111. Reinforcement
1.2k 8 78
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

A few minutes ago.

Somewhere in the nearby Forest, Lilith received an unfamiliar message through her System.

[Two of the daemons under you are undergoing a mutation.] Alpha informed her.

"Oh? What's this?" Lilith was intrigued, and when she received the names, she became even more so, "Luck and Scarface, huh. So their training under Dhampy finally bore fruit."

[They are in a fight and have tapped into their bloodlines through their rage. Though I am connected to them like your followers, I can still provide them easier mutation process. However, note that they are in combat, and this Mutation's necessary Life Essence may differ from the original price. Whatever amount you will see would be more of a suggestion rather than an actual limit al—]

"Do it… let them mutate. Let Scar and Luck reach their highest potential. There are hundreds of dead beings on where we're going; I got the LE covered." Lilith was happy to see that her people were evolving

[Hoooh, that's good to hear, don't worry, this sacrifice of yours will reach them. Through mysterious ways, they will know you gave them this chance—]

[Luck [Ogre Champion —> ???] 40,000 LE –> ???

[Scarface [Ogre Champion —> ???] 40,000 LE –> ???]

[Mutation will now begin]

On the battlefield, Luck and Scarface received a notification from the red panel every being had.

It was a notification that they have not seen before.

[Your Priestess has brought forth a miracle to grant you the chance to reach greater heights, fight and show her your worth!]

The said message was not even read by the two, but they fought back the Gargankong so they could protect Mirsha.

They fought until they broke all their bones and moved, following their instincts. They moved quicker than before, but they did not even notice.

They became stronger by the minute, and by the end of it all, they unknowingly finished their Mutation.

[Luck and Scarface have managed to mutate. That's honestly impressive.

[Luck –> Flame Dominator]

[Scar –> Lightning Gladiator]

They have reached a new stage in their lives. I guess that makes the two of them the first Mutated Daemons of your village. I didn't think your people would reach such a stage so early on.] Alpha commented.

'It is to be expected; my people are really hard working.' She said with untold pride.

When she said those words, Alpha did not answer with a snark; simply, the System within just smiled and stayed silent. It's not often one could hear the tiny she-devil genuinely complimented someone out of pride.

===

Scar and Luck were both tired, both worn and torn from the fight against the Gargankong. Nevertheless, both of them did not stop their strides. Instead, they ambled on the uneven clutter of debris as they intended to fight the beast once again.

"HANDS IN THE AIR!" but a shout echoed in their ears; several humans came out of hiding, pointing weapons at them that shoot beams of energy. Luck and Scar looked at them and completely understood their words.

Despite the ones holding the weapons, the humans shivered at the sight of the two bleeding daemons. A chill ran down their spines. Seeing this, the pair began moving only to stop before a man holding a giant battle-ax.

"Who are you two? Are you… our enemies? Or our allies?"

Covered in blood from all the wounds he incurred in the fight. He was silent as he waited for their answers, but… he received no such thing.

They walked past him, with Luck saying, "Move… human, the hunt… has yet to end."

Luck was almost out of breath. He was on his last leg just like Scar, but the duo could hardly care.

"Captain, your orders." One of the soldiers on standby asked.

Daemons were the enemies of humanity; they were a scourge that poured into their world; eradication was their fate. Brust watched them stagger towards the battlefield. As the Captain of the City Military, he should kill them… they were the enemies.

But—he chose not to.

"…contact the Hunter's Association and contact them about the evacuation. The Tyrant Apes have infiltrated the City, the citizens are in danger. Call the able-bodied Hunters and tell them to protect the airships! Tell the Sector Leader about the situation! Our goal is to minimize casualty!"

"Yes, Sir!" the soldiers shouted.

"But sir, what about the Gargankong? And what about the two daemons? Should we kill them now before they turn into a bigger problem?"

"Leave them be; they are not hostile. At least for now, those two are not our enemies." Brust paused before reluctantly leaving the walls to the daemons.

"Human… wait a minute." Scar shouted out to Brust.

Brust stopped, "What is it?"

"Can you… do me… a favor?"

"If I am up to the tasked then I shall."

===

The beast was not dead; it only staggered out of the City.

It was far from dead, and with it being treated like so, its beastly rage would only grow more powerful by the second it had its back on the ground.

The Gargankong contemplated with its limited mind wondering, "why" and "how" it lost to insignificant bugs such as two broken Ogres. A beast would always be a beast, it had no rules, but even it had a semblance of pride.

It lay there, watching the skies, its eyes growing even redder as its fur became striker than before.

BAM!

The ground shook as the Gargankong hammered the ground, as it threw a tantrum!

BAM! BAM! BAM! BAM! BAM! BAM! BAM! BAM! BAM! BAM! BAM! BAM!

But after a while, it calmed down, stood up, and its crimson eyes had long passed the point of simple rage.

"DIDN'T YOU LEARN A SINGLE THING! YOU MONKEY!?" Scar shouted as his body radiated with lightning.

Unlike Luck, Scar did not have a single healing ability. But his lightning was still manifesting as it energized his muscles and mind.

As for Luck, whose regenerative ability had already been depleted, he was standing still, gathering his strength in his body.

They did not know what they were doing, but they used their newfound abilities to their utmost limit.

All their skills had already been used up. They were weakened, yet, the two did not eke away like the others.

"Just a little more, Scar, and this will end."

"Of course, I wonder… will the Goddess give us some of that wine she gave the others? I've wanted to get a taste…."

"I don't know, but if we beg, maybe we could."

They had a mission to fulfill, they had a reason to stand, and thus, they did not care for the danger, much less the puny humans.

The Gargankong rose; it was angered long beyond its breaking point. It stared at the two warriors it fought.

The Gargankong silently looked at them, it growled, and then:

“GRUAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!”

It roared!

Luck and Scar planted their feet on the ground; they gritted their teeth and circled fire and lightning around them. Blood flowed, but it didn't matter.

Bones cracked, and they ignored it.

Pain overwhelmed their senses, and they pushed through it!

"COME ON! WE CAN TAKE YOU!"

On the brink of death… they roared with an undying will behind their eyes.

They got ready for battle!

The Gargankong was ready to end the two!

They were ready to lay down their lives!

The fight was about to continue!

BAM!

Seris, the Persian Representative

Red, the newly appointed Werewolf Representative

Ruthlessly struck the back of the Gargankong's head without shame!

Reinforcement has arrived.

Sorry about the messy schedule of releases, have been a hectic week, on another note, I hope you like the Scar and Luck 

If you wish to support me or just want to read ahead of the story, my Patreon is the way and is 25 Chapters ahead

78