142. The Same Bird
277 1 12
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

A month after the Flood, many things saw change. Sector 24 was already recovering thanks to the help of the Government and the Hunters, as well as the increased media coverage that rose over the course of two weeks.

Generous people and companies with scandals gave a hefty donation to those in need.

All of them came pouring like rain because more and more articles kept slipping from the wall Sector 24 erected.

At first, it reached those skulking about down in the deep underbelly of the World Network, then it reached social media, and after two weeks, it arrived at the foot of the world media. Hand delivered by curious lurkers and gossip mongers.

In a dark room filled with neon lights was a 25 or so year old man watching videos of a little horned girl being assisted by a hulking Ogre.

"I am not going to lie; this scene with the little daemon being helped is cute and wholesome. Though I am not really sure what this daemon is and the context for this video—what was that Chat? Oh, she has a name? Lilith? Priestess Lilith… huh… and, she apparently serves some Goddess named Letza. Wait, is this from an old movie or something? Because I swear to God I know this plot. Is it a trailer? No? Wait, I just read something about this being from the day of the Monkey Incident? Huh, even after a month, I still can't believe a daemon went to save a Sector. I thought it was just some kind of hoax. So it really was real? Well, Chat, I am not really that well versed in this incident, and it's been a month since the actual thing happened, right? Which makes these pieces of information and videos a little sketchy."

"Wait… someone sent a link about the situation on the Sector; let me read the preview for a second… hmm… so the Government fled… daemon overrun… left to die—wait, is this legit? Hold up, I need to read the whole article."

The man clicked a jumbled word and was brought to another site.

"It is a [Bubble Thought] post, and it is by… @RavenCross. Oh, if it's Raven Cross, this is legit then. If you don't know, Raven Cross lives in Sector 24; I met him at the Beast Convention three years ago. He's a massive fan of the Gallantions, a little weird, but a good guy. Wait, there's a new post—

=Apostle Lilith, going around the Sector, helping the rescuers find survivors. She arrived with other daemons, protecting the people with the Hero of the Scorching Forest, Mirsha. At first, everyone noticed how weird it was that she acted like she already knew her, but from the conference held two weeks back, it appears the reason why Hunter Mirsha survived the Scorching Forest and managed to defeat the Imps was through the help of the daemons and the Apostle, or rather, the Priestess of the Goddess Letza.=.

This man was a streamer whose main content was reacting to what's happening all around the world. The streamer watched the whole thing, his smiling face now changed to that of seriousness. He looked straight in the camera, disbelief on his face.

"So you're telling me that the Government who promised to protect the Sector ran away, and now a little daemon had to step in and save them… that's messed up. The Flood of Sector 24 happened a month ago, and didn't the Sector Leader say he was away when this happened? Is it possible that the Government is trying to cover things up? Wait, there's more... videos of the Priestess helping and healing the injured! Oh shit, there's even one how the Airships took off before the others could board! Yooooo, this is messed up."

PolNation47: Apostle Loli Let's GOOOOOOOOOOOO! lololololol

AbsoluteOne: Holy shit that's messed up.

ChegiTL: And this is why I tell my friends that politicians are absolute horseshit's when they say they want to help. I literally said to them that if push comes to shove, they'll save themselves.

LightVader: Pray to the Goddess

OliviaID: That's messed up! As always, when you need them, the Government abandons you and leaves you to die. Where there is only one thing to do now, I suppose, Pray to the Cuteness! Pray to Apostle Loli.

GonetoHell: Pray to the Goddess, PS. That daemon is hella cute! I almost reawakened diabetes!

CalamitYLoveR: Hey, Pollux, when will you resume playing Civilization 74X? Overlord Gandhi has been updated and can use the Death Planet now.

travellerPower: Come check my stream @TravellerPower.Lapsel.com — PS. Doing a boob reveal.

Lavadare: Pray to the Goddess, PS. What Goddess are we praying to again? Goddess of Cuteness?

"HAHAHAHAH~ Dammit, I love Luke's reaction to everything. I've waited for these for weeks, and because of that useless cover-up, I'm only seeing it now, shit." A young man's laughter echoed as he saw the sincerity in the streamer's face mixed with the Chat's comments, "To think Penta's problems is so hilarious! This is why I told them to comb through the Government! already! Hahaha!"

But he did not laugh simply because of the streamer's reaction. But because he was also reading through

"This guy has pretty useless people under him. Usually, the cover-up would last at least five months. So we can fetter the flames.  But this didn't hold up for three weeks. I guess the Sector Leader was too incompetent. Sigh* I wonder, who will be sent to clean them?" the young man wondered as he cleaned his handgun's muzzle, "But still, this level of uncontrollable variable was unseen."

The last thirty-two hours of the dumpster fire that ravaged the entire World had been one grand reminder of what not to do.

"They warned him that hiding it would be far too hard with the Network being too big, but no, he just had to try and clear his name. Why can't they just give up the power? So selfish and annoying. Clinging to power like that.  It's not like you can earn much from leading a Sector anyway; he's still doing underworld transactions with his weapons." The young man could not help sigh at the stupidity of these people who sat at the top, "I wonder, why did the Council even allow someone like that guy to rule?"

It was a complete mystery.

Bzzt~

The young man's HNP vibrated, "Yellow? Axis speaking, I am broke so please do not borrow money. I… um… broke a leg so I can't go out. Now, how can I help you?" he carefreely lied..

"Lesser Earth, are you using your pre-designated HNPs for personal communication?" a lady's cold voice was heard from the other side.

"That prickliness. Ah! Stell—"

~ Don't call me by that name, Lesser Earth. Have respect. Use the official titles as you should.~

"Fine, fine, but in my defense, it had only been, what? Six months since I took the throne? Unlike you, I'm still new; cut me slack, okay?" Axis, or rather the Lesser Earth, declared.

~If that is the case, why not show some respect to your senior?~ Lesser Heaven argued.

"Nah, I took the throne to disregard the seniority thing, oh, and to receive training for Master Earth. Nothing else. Also, just tell me what you want; I was watching an excellent compilation of stupidity just now. Stop wasting my time."

~ I'll get to the point. Lesser Hell just informed me about a massive energy surge from the East.~

"So? Weird things have been happening over in the East. It might be because the S-Rank Dungeon Gate is about to break. Wait, speaking of the East, did you see that cute Daemon Priestess? She was so cute; wait, I'll send you the link. You're going to love her. She's captivating the hearts of the citizens over at Stronghold 3 while the Leader of Sector 24 is being sent death threats. It's anarchy over there right now hahaha. I hope she runs for the Government. I'll rig the election for her." He says with such a big smile on his face.

Lesser Heaven sighed ~No, it's not that. As I said, we're talking about a massive surge of energy, not popularity. We don't meddle with public and international relations. At least not this time.~

"It's not? But that's the only interesting thing happening there. Is it really the S Rank Gate, then? If that's the case, just take care of it already. Get Penta to do it?"

~They cannot. No one strong enough is available. The other members of the Seven Stars also have different missions given directly by the Council. We are the only ones available.~

"Really? How about Kristina's replacement? They got rid of her, that must mean they had someone to take her place, right?"

~Watch your words, Lesser Earth.~ The Lesser Heaven warned at Lesser Earth's blasphemous words, ~The Council did no such thing. Kristina pushed her Devil down and was ready to slay the Vampire Lord. It was a test to see the effectiveness of the Devil Contacts. No one could've foreseen Kristina's death.~

Lesser Earth snorted at her answer, "Yeah, like sending a severely under-leveled Agent against a Top-Tier Cataclysm Daemon, and then the former dying was really surprising. What's surprising is she actually killed the thing. I just hope I am not tasked with dealing a Cataclysm on my own to test my stren—"

~LESSER EARTH!~

Lesser Earth jumped back out of fright. Even from a call, Lesser Earth was momentarily scared of Lesser Heaven's Wrath, 'I really pushed her buttons this time.'

~After we deal with the matter at hand, we can discuss the issue about Kristina and her replacement. We will hold the replacement tests as fast as possible. Is that okay with you?~

"Forget it. I was just finding something to talk about anyway."

~Good, regarding the incident of Sector 24, we've been ordered to keep our hands off the topic for the time being until further instruction. We're also not going to deal with a Dungeon. We'll only go to Area-8X we're going to conduct a second investigation.~

"You mean that place? But the Forest of Beasts is already destroyed in that botched Raid." Lesser Earth wasn't following Lesser Heaven. Then, he remembered something that he was told several months back, "Wait, you mean investigate that thing? But we confirmed that there were no remaints in the Vampire Lord's residence. We already secured Kristina's HNP and her tools. Even the body of the Vampire Lord is being preserved."

~There may be a possible connection. But, what our intentions are to seek out what the previous Third Hunter President left to risk angering the Council. From a recovered book, seized from the former Hunter President, at the center of the Forest of Beast is a creature called the Phoenix of the Blue Son.

Lesser Earth got up from the couch, "Phoenix of the Blue Son!? You don't mean that thing from the dawn, right!?"

~That is what we believe. There's a big possibility it is the same Phoenix that heralded the dawn of the Era. ~

"Hoooh? Sounds very interesting. Count me in."

~Do you even understand what's happening, Lesser Earth?~

"Of course, my dear Lesser Heaven, I do." Lesser Earth smiled wide, "Another Cataclysm is upon us."

 

12