110. Giant Killing II
1.4k 9 78
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

[Your Priestess has brought forth a miracle to grant you the chance to reach greater heights, fight and show her your worth!]

A notification popped up on the side, but the pair failed to even take notice.

In front of Luck and Scar was a beast towering over fifteen meters. Both their arms were destroyed and could barely be lifted.

But, so what?

They did not care for they have other weapons to use — their heads, teeth, legs, and even their torsos.

Their entire existence was a weapon, and after going through Dhampy's tutelage, they learned how to use them all.

They learned how to kill a "Giant."

"Luck, we're using everything we have, utilize the environment and kill this bastard who touched Big Sis."

"We might die, you know?" Luck laughed as he prepared himself.

"Who cares?" Scarface chuckled as he planted his feet on the ground.

Ogres, fierce and savage warriors who frequently face odds that towers over them. Their courage stronger than steel, loyalty second to none, and these two, like those who were captivated by the Priestess' kindness and strength, would fight to get whatever she desires.

Like parents wanting to fulfill their child's wish, these two self-proclaimed bodyguards would fight for Lilith without questions asked.

They were a part of the first handpicked Ogres, and as the others already found their paths like Eve, who co-leads the Shadow Platoon, and Killa, who remains beside Lilith, only them were without a course to tread.

But now, they wanted to establish themselves, "Destroy those who get in her way."

They wanted to show they, too could pave a path that would lead them to the one who showed them a life they thought to be non-existent.

And with broken arms and an unbreakable will, they roared aloud!!

BOOM!

The ground caved as they dashed forward, and using their feet, they struck not the GarganKong but the closest Tyrant Ape!

BAM! BAM! SLASH! CRASH!

They tore through the ranks of the oncoming Apes, not sparing a single one and killing them one by one; it took several chained strikes but cleaned them all.

Fwu!

The wind roared.

The Gargankong moved.

"SCAR!!!!" Luck shouted, seeing the GarganKong moving its giant fist against his companion.

Scar was caught unawares, he managed to kill an Ape, but he was now about to die, he wanted to get away, to escape, but, before Scar could do any of that, the only thing he saw was a giant fist coming his way.

He no longer had any time.

"I didn't even get to do anything properly." Scar said as he unknowingly accepted his fate.

But someone wouldn't let him die, and from the corners of his eyes, he saw it, a trailing red comet heading for the GarganKong's head; Luck, soaring through the skies with a broken yet tightly clenched fist.

'Push everything beyond its limits. The only way to survive is to kill the one before you, and to kill them efficiently is to strike their weak points.' These were Dhampy's words, and Luck could remember them very clearly.

Anyone would have run away, but Luck smiled and gathered his strength on his shattered fist, and as he gritted his teeth, he pushed himself beyond the limitations of his broken body!

The comet left a trail of embers.

Luck's body was wrapped in mysterious blood-red tattoos.

Bone stuck out of his fist, and boiling blood escaping from his injuries.

His body moved on its own, his stiff hair ignited, and then his fist followed, turning into a ball of a magnificent blaze; luck roared, "DIE!"

BOOM!

GRAAAAAAAAAAA!

Straight on the beast's unprotected eye.

The GarganKong stopped its assault on Scarface, then its other arm moved, swatting the blazing Ogre away.

CRASH!

A building collapsed the moment Luck crashed onto it.

With smoke coming out of his body, Luck could feel the changes happening within him. His organs were burning, and his blood was churning; Luck could feel the power surging within him.

[!@# %#@!@# (#@*&y#!@) [Translating]...-]

'What's this?'

[Phoenix Garb (Active Skill Acquired): your blood and mana would be automatically used up when your health reaches a certain threshold. Your regeneration and power would be enhanced for five minutes but would put the user in a weakened state for five hours.]

Luck got a new active skill, and just as he was about to activate said skill, his eyes dilated when the GarganKong peeked over the hole of the building with its mouth wide mouth carrying a red orb of power ready to be fired at him.

The building crumbled, and the now enraged GarganKong gathered mana and blood in its mouth to blast Luck into oblivion.

'I need to move!' Luck wanted to escape and regain his strength so he could fight once more. He even went ahead and activated his newest skill despite its risks, but, 'FUCK!' he had no strength to move.

Luck was left with only a single way to survive this, fight it head-on.

He had no defensive skill. Luck only had offense, his fist, and this mysterious fire enveloping him; if the Gargankong fire the blast directly into him, and Luck could not evade, then the best bet he had to live on would be to just face it without fear!

"No strength to move? Then I will face it head-on!" Luck roared.

Dhampy's words echoed in his ears.

"Grit your teeth; that's the only way to climb higher… the moment you let go, you will truly die. If you don't want to die in a certain death situation, then try to live on, don't give up, and if needed, use your mouth to hold on to what is left of your life."

Her words told him nothing more than to live on through the challenges and live on, he would.

Luck gathered the fire around his body; the Phoenix Garb already gave him enough strength to stand up!

"Come at me, you beast!" Luck's scream echoed, and with his prompt, the beam of light fired out, a giant ball of energy emerged from the beast's mouth — strong enough to eradicate him from existence.

Luck, however, did not care; he was prepared to die here if needed. He would fulfill the Priestess' desires even if it meant losing his life!

He was an expendable tool long before Lilith took him under his wings, and if it meant dying to buy enough time for their target of protection to escape, then Luck would gladly do so.

Luck's roar echoed, his flame blazed and the wick of his life slowly crawled to its glorious end!

[Skill (Acquired) — Raging Fire Fist]

His fist burned brighter than ever; his desire more resplendent than it had! Finally, luck activated the newly acquired skill and delivered a devastating blow with a broken fist!

Like second nature to him, the fire bloomed from his fist and raged to fight against the beam of red light! So a hard-fought battle of prowess emerges, but no matter what he tries, all of it was for naught.

'For the Priestess.' He was confident his death would not be in vain

The beam of red light was too strong for him to takel Luck knew of this fact, death would take him, but he was ready happy glad to die in battle.

"Don't hug the limelight, you fool!"

SSSSHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

A sharp noise slithered from out of nowhere, a roar echoed, and from the corner of Luck's eyes, a purple figure lacerated the air with lightning. Scar's voice echoed!

[Indra's Manifestation — duration (2 minutes) —

Lightning crackled, thunder exploded, and with his leg radiating with power, Scar held nothing back!

"Lightning SPEAR!"

BOOOOOOM!

The GargaKong's other unprotected eye was destroyed!

The beast roared in pain, the beam wavered, an opening showed itself.

Luck did no miss this opening and immediately overcharged his skill!

BOOM!

The beast's steps staggered backward as its chest accepted the full brunt of the blaze! A pained roared echoed and held onto the giant walls to regain its footing!

It stood, but not for long!

Scar landed atop a roof, and without even checking if his friend was alright or not, he shouted!

"LUCK, GET READY!"

"I GOT YOU, BROTHER!"

Luck and Scar separated they may be communicated through their roaring spirits; from their position, they planted their feet and channeled all that they had remaining.

Draw out more power being pumped into their very existence.

They jumped, two resplendent lights streaked through the skies, Luck pulled his arms back, Scar readied his leg, and with them gritting their teeth, they exploded with immeasurable might!

"FAAAAALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL!" they roared.

BAM!

Another explosion reverberated in the ears of many; this time, the humans turned their heads to see the figure of a fire "demon" and one clad in lightning standing, falling on the rubbles of the destroyed wall.

Luck and Scar climbed off the rubbles; both of them had blood streaming down their bodies, yet they cared little about such a matter!

Both of them looked at the GarganKong who staggered hundreds of meters away.

They clenched their fists and turned their nose into the heavens!

“GORAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!”

A Warcry that pierced the very heavens!

They announced their triumphant victory!

They announced their existence!

And with their announcement, they received a new notification!

[Mutation has been completed….]

[Luck –> Flame Dominator]

[Scar –> Lightning Gladiator]

But just like before, they ignored it.

Their ragged bodies walked with slow and tiny steps; their advance filled with an unending rush of pain. The buffs they received had already come to an end, but

"For the Mission."

"For Big Sis."

The two bodyguards have mutated, and though they stumbled, they now stood tall as they prepared to continue the hunt.

"For the Priestess." Both of them spoke with determination.

They would stop at nothing to fulfill her desires.

Oh yeah, I like side characters actually getting to fight not just the main casts.

I don't really like the idea of characters that get drowned by new ones, but I also don't like forcefully integrating sudden boosts so I hope this is more feasible and does not feel forced. 

If you wish to support me or just want to read ahead of the story, my Patreon is the way and is 25 Chapters (5 Weeks) ahead

78