114. Cursed Frost
1.2k 5 69
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

[You have met the necessary sacrifice — activation of the [Black Ice of Wechuge] has begun.]

The seed of anarchy buried in Will’s heart finally cracked open.

[A crystal of Wechuge has made contact with you…]

His eyes began to change the dark pupils became a blue hue, his hair a complete and utter white, like the falling snowflakes in winter.

From his heart, Will was dragged into another world where winter ruled. Over the horizon was a throne chiseled from a mountain. On it was a reclining Giant, a being so huge if it stands its head would pierce the clouds.

Its skin was dark blue, its eyes like sapphire, and for its head was the skull of a deer.

“We meet again, Human.”

“So, we did… Devil.”

The two exchanged gazes; they were so far apart it would seem impossible, but this world was made in their mind, shared between the two, like a dreamscape, but honest. Wechuge raised his hand, and a human scale of his figure appeared before Will.

“I thought you wouldn’t call for me?”

“…I thought so as well….”

“What made you change your mind?”

“My family… they need me… so, I must do this….”

“Is that so.” Wechuge did not understand the concept of family. Its existence had never been corporeal; its existence was that of a specter, in between worlds. But, unlike its brothers and sisters, it was calm and did not laugh at its hosts, especially at Will, “You once fought me out of your soul… so now you accept me into your body, willingly… with your heart as a sacrifice… I accept you as my vessel. Now, will you accept your fate?”

“Wechuge, give me power.”

Wechuge raised his hand and pierced Will’s chest. Blood flowed out, but not one spilled to the ground as the red became blue and the warm became frost, Will looked at Wechuge, whose figure slowly disintegrated.

“For as long as you can keep your namesake, you will keep your sanity. How long will you be able to fight your Monsterization? Will it last for seconds, minutes, or succumb altogether? Tell me, how long do you think?”

“…Long enough.”

Wechuge smiled, “Many claimed the same as you, but none has succeeded so far. But, let us see how long you will be able to keep it at bay. I wonder, will you be able to show me a miracle again, human? Or should I say — Devil?”

The Spirit disappeared from his sight and was replaced by a Dark Blue panel.

[Black Frost of Wechuge is Activating… your heart offering was accepted by the Frost Devil Wechuge… you took the role of the vessel, you will now [The Process of Incarnation has bega… Stat Boost Active… Cursed Frost – Skills activated — Monsterization has begun…] the curse of Wechuge will now transform your existence.]

[Cursed Frost — S [Gained] — Skills Unlocked… Regained… accessible]

With his body changing, so was his very core of power. The skills forcefully marked into his soul and body broke their bindings, and without any more hesitation, Will breathed out a sigh of reprieve.

“Cursed Frost — Glacial Shell.” Will encased the entire Hangar in ice. Though drastically lowering the temperature, with this, the Tyrant Apes would not be able to reach his daughter, “…and I would be able to reach them.”

From his past, the only thing that Will could remember was the color white. A past where he was experimented on by people in white lab coats, kept in a white room; the sight of a white figure appeared in his dream during the night.

A giant covered in white Frost, a being that did not exist in this world. A mysterious being made of frost, existing in between the planes of living existences and soul. This being had a mind of its own, but it will not talk to him when it stands before Will.

[Cursed Frost Skill Tree — activated — level Cap skilling calculating… LVL 113… the Blight of the Frost Giant temporarily lifted… Level Overhaul will begin after Monserization. LVL 113 –> LVL 217]

“Cursed Frost — Black Gauntlets of the Tundra.” Two black-colored Ice Gauntlets encased his fists. Will clenched his fist.

Grunt, Wechuge would, but nothing more. There was a time when it tried to take him over but failed. It was a time of absolute torture, his mind honed so that he could become a perfect warrior for the sake of others.

It was hell for him, but in that place came a light as magnificent as the Sun. Mirsha extended her hands to him, offered him solace… offered him comfort. He fell in love, and for her sake, he let the Spirit within devouring a part of his mind and gain the power to escape.

“Cursed Frost — Black Greaves of the Tundra…”  his legs were encased by frost, and with it, he began to walk. He walked with his eyes slowly losing their light.

Stab!

Will stabbed his right shoulder, “Stay awake!” the pain kept the sanity.

When he used it before, Will thought he would die, but Mirsha suppressed the Frost with her flames. His control of the Spirit slowly dwindled with the failed takeover.

“Cursed Frost — Black Mask of the Tundra….”

Instinctively, Will knew that there was no chance he could become a True Incarnation of it now… but with his daughter behind him… he stabbed his heart and called forth the thing that watched him from his heart.

[Three Sets of Frost activated… Special Cursed Binding — Tundral Hunter (S)]

He was afraid of dying,  of losing himself, of what’s beyond this life, but he was more afraid to lose his family; thus, the father took his stance.

He activated the skill he promised he would keep locked up inside of him. He breathed out, and with his blood transforming from red to blue, he knew that the Monsterization was commencing.

With this, he would no longer be able to call himself human, but… he would be a good father who protected his daughter.

And that alone was enough.

“COME!” He chose to fight the tide of Tyrant Apes as his sanity was slowly devoured.

All for the sake of his loved ones.

Starting today, we'll be back to 5 chap a week

69