136. She’s Possessed, Not Stupid
426 1 23
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The title of the one true Goddess' direct Apostle/Priestess was to be vied for. For the longest time, they sought out candidates. Going through every name possible, sorting them out and in the trillions of lifeforms, they chose Lilith.

She was granted the greatest honor one could possess. A connection to the highest power, destined to be the Empress, and rule over daemon kind that was her destiny onward.

From this alone, Lilith should be promised a bright future, right? RIGHT!?

'GOD.FUCKING.NO!' Lilith experienced no luxury and only hardships. She wasn't being led by the nose; Lilith wins every time, even when she loses, yet, she's amongst the weakest in her village.

Her life hangs in the fancy of others, with her followers being stronger than her. Though she got used to it after learning the harsh lesson of life that she couldn't  do everything alone, it was still true that they could quickly kill her if any of them were to decide they had enough of her high-pitched cutesy voice and wanted a "Real" leader.

Not to mention their forms were far more appealing than a kid, a cat, and a fat lizard with wings.

She was not destined for anything. She was given a choice, and a goal. Whether she becomes an Empress or not would be decided by her efforts.

Dragged through mud time and time again, Lilith suffered just to survive.

Lilith would question the Goddess every time she gets hammered by the only gift she kept a treasure, knowing she wouldn't get an answer because of self-imposed rules.

'Because of the oh-so-glorious Free Will, I can't get a fucking Empire with a wave of my hand? Bitch, my Free Will is about to end with my Free Life!'

She had nothing going for her other than being cute. But all of that was about to change.

Because she just survived what could've killed an Ogre or anyone else in the village if they were careless.

'I survived that? Am I getting some sort of impenetrable armor that protects me from every fatal encounter… nahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, that can't be it, could it? I received no system message, so surely, that can't be it. Then, does that mean… I have grown stronger?'

This realization took place in three seconds, but for Lilith, it was enough.

As a little Dragon, she smiled, giggling as she did so. Behind Lilith was Dhampy, who could not believe her ears listening to the tiny Boss laughing that transformed into a loud cackle.

'Di-did, she hit her head a little too hard?' Dhampy thought, and the others shared the same sentiment.

"Pri-priestess, are you all right?" Killa asked in concern to the Priestess.

The laughter continued to echo.

FWU!

Lilith sprung up from the ground, her eyes glowing and her smile as big as it could get. She looked at Mirsha, and then answered with a delighted smile,, "Oh… I have not felt better…."

In the situation where the coordinator of skills, the one who analyzes the enemy and sifts through the data given to them by those above, constantly keeping her in line, Lilith suddenly felt a rush. It was exhilarating for her; now, she sees that she's strong… she salivated.

Lilith had finally realized that she wasn't weak.

She was just scratching the surface of her own power. And she had reached a checkpoint.

[Racial Ability (Unlocked):]

[The 5th Dragon Frenzy (Passive): increase in strength, speed, defense, and skills for five minutes.]

Her eyes glowed red, and the idea of a chain loosening appeared; Lilith flapped her wings in excitement as she floated in place, "From here on, no one shall interfere."

"Priestess? What do you mean?  Wa-wait—"

Killa's words could not reach an overexcited Lilith.

Fwu!

Lilith flew up into the skies. Her speed faster than she had ever gone.

"Shihahahahaha!"

Killa watched the Priestess leave as she flapped her little wings. The Priestess suddenly changed, the air around her was intense, and her eyes glowed crimson, "Sh-she's entering the Blood Raze! Everyone gets out of the Priestess' way!"

"What? Blood Raze?"

Killa also didn't want to believe it. But, the ever so calm Priestess entered what the Ogres called a Blood Raze.

[Blood Raze: A state of bloodlust crazy where an Ogre goes is filled with a gradually increasing desire to fight.]

Lilith sliced through the wind with her tiny wings. Killa felt the wind pressure, something got in his eyes, and when he opened his eyes again, the Priestess had already bashed her head against Mirsha, sending the flying up.

"Priestess!" Killa shouted in worry, fearing for her safety, but he received no response.

Lilith was enjoying herself far too much to even give a fuck. Her thick head bashed Mirsha repeatedly, and as they floated up in the skies, Mirsha remained untamed. Her mind was overtaken by rage amplified by the whispers of the being that dwell deep within.

BOOM!

Heat Waves exploded from Mirsha's body.

Lilith was blown backwards and sent hurtling to the distance. She desperately flapped her winds to recover.

"Grrr." Lilith growled in discontent, "That hurt, you bitch." She said as she spat poisonous Blood on her claws.

"You're important to me, but that does not mean I won't beat you senseless." Lilith talked to herself and beelined to Mirsha; she flew across the night skies and raised her tiny claw, "Hehe, take this! Lilith special Dragon Claw attack!"

Lilith roared aloud and swung her claws down.

SLASH!

Laced with her poisonous and in a frenzy Blood Lilith's claws moved swiftly.

She was fast. But nothing guaranteed her that it would hit.

"Oh shit, I missed!"

Mirsha didn't even do anything grand; she just moved to the side to avoid the unnecessarily blatant attack. She was now a mindless minion of the darkness, but even the spirit within had more experience than Lilith, who just got drunk in power and decided to go on a power trip.

Mirsha was possessed, not stupid.

Lilith, on the other hand, became stupid due to the buff.

Mirsha and Lilith looked at each other's eyes, and it was at that moment that Lilith remembered her every victory came from sneak attacks and a surprise burst of strength… she already showed Mirsha that… and now that the human had gotten used to it. Meaning, she had nothing else up her sleeves.

'I fucked up.' The realization brought Lilith back to reality.

"A!@#%!#@$!@%#@!$@#$" Mirsha's shriek devolved so much that it was past the words of a human or anything that could be translated to an intelligent person's vocabulary. Her flames, however, the power she held, only grew in its intensity.

–166

It was getting dangerous, and rationality had brought back Lilith's rational mind. However, Lilith licked her lips in excitement, 'The flames are now also affecting her. But in her berserker state, she's not going to care. She doesn't see that she's dying or wants to die… survive this, and I win….'

"!@#!@$%@!#(*& @!#)_(*%$@#&$!@)(* !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" A sonorous war cry reverberated across the Forest. The wild daemons in the area all ran from the stench of death that crept into their noses.

ERROR: 57%

Black Flames appeared more and more. It gathered at a single place, just above Mirsha's head… Lilith was now rethinking her life as a giant blade formed.

ERROR: 63%

HP: 934/5,200

Mirsha's connection to the Black Spirit had grown stronger and, in turn, sapped her life. Her legs were now covered in a black tattoo, her arms becoming darker like a shadow's, her flames becoming hotter and Lilith watched in horror as the only thought that remained in her mind was—

"I can't dodge."

There were others below… and dodging would mean their death.

@!(*&%#)@*($!_)@(#!

Mirsha shrieked like a banshee, and the sword descended unto Lilith.

Lilith opened her mouth wide instead of running away and summoned the "Shadow" in her Dragons' Heart.

'The buff will allow me to match her… it will allow me to survive… allow me to save the others!' Lilith's mana drained to 0% in a split second. She gathered everything she had in her mouth, and Lilith unleashed the strongest Darkness Dragon's Breath she had ever made.

BOOM!

The Dragon Breath and the Giant sword clashed into a powerful explosion.

A powerful wave of power exploded. Uprooting the trees and unweaving the earth. Lilith exploded in power like she never had before, but the blade of fire cleaved through her efforts like a hot knife through butter.

"Shit!" she cursed as she prepared to take the blade with her thick skull, hoping that she'd be able to at least scatter it.

"PRIESTESS, NO!" The daemons called out, once again, they witnessed their Priestess sacrificing herself for their sakes!

They all moved to come to save the Priestess, but none of them were fast enough to intervene.

"I CAN DO THIS!!!!!" Lilith shouted and pumped herself up, "COME!"

"Don't be a fool, Master." A mysterious voice came from behind Lilith.

"Huh? You—-" Lilith did not expect it to arrive.

A synchronized voice echoed, and from out of nowhere appeared a black shadow that crashed and shattered the black of flames.

"Now, finish her off," the mysterious figure spoke and as it destroyed the  black flame sword with three simultaneous chomp.

None of the daemons saw the black figure, but Lilith did. And as it disappeared into the night, it left behind an opening.

Lilith was not so foolish as to not take advantage of such a massive gap. Firing up her tiny little wings and darted forwards.

"!@#(!Y%$!@JKYGASC897Y98!@~$( y*@$!"

Mirsha shrieved and lashed out with her black flames.

Lilith somersaulted and masterfully dodged her, "You've grown sloppier."

Lilith spun mid air and delivered Mirsha a powerful blow using her tail.

BAM!

The crazed bitch crashed to the ground, she still managed to shriek, but Lilith hammered on her with her plump draconic butt the next second and kept her from getting up.

"Stay down, will you?"

Lilith got up and floated up from the rubbles and then stood on four legs next to the unconscious Mirsha.

Lilith thought about it and then kicked Mirsha on the head multiple times.

No reaction.

"…WoO! I won—Not fair and square— but I won!" Lilith celebrated with a curse under her ragged breath, 'I almost died on that one.'

She looked into the distance and sighed, 'Can't believe I owe that guy something now.'

"Boss!"

Dhampy called, and Lilith buried her pettiness and rushed to her side.

"What is it?" she asked upon arrival.

"He's ready!"

"Really?"

Finally, the night could end, "Then, what are you waiting for?"

"We only need one more thing."

"… what's that?"

"A fresh, strong heart."

"…Okay…" Lilith didn't even question it anymore; she just nodded and started looking around.

But, "Where are we going to get that?" she still had to ask for obvious reasons.

"…" Dhampy gave no reply. Hindsight got to her as well, "I stole my dying prey's heart to survive when I did it… I did not think this through—"

At that time, Dhampy ordered the others to go and kill the next daemon they saw quickly.

'Back to square one… should I go to the city and kidnap someone? No, too far away… and she said with a strong heart… so, it might not be—wait a minute… I know how to get a heart.'

'Letza, I need a Loan for a Dragon's Heart!'

 

Thanks for reading!!

23