109. Giant Killing
1.2k 3 79
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Legendary Hunters once said that humans stand on top of daemons in times of need because of their will and beliefs.

"DO NOT FALTER!!" Brust shouted, drowning the fear with his cries.

A warcry roused the spirit of every guard, and as it did, Brust unknowingly awakened something:

Last Stand's Warcry [Found]

If everyone gives up then, nothing could be achieved. A path would open for everyone using their own hands, and as Brust and the Guards watched the empowered and frenzied Tyrant Apes climb up the walls, he roared!

"KILL THEM ALL!"

[Last Stand's Warcry - Requirement for Activation]

Must be outnumbered [1:5] (Confirmed)

Must have 50 or more people under you. (Confirmed)

Must gather everyone's will to a single stand. (Confirmed)

Must have an immovable and unwavering belief. (Confirmed)]

[Last Stand's Warcry [Special Accessible Skill]- has been activated]

The power was activated, empowering the humans whose will overcame fear.

GUHIIIIIIIIIIII! The roar of the Tyrant Apes echoed as they reached the top of the walls.

Then, the fight to keep the retched daemons began.

Mirsha wielded her black flames without so much as a delay or even a bit. A single flash of memory then appeared. A group of children kept in a facility walls painted in all white. Cultivated like some cattle, waiting to be sent out.

But she pushed them down, trying to forget the past she escaped.

"This is merely 20%... I will not lose control — Mirsha… for your family. Remain human"

Mirsha chanted to herself, and then the black flames erupted, devouring a part of the wall, burning down the Tyrant Apes surrounding her…

GUIHIIIII!

The Apes went down quickly. The black flames devoured the Tyrant Apes, turning them to ashes, bones, and all but with it was Mirsha's Mana and stamina.

[HP: 39% — MP: 17%]

Her mana and health would not last long, and it was at this time that resounding screams of terror began echoing.

Legends were just that, legends. Even if one group managed to recreate the past, it would be rare to see a repeat of an absolute victory, and even with a buffed group of soldiers, the Guards were far too weak at the end of the day.

The death of dozens of soldiers reached her ears, the sound of flesh being torn for feed became a dime dozen.

Eventually, the horrid death throes pierced the City.

"I'M SORRY, SIR! BUT I'LL BE GOING AHEAD!"

"Gerald!! NOOOO!" Brust called out, but the Soldier detonated the bombs he carried to take the daemons with him.

It was a valiant attempt to be heroic, yet the explosion was so weak that the Tyrant Apes merely shrugged them off.

Some may have bled, but none died.

One after the other, using bombs, self-destructive skills, or even just their fists, all of them tried to take down as much as possible.

They all began sacrificing themselves; the Last Stand's Warcry was all for naught.

“GODDAMMIT!!!!!!!” Brust knew such a thing would happen, but seeing his men fall one after the other, sacrificing themselves because of his words, made him feel guilty. But, he did not waver. Instead, he was spurred forth!

He roared in defiance of their fate, swinging his ax, summoning every ounce of strength he had reserved.

He leveled up several times, reaching LVL 221 in a manner of seconds, but because HP and MP did not reset when one reaches the next level, Brust could still feel the fatigue piling.

Yet, he didn't break!

"COME AT ME, YOU FILTHY BEASTS! I'LL KILL EACH AND EVERY ONE OF YOU!"

Five — Ten — twenty-three — twenty-eight — he killed and killed and killed, but in the end…

All of it was for nothing.

One of the guards shouted before getting overrun with another tide of daemons.

No matter how much one cries for hope, it was primarily impossible for him to face them all, and soon, the inevitable happened.

"THEY'RE BREAKING THROUGH, CAPTAIN, AH — HELP, HELP, HELP ME!"

His forces were overwhelmed, but that would be the last of his concerns.

For a second, everyone above LVL 200 felt a shift in the mana flow.

Turning their attention to where it was going, they saw it; the GarganKong, with its mouth open, gathered the surrounding blood and mana of the dead.

The Red GarganKong roared, and when it finished charging energy, it fired away.

Mirsha's eyes dilated, 'Oh no!' Mirsha saw this and covered herself in a wall of fire, expecting the coming calamity to include her.

But, nothing came. Instead, the walls shook and crumbled as a massive hole formed in the middle.

"Dammit! It's opening up a path!" she yelled.

ROARRRRRRRRRRRRR!

Bursting into a roar, the GarganKong charged with all its might.

It did not slow down, not even for the beasts underneath its foot. It trampled upon its children, not caring how many it killed.

CRASH! BOOM!

The GarganKong came into contact with the wall.

Like the ancient toy of Legos meeting the brute strength of a child, the walls fell.

The guards, including Mirsha, fell as they lost their footing.

Mirsha, who had now been drained of her Mana, tried to resist her fall to doom. Calculating ways to survive the ordeal, she was prepared to sacrifice her tongue for more power.

"HUMAN — MIRSHA!"

She heard someone call her name.

It called out to her, and as she turned her head to the side, she saw two Ogre Champions and an Ancient Blood Monarch.

The three daemons swooped in to take Mirsha away, but when they did so, Dhampy caught the attention of the GarganKong.

The beast smiled.

It roared!

Dhampy's pupils shrunk.

"Luck, Scar, protect the human keep her alive, I'm going to hunt something irri— oh shi—"

Dhampy couldn't finish her words as the GarganKong had already thrown its fist.

Seeing this, Dhampy quickly grabbed Luck and Scar by the hair and threw them away before summoning her skeletons in mid-air!

BOOM!

The skeleton soldiers were pulverized as the fist came into contact.

The under-leveled Undead was sent flying hundreds of meters away and into a building roof hundreds of meters away.

No one rose out from the rubbles.

"NO!"

They cried as Scar and Luck saw the brutal sight.

BAM!

The two carrying their mission landed a couple dozen of meters away. They quickly stood up, wanting to promptly search for Dhampy. However, Luck and Scar felt danger looking straight at them.

The GarganKong also recognized them from the time it got pinned down.

Grinning, it also wanted to kill them.

Using its fist as a hammer, the GarganKong intended to crush the two Ogres to a bloody pulp.

Lilith's orders were to keep their lives, and Luck and Scarface escaped — that was what they would have done if not for the fact they did not hear about that part.

They already moved before that could be said.

They only knew the mission of protecting the human. Thus, they remained to face death.

Crossing their arms, Luck and Scarface received the mutated beast's strength head-on.

BAM!

Mirsha was plopped on the ground. She saw the two daemons carrying the weight of the Gargankong.

Blood came out of their mouth and nose as the weight almost killed them.

Their level was only at the early 200s, but with sheer will, they summoned strength they never knew they had.

"LEAVE!!" Luck shouted.

Mirsha's eyes widened.

"YOU'RE OUR MISSION! WE CAN'T HAVE YOU DYING ON OUR WATCH! THE PRIESTESS WILL BE SADDENED!" Scar then added as his feet got buried deeper into the ground.

"You two-" she did not know what to say.

For daemons to go so far... it was unheard of.

"HUMAN! GO! LEAVE!" the two shouted in a chorus.

Mirsha was hesitant but remembering the Apes had rushed the City, her anxiousness to save her family became greater than anything else.

"Okay, I hope you two sur—"

"IN THE NAME OF THE GODDESS, PLEASE LEAVE!!"

"O-Okay! Don't die!"

Mirsha escaped as she sought out her family, leaving Luck and Scar to face the GarganKong.

The GarganKong was using more and more force against the two Ogres.

Their tenacity was incredible, surprising even themselves that they could last against such an opponent.

Though it was a given that it had spent some energy bringing the walls down, it was still amazing they were still alive.

The bones in their arms have already cracked and were about to shatter, and it was then that something happened.

With their mission objective behind them, rage in their hearts seeing their teacher fall, Luck and Scarface grit their teeth.

A mysterious dark gold Smoke came out of their body as their rage increased.

Letting out a roar, they used their all to push the GarganKong's fist away.

The GarganKong was surprised and even got pushed a step back. It was then that it saw the two Ogres whose body was releasing crimson smoke, standing with both hands dangling about, out of breath, and an undying will under their eyes.

With bloodshot eyes, they looked deep into the GargaKong's eyes.

"We're going to —"

"—Hunt this thing."

A maniacal grin appeared on Luck's and Scar's bloodied faces.

Somewhere in the forest, Lilith received a notification.

'That took an unexpected turn.'

She said, with her interest piqued.

'Give them everything they need. Spare nothing.' Lilith said with a smile.

[Okay.] Alpha answered

If you do not remember, Scarface and Luck are two of the first Ogres Lilith picked to follow her on a whim.

If you wish to support the story Patreon is the way and it is 25 Chapters (5 Weeks) ahead

79