followers using mana.

~Dhampy, what's happening that made Luna act all crazy? ~

Dhampy looked ahead and took a deep breath before answering….

"It appears Mirsha, with your own words, is fucked, boss."

Just a reminder this symbol ~~ means the speaker is talking through a channel. It can be mental, or through an HNP (their phones)

This is also Dhampy's first time showing the effects of the Dark Heart

75