145. You bite me? I bite you back, bitch!
280 0 15
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Sector 24 — Lagoon Hotel [Five Star Review on Kelp]

Inside the most expensive suite Sector 24 had to offer, a little three-headed pupper and a horned girl its size faced each other, alone in a room.

Lilith sent Dhampy to the rooftop garden outside and watched the perimeter while Sylva and Mirsha were out with Lucia undergoing the trial. As for Eve and the Shadow Troops, Lilith sent them to gather intelligence and listen and observe how humans lived..

However, all of these were just for appearances. Lilith just didn't want others to see Cerberus talking, and she wanted to be alone for a while, so she concocted the scenario.

In truth, nothing really worried Lilith. After all, could anything really beat the cannon in outer space in terms of a problem? Not to mention, the level ceiling of the surrounding territory had already been met.

Sector 24 was surrounded by low-level Dungeons and the daemons that could pose a threat would hide in the face of her Army. She had nothing to fear.

If there was danger, Lilith could just send either Dhampy or Chief to take care of any "problem" in the Central Plains… or so she had thought.

As she talked to the dog, Lilith's expression froze. Her eyes twitched as she tried to process the information she had been given.

Lilith cleaned her ears with her fingers, cleared her thoughts, and opened her mouth to breathe more to oxygenate her brain before asking Cerberus, "Repeat what you just said?"

"Okay? Didn't think I was talking unclearly this time. I think a Fallen God is about to awaken. This place is doomed, so we should abandon this planet and go look for another one. Please create an Ark to carry your forces." Cerberus repeated for the third time.

"I see, I see, and you've been sensing this for how long now again?" asked Lilith with a smile on her face.

"A week. No, maybe more. I had a tingle when I ate that darkness and it enhanced my senses for a few seconds.  I've had hunches but only cleared all the Dungeons over the North of that Mountain Valley and hit LVL 200 did I sense it clearly. You can see my status; I just regained my [Divine Sense] seven hours ago. Anyway, we should leave this world and search for a different world." warned Cerberus with the best of intentions.

Lilith laughed, "Oh, go to a different world, huh? That makes total sense. If this one is going to be destroyed, then why not just move on to the next one, right? Hahahaha~"

"Yes! That's right. And I would like to suggest to pick an undeveloped world to spread your knowledge and religion upon the—"

"Like hell we can just leave!! Do you think I can abandon this world now!" Lilith chopped Cerberus's middle head and only got her hands hurting, "Dammit, your defense stat is too high!" she complained while rubbing her dainty hands and going to chop Cerberus' head multiple times.

"Stupid, lazy, idiot, Stupid, lazy, idiot, Stupid, lazy, idiot, Stupid, lazy, idiot, Stupid, lazy, idiot, Stupid, lazy, idiot."

Cerberus just let the chop go and just looked at the fool he's supposed to treat as Master with confused and pitying eyes. But the little pup scoffed and snarled at Lilith, "What do you mean you can't leave this world? You have that girl, the golden haired girl who can manipulate space. Though I admit she's sloppy, it can be bypassed; I know you can purchase equipment that has been lost in time. My previous Master's Bident was cast into the abyss, so I know it's in the Store. We can use its ability to manipulate space with that new Sylva's so we can get the hell out of here!"

"I…deep breathes, Lilith. Deep breaths. You both do not live in the same world or in the same scope or reality. Let it go for now." Lilith tried her best to keep herself calm,  'Alpha, what is a Bident? Is that some kind of special bidet I don't know?'

Even asking for some things she did not ca re about.

[Wait, I don't know either let me… just… search for… oh, it's a two-pronged spear. From what I can gather, it appears that the Bident is the preferred weapon of the deceased God of the Underworld, Hades. And I just checked… it seems this Bident really is in the Store.

[Pluton: the personal weapon of the underworld personally crafted by the King using the heart of Hell as the furnace. It could command souls and tear open reality.]

'But, didn't the Underworld fall? From what you said, Hades was killed by Zeus and the other Gods, so how can it be that Hades' weapon can be bought?'

[Hm? I don't know. I'm your helper, not a High-Seraph. Also, I'm new to this as you are new to being a daemon. I was just a newbie when they sent me down here. You better be thankful that I am gifted in traversing the Matrix to get you and your followers the best evolution.]

'Yeah, yeah, thank you, your majesty, now, tell me how much is Hades' weapon?'

[Hades' Soul Binder costs 100,000,000,000SP]

Lilith's eyes almost rolled back, hearing the numbers, '100,000,000,000 SP?'

[Oh, that's me haggling it down. It was actually 200,000,000,000 SP. Pretty good, right? That's a solid fifty percent discount right there!]

'Oh yeah? Well, that doesn't matter because we don't have a lick of such an amount!'

[Hey, what can I say? A former God's weapon is expensive, especially for a God at the level of Hades — or so the sales pitch goes. But in reality, I don't really know much about Gods and Divinity. And this one is on the low side; you should see this God of Darkness Staff meant for Dark Mages; it's in the trillions.]

Hades was the God of the Underworld. He was a part of a Pantheon so strong they managed to slip their entire Myth into different civilizations and left their mark even after its fall. The Greek Myth, The Atreus, the Fifth Pantheon, all of these were just some of the names they received from different cultures across the countless worlds that they visited.

Of course, the translation of different Myths and Religions were different. Like on Earth, Zeus could also be interpreted as Jupiter. There are a few differences in each iteration.

However, despite the different names, lore, and myths, one thing remained certain — Gods were strong, and their weapons were not something to be laughed at either.

Thus, the absurdity of the price.

"I don't know what kind of Fallen God is ascending to take up form, but even after rebuking laws and being abandoned by Divinity, they are stronger than your normal Myth-Class Daemon. After waking up, they bypass the range of Myth and enter Cataclysm, capable of wreaking havoc in Continents, but considering how small this world is, a single Cataclysm-tier will be able to rule this place, if you want to face someone like that, then I implore you to stay in this lump of rock," added Cerberus.

"Wait, wait, wait, Cataclysm-Tier!? The hell is that monster!?"

"… don't tell me you don't know that there are beings beyond Cataclysm-Class? What about the True Stage? The Limit Break? Legend Carving? How about Myth Ascension!? Oh my… what the hell are the Absolute One and the Seraphs teaching you? How can they send their Priestess from Eden without any knowledge? And they expect to correct the course of the Universe this way?"

Cerberus went on and on, but Lilith could only look at him with fear and confusion in her eyes, "Teach? Sent from Eden? What are you talking about?"

"You really have no idea? Look, the—" Cerberus suddenly stopped talking as his eyes darted, "Anyway—"

"Wait, wait, wait, wait another goddamn minute, you can't just gloss over that kind of detail like it was nothing. What's Eden? What kind of bullshit is this? Was I supposed to go to an Academy before this? I have so many questionsssssss~" Grabbing Cerberus' middle head, Lilith placed it on a headlock and tightened her hold, "Tell me what you knowww~ I don't want to die when things are going well. This has happened far too many times!"

"Ah, you bitch, those hurts! Stop that!" All of a sudden, Cerberu cursed at Lilith soon after knowing her real position.

"If you want me to let go, then you better tell me what's happening, you bastard! Don't cuck me you three headed bastard!!" Lilith wanted the information. Information and manipulation of the situation as the only thing keeping her alive, "If I don't know something, then that means there's a hole in my plans, and that means we're all gonna get fucked in the ass by uncertainty!"

"I can't tell you about them. It was a slip-up on my part! Let me go, you little piece of shit—not the ears! You know what, fuck you!" C

Cerberus finally hit his last straw and opened his mouth wide.

Grrr~

"OW! You dare bite me? I'll bite you back, bitch!"

Unlike many of her followers, Cerberus is the only one who knows about the truth regarding Lilith. He knew more about Lilith than most and liked her more because of her decisive and insidious personality… Thus, Cerberus decided to retaliate and bit Lilith's leg.

Lilith, the Priestess, yelped in pain and, in retaliation, bit Cerberus back, and he growled in annoyance. The two were about the same size, and a fight that had lost all meaning lasted for twenty minutes and tired themselves out.

"You going to tell me what… the hell this Eden shit is and other things you… know?"

"No."

"Fuck you, Cerberus."

Cerberus smirked, hearing Lilith before laughing like a maniac.

"The hell are you laughing at?" Lilith's teeth chattered; she was ready to go anytime.

"Nothing just remembered something from the past." Cerberus slowly got up and just sat next to Lilith, "Anyway, I can't tell you about them now. There's a reason why you have a System; there's a process to these things. First, we need to worry about getting out of this heap of rock. Sylva is still being optimized, right? So, we can use this window to make her teleport everyone out of this world."

Lilith could only sigh at his claims,  "Yes, and that's what I wanted to talk about as well; Sylva is both being nerfed and optimized. She cannot teleport long distances without feeling tired and nauseous. If my hunch is correct, the longer the distance she travels, the harder it becomes. The heavier the toll on her body becomes. If she brings the whole village, then she'll die. Not to mention an ArK?" Lilith argued as she settled herself after the fight.

"Then get your hands on my previous Master's Weapon, if we can tap into its power, then we'd be able to—"

"Hades' Bident is too expensive for me to buy. Even if I spend ten years in this place trying to gather as much SP I can, I will still come up short. And I made a deal that if I can't conquer this stronghold… Then, I'll die. So, I can't leave this world either."

"…then, are you telling me we wait for the Fallen God to awaken and Die?" Cerberus did not like the idea one bit.

Lilith didn't like the sound of that either, "I know, I know. Let me think for a second… hmm, wait a minute, I have an idea."

"And that is?"

"We'll set off a bomb."

Cerberus' brows twitched, "Look, Priestess, I may be talking about a Fallen God here. It might not have a quarter of its original strength, but a God is a God. If it's a God of Peace and Tranquility, it might be defeated, but that's like, one in a thousand kind of chance. Look, bombs will not be enough to slay a god. The bomb will only make it angrier… I know it will. Besides, killing a Fallen God while in this state is suicide for more reasons than one! "

Cerberus spoke in a severe tone but laughed after remembering one particular memory.

But Lilith shook her head in response, "What? No, I'm not going to use explosives against a God. I won't even use a bomb against Godzilla. Do you think I'm that stupid?"

[Based on your track record, he might think you are stupid.]

'Shut up, Alpha.'

Lilith confirmed that Cerberus didn't and just smirked, "There are different kinds of bombs."

Lilith brought out her HNP. She searched her phone and dialed the number that held the detonator to of the bomb.Taking a deep breath, Lilith had to prepare herself mentally less she vomits her insides.

After a minute of sweating, Lilith was finally ready, "Sister Mirsha? Hewwo, it'sh Lilith. Can you pwease do me a favor?"

Thank wu for th--I don't know uwu, thanks for reading though.

15