112. Devils
1.4k 6 74
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Seris and Red go ahead and act as reinforcement to the ones in front."

"What?"

"Priestess?"

Two Alpha of a Race of opposing species were against each other's throat though they could not tell why. Seris had always been on good terms with the Elder of the Werewolves. In front of Red, however, she was hostile. As for Red, she simply did not like the air around Seris.

They simply could not stomach one another, and this conflict was neither hidden nor a secret. Everyone in the village knew of this, so it was a surprise when Lilith decided to send them off on a mission together.

"Priestess, with all due respect, I could do this on my own. I don't need the help of this cat."

"Huh? What did you just call me, you mutt?"

Seris and Red argued while they were on the move. Lilith just rested her face atop her palm, "You two, please, just go already. At this moment, I can't really deal with the romance between you two and Chief. Both of you could reach that place in a few minutes because of your speed; the group we have here cannot follow you. Dhampy, Luck, and Scar could die with every second you two waste."

"Huh? Priestess, what are talking—" Seris wanted to retaliate with words, but Red cut her off.

"I KNEW IT! That must have been why I was so worried! You were a rival, after all!" Red turned to Lilith, her eyes burning crimson with passion, "I will fulfill this mission and prove that I am superior!"

Without missing a beat, Red went ahead, leaving the others behind. Seris and Lilith exchanged gazes, "She's going on ahead, Seris; she's going to get there before you do, you know."

"… I'm not doing this to prove myself for that brute!" Serius followed Red shortly after the outburst of emotion. The two disappeared into the thick forest, leaving Lilith, Killa, Luna, and dozen more Ogre Champions whose level averages 230.

[Seris definitely have feelings for Chief… okay, I won the bet.]

'Bet? Who are you betting with? Did you win?'

[The bet isn't completed until Seris admits it wholeheartedly, so the bet is still ongoing. Also, I am betting with the other Seraphs; they are watching us right now. I was betting that Seris had feelings for Chief, and I am winning! They actually said Seris had a thing for Red. Can you believe that?]

'What will you win?'

[Heavenly Dew, it's delicious, you know. It's really dull inside you, you know. I need to have a drink from time to time as well. I've been craving Heavenly Dew for a while now too.]

'Is that so… WAIT YOU'RE EATING WHERE!!?!!'

[What? I occupy the space where the information of your body and soul is located; what, you think I'm some sort of invisible and intangible force? Think, Lilith think!]

'I am so lost right now.'

[Don't think about it too much. Once you reach a certain level, you'll awaken access to this place soon enough.]

'Seriously? I don't even know what's happening to my body anymore. Sigh, oh yeah, what did you use to bet with the other Seraphs? You had Heavenly Dew with you from the beginning? Why didn't you give me some to see if it might've had some hidden effects to increase our chances of living?'

[Oh, I didn't have any, and I used your wine for the bet.]

'Reall…MY WINE!?'

'The Priestess' expression is twisted; she must really be worried about Big Sis and the others.' Luna motioned to the others so they could hasten their pace.

***

Brust's past had always been connected to daemons, his parents were killed by them, and in turn, he dedicated his life to protecting others from suffering the same fate as he did.

He spent all his time growing stronger so he could fight the daemons, but now, Brust was moving to fulfill the request of the beings he swore to destroy.

Brust could feel the bloodlust coming from the battlefield. When he turned around, the only thing he saw were two new daemons, [Werewolf Leader: LVL 243], [Persian Lord: LVL 248]

"Another two Monsters appeared? But they are attacking the Gargankiong, so they may not be the enemy? What the hell is happening? There were daemons like that in the Valley? I don't even know anymore."

Though he was considerably strong, even reaching the level of 200s only 20% of Humanity have achieved, Brust understood that before the force that was the Gargankong, only praying to God would save him and the City.

Though he did not pray, a miracle had already happened, daemons, with abnormal strength able to jump levels appeared and pushed the Gargankong back out of the City Walls, 'Because of them the City has yet to be ravished by the Gargankong and its forces. I don't want to admit it, but those daemons are… our saviors.'

The idea of daemons saving a human was unthinkable for someone like him who had fought and kill daemons all his life, 'Right there, I found it!'

Brust's expression lit up seeing a destroyed building. He looked around and confirmed the words of the daemons, 'They were correct.'

Like the other, this building was in ruins due to the Gargankong and the Tyrant Apes, but it had one quality that set it apart from everything else. Blood was slowly being attracted to the inner areas.

Brust began moving the debris. The stench of blood became thicker the deeper Brust goes.

Crrk!

The rocks rolled, the blood trail vibrated, and from the depths of the debris was a hand that emerged! The hand, pale and bloodied, it was slim and its nails utterly blood red.

BOOM!

Brust fell on his behind; a mix of fatigue and shock made him fall.

At this time, Brust should have moved. He did not know if the being underneath this debris was friendly or not. Brust wanted to flee but couldn't.

He was frozen and could not move, and it was not just him who couldn't, but even the daemons and the humans alike at a fifty-meter diameter, no one could move!

The Tyrant Apes that felt like they were the kings of the world trembled, and the humans who fought valiantly returned to being cowards!

The cloud of dust slowly dissipated; a woman, garbed in a black cloak, stood before Brust.

Black smoke was oozing from underneath her cloak; silently, she stood there, thinking, "Another Black Spirit?"

A deep and cold voice, without emotion, only the sense of regality, that was what he was faced with [Ancient Blood Monarch: LVL 157].

This being was weaker than him, more fragile than the Tyrant Apes, but her presence alone was enough to stop the tide of the fight!

Was this due to her level? Was it because of her bloodlust? No, it was far simpler! It was because she was who she was, a Ancient Blood Monarch.

"Human… why did you help me?" the Ancient Blood Monarch asked, her tone without so much as a hint of respect.

"…A-a daemon asked me to help you."

"Is that so?" Dhampy's eyes moved in the direction of the battlefield; she could feel someone else other than Luck and Scar were fighting the Gargankong. After a moment of silence, Dhampy turned around and walked away from the battlefield against the Gargankong.

"A-are you not… going to help them fight?"

"They can take care of it… besides, I have something else I must stop."

Dhampy walked away and then disappeared from in front of Brust.

If you haven't noticed, Black Spirits have something to do with Dhampy and others, as for whether she'll die due to it remains unknown 

If you wish to support me or just want to read ahead of the story, my Patreon is the way and is 25 Chapters ahead

74