137. The Great Protector Luceer
373 5 27
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

'Letza, I need a Loan for a Dragon's Heart!'

A loan, something Lilith didn't want to do because of the steep interest. But, her account recently hit rock bottom after leaving a show to be remembered for ages.

'I need to grind a lot after this.' Lilith could tell that what was about to come was a never ending grind.

…or so it should be. But, something unexpected transpired.

The Dragon Heart did not appear.

'…where is that loan, Letza? I know a Dragon's Heart costs only 2,000,000 SP. I'm still at the limit. I know I can make a loan.' Lilith watched the dying Wechuge and felt her heart rate jump significantly.

If she was to fail in procuring the necessary material, then all her hard work would be reduced to nothing. Such wasted effort was not something Lilith appreciated, 'Letza! I need the Dragon's Heart! If I can't get it, then everything is going to fall apart! Don't you want me to succeed!? What the hell is this sabotage!? GIVE ME THE DRAGON HEART, Goddammit!'

Slowly, Lilith was inching towards rebelling.

[System: Request Rejected.] The System, or whoever it was that was watching over, decided to reject Lilith's request in the most crucial times… it did not go over to the tiny boss.

'Huh? Rejected?  The fuck did you just say!? Look here you piece of sh—'

"Everyone! Hurry, we don't have much time!" Dhampy's shout stopped Lilith from going into ranting and lecturing the Celestial Beings

'Dammit, dammit, dammit, dammit… you cock sucking shit bag of a useless Goddess when I get a new reward, I'll tear you a fucking gaping new one. After all I've done you're going to screw me over? Is that how we're doing it now? Backstabbing? Well, I have news for you, I will tell everyone you have moldy feet if you don't give me the Dragon Heart!!'

[System: Don't threaten the Goddess, she has done nothing wrong, The Goddess is Kind, Strong and smells very good, als—]

'Gotcha!'

[System: Wah! Yo-you tricked me! I mean, I am System… your virtual assistant.]

The System quickly tried backpedalling. But, Lilith had already caught onto its lies.

'I fucking knew you weren't Letza or Alpha! Who the fuck are you, and where is my goddamn Dragon's Heart!?'

[System: …I am an ordinary Seraph… I know nothing. Please spare me oh-so-kind and adorable Apostle.]

The System changed its approach.

'Like hell you are! Other than Letza, there are only so few who can do this. And I know who you are. Don't wait and force me to do something you're going to regret. Stop playing and give me the Dragon's Heart!'

[System: …I don't know what... you are talking about... I am just an ordinary Seraph.]

'You're really going to play with me? Fine—- [Conversation with a High Seraph (Voice Only)] — Activate —'

[System: Oh nyo… don't! You're only going to waste it on me! Override! Reject access to the—noooo!]

[System Notice: What is the Name of the High Seraph do you want to talk to?]

The same panels appeared. But one had one particularly different agenda than the other.

[System: Wa-wait, let's talk about this—wait, no, let's not talk.]

'I want to talk to High-Seraph Luceer.' When Lilith's voice fell, she witnessed the night sky split, and a light came down upon her covering her body and taking her mind someplace else. Or so it felt like it. But, her  location did not change. Lilith was still on Earth, with the only difference that everything was stripped of its color.

None of the daemons or chaos were in sight. Only Lilith standing where she previously was with a small panel next to her, [Spirit Capacity: 478 –> 477 –> 476…] it was a timer of some kind.

"What the hell?" The gray world was filled with her voice's echo.

"He…hello?"

A voice echoed in Lilith's head similar to her Mind Link. It was a small voice, almost imperceptible if not for the absolute silence, "Is this Luceer?" Lilith asked.

"Ye…yes? This is… Luceer… ho–how can I help you?" a quivering voice from the world beyond answered.

"I'm… good, thanks for asking. How about you?"

"I-I-I am good as well." The weak Luceer answered.

"I see… good to know. AH! Wait—" Lilith realized the sudden shift of the atmosphere.

'Did she infect me with her energy?' The fear in Luceer's voice could not be hidden and even Lilith was taken aback, 'Is this one of her powers?'

Alpha already explained that Hell spoken in Legends and Myths was a far-cry. And that Luceer was actually a shy High-Seraph. But Lilith did not think it would be up to this level.

She even felt bad for the Celestial Being, 'Why does it feel like I'm bullying her? Well, I was shouting at her earlier. But… was I that bad? No! Lilith! Get your head in the game! This must be a ploy! Do not let them get in your head! Remember your goal.'

She steeled her resolve. That she would not be swayed by her pitiful voice.

"Just… give me what I want, or suffer intimate curses and my complaints to Letza, who will bring down upon her hammer of justice to avenge this hardworking Apostle of hers." Lilith probed with her tones rising from anger and irritation.

She encountered many people with the same tone in the past, 'Now, we wait.'

"Wait, what? Yo… you can't do that!"

'Fucking got you!' Lilith celebrated; she could already tell what was going on. That familiar tone shifts, the erratic words, was similar to the many she encountered in the past.

Lilith didn't want to do it, but… if it was the only way, then she couldn't do anything about it, "Look here, you little shit."

"Listening…" a very obedient voice answered.

"...The rules state that I can get a loan, and though it is not specifically mentioned how much I can borrow, I already got a total of 2,000,000 SP worth in the past. Now, I want a Dragon Heart. I will not allow this to come to pass. Aren't you the Administrator of this Cosmos? Then you are especially not beyond the rules of reality."

"That's… um!"

Luceer gritted her teeth from the other side of the dimension. She was groaning in frustration, and Lilith was smiling, 'Sorry kid, but I need that heart—'

She may find it amusing, but Lilith didn't revel in bullying someone like Luceer. However, it must be done, "Just give it to me already. We don't need to fight and make this into an unpleasant experience—"

"I… I will… I will not give you the Dragon Heart!!"

"What!?" Lilith did not expect the introverted Satan to go against her wishes after all the pressure she postured, "Dammit, woman, just give it to me while I'm still being good here!"

"N-NO!!"

Luceer finally shouted in a fit of anger.

"I will not hand over the Dragon's Heart just so it can save a Mortal, much less a human! The Dragons' name had been tarnished already, and I will not allow it to be destroyed even more. I will protect the Legacy my sister left behind!"

Ruling over the skies, Dragons are Kingly creatures of the stretching cosmos. They go wherever they please and treat it as theirs without anyone capable of questioning their rights. The Dragons were prideful creatures that ruled because they decided to rule, not because others made it a God. No, Dragon's rule because they were created with the Ancestors. They are one of the closest beings to their birth. A lasting power that does not dilute when birthing another.

The Dragons stand with those at the apex of existence. Then, how is it that Dragons, these creatures who obliterated those that question its birthright, had its name dragged to an ignoble existence that only serves to elevate the reputations of no-name Mortals?

They who were once feared were now relegated to creatures to either establish a person's legend or a being of untold knowledge and wisdom that guides Heroes. An underwhelming proof of existence, something lost in the translation of the countless eons that had passed. If you heard of Dragons through these tales and epics alone, then the only thing that would appear in one's mind would be the Hero that slew the Dragon, and the beast would become a decoration next to their names.

"Yo-you Mortals already tarnished their names by making stories and epics demeaning their existence. Just because it is the only way you Mortals and Daemons can handle Sister's creation does not make it better. I will not allow you to get one of the few Hearts. I am Luceer! The Ruler of Hell and Soul, the Progenitor of Innovation, the Administrator of the Cosmos, the bearer of all knowledge, and I will not allow you, Mortals, to desecrate what she left behind another time!"

The Dragon's Heart, a treasure kept sacred by almost every single existence, and Lilith dared to ask for it without any consequences, "You can take anything else, but I will not allow a creature of such caliber to be used for something so useless! My beloved Sister left behind it and I will protect it as her proxy as I control the Matrix of Life! You can take anything from our Dimension but not something of value like the Dragon Heart! "

"Okay, that works too," Lilith answered quickly.

"The Qilin and the—wait, that works?"

"Hmm? Why not? I just need a good heart that can house a Black Spirit. Give me a heart that has a frozen Attribute, and we can call it a day." Lilith really had no time to argue with Luceer.

"Re-really?"

"Yeah, why not. I'm not an unreasonable person. If you're not willing but want to make a compromise, then I am all for it. In fact, if you decide to not charge me for anything, I will not make a fuss about the whole matter and even promise to not purchase one when I can… unless I really need it for my own sake."

"Really!?! Yes, I will gladly do it!" Luceer accepted the transaction and bestowed upon Lilith a beating blue heart.

"Then it is a deal." Lilith didn't want to push further; she already got the opening she needed, and through Luceer's own words, another window appeared for her to take.

[Tundral King Troll's Heart (Legendary)]

Lilith already antagonized Luceer far enough; she didn't want to push it anymore and bring her to a breaking point, 'And I won't even get charged for this. That's a win in my books.'

"…This is all that I need, so if you can..."

"Oh, yes, with pleasure."

Another burst of golden light and Lilith was brought back to Earth, where the heart of the Tundral King Troll's Heart was handed to Dhampy.

Lilith watched Dhampy implant the heart, and though her reaction should be that of amazement, she was in a daze, unsure of what just happened, '…I got something that easily? From the one called the Bearer of All Knowledge?'

[Rewards]

[] 5,000,000 SP -> 7,000,000 SP

[] Bloodline Crystal — (Legend +7) — (Ogre, Dragon, Persian, Dwarf, Ursa,… etc)

[] Mana Eminence Gem — (Legend +1) — (10 seconds)

What followed was the confirmation of her Chain Quest's rewards. She had gained so much in one maneuver.

The operation was a success and Lilith watched Mirsha bowing before her, showing her appreciation as well as asking to be punished for causing so much trouble.

She had gained two new followers with a significantly deep pool of potential, but a bitter taste lingered in her mouth. Even after gaining so much, Lilith uncharacteristically hardly cared.

Her thoughts still swimming in her own doubt.

'Hmmm, did I just settle for something less than I demanded? Me? Did her weak and stuttering opener and switch to her adamant tone in the middle of that whole thing make me feel like I was winning and was given the Troll's Heart as a consolation? And because of the pressing time… did I promise not to get a Dragon's Heart? Wait a minute… was I possibly duped?'

Lilith didn't know, and even before she snapped out of her thoughts, she only received the notification.

To Lilith, she could feel someone was laughing, watching her. In Hell someone was crying under a fortress of blankets after being confronted, "I—I protected the Heart…." a crying Luceer cheered.

Thanks for reading :)

That is Luceer, virtually Satan of this world.

27