148. Hook, Line, Sinker
241 1 14
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Those present, those watching from the comfort of their homes, from their WNPs and HNPs in the bathroom, were all left both stupefied and terrified at the implications of her actions.

"Wa-wait a minute, where is she going? Is she really just going to leave? just like that?" a man watching from her phone suddenly raised his voice in a panic.

"Hey! Someone, you fuckers stop her!"

"Fucking dammit, why did they allow these lunatics anywhere near that little girl? This is why humans are seen as violent!" an old woman tapped the tv she was watching on, "To make such a little daemon cry, what are you savages?"

As the people watch the Priestess who only wanted to offer her hand to the humans.

The Media, once, were respected. They uncovered the truth and posted it for the ignorant to be enlightened. However, throughout history, only a few people have done it out of a passion for the betterment of society.

The majority of those knee-deep in journalism would rather chase after what they would see, not caring what they would need to do or if the story they publish would ruin someone's life. It didn't matter if the mistake or the "scandal" was from years back, or sometimes even if it was real.

The Media had long been painted with a dirty image; alas, they remained a relevant occupation. Uncovering stories that would otherwise be left unknown.

They gathered information about scandals of hunters and celebrities, deaths that shouldn't have been announced yet, and so many more.

In a society where secrets were held closer than ever before, these people were seen as relevant still. They were fearless, uncaring for their targets, and pushed forth to get the latest news as fast as possible. Some even considered them heartless and hid behind their keyboards and camera lenses.

They cared little about how their words would have an effect on someone. They would drag others down to the depths of hell for their own sick and demented desires for recognition and money — however, when it came to their own lives, no one would want to take the gamble.

And right in front of them, the daemon that held the information about the dangers no one had learned before just announced she would leave. She was the key to unlocking what hides underneath their eyes. The truth about a daemon that may prove to be their end. Not only that, she didn't even give them anything to work with and only hoped for them the best.

To others, the only thing they heard from Lilith was, "Good luck surviving without my information."

Slowly, across the cumulative number of people watching present or otherwise all resonated one thing—stop them!

"Priestess Lilith! Wait, please don't leave!" Ma-Po was the first to raise his voice and called out to the three daemons walking towards the doors, "You don't have to leave, this is just a giant misunderstanding."

Lilith had Sylva and Dhampy to stop on their tracks. She looked back at everyone, with doubt in her eyes.

"Were-weren't you all angry at us? If the majority is mad at us, it would be best to detach ourselves from human society. If we push it too much, then many more will rally against us. We do not want to hurt anyone… not everyone is guilty." She pitied those who would get hurt without reason.

"W-We weren't angry at you or the other daemons; in fact, according to the recent polls, the idea of coexistence with daemons is out of 10 people, 7 to 3 approve of daemon presence. If anything, people had been pushing the idea of interspecies relations for years." one of the reporters suddenly got up and inserted one factoid.

"That's right, that's right, and many researchers across the world have shown their desire to live hand in hand and are trying to push forward the idea of coexistence and end the cycle of violence." another stood up from her seat. Sweat rolling down her face.

"The Priestess' contribution to saving our Sector has been duly noted by the citizens across the world. In fact, the question of what religion the Goddess Letza is a part of."

"Yes, that's right, that's right. And in a recent poll held by BB Network, many people from different Sectors expressed their desire to be visited by the Priestess. So, please, believe us when we say we won't hunt or hurt the Priestess."

Those previously trying to make Lilith look back praised the Priestess instead without a moment's notice. Lilith had Dhampy stop and peeked from the corner, "Then… What about her? Is she still angry?"

Lilith pointed at the blonde reporter and in an instant, everyone's eyes turned to her.

The blond woman felt the camera crew and the other reporters' attention locked on her; for the first time in her life, the limelight was given to her, and all the emotions she was given were anger, irritation, and threats.

"Do it quickly."

"Tsk, this is all your fault."

"Why did you have to say all those things?"

"What the hell are you doing? Go and apologize to the Priestess!"

"Apologize." "Apologize." "Apologize." "Apologize." "Apologize." "Apologize." "Apologize." "Apologize." "Apologize." "Apologize." "Apologize." "Apologize." "Apologize." "Apologize." "Apologize." "Apologize."

Many of the people inside whispered underneath their breath. Mirsha and Ma-Po glared at her from across the room. They uttered no words, but to the woman with the blond hair, it was suffocating and oppressive for her, 'I...I... why are they singling me out? They were also chanting with me—'

Those who agreed with her before now turned against her. In the face of a dangerous possibility, no one would ever think of joining her. Or even raise a word to protect her. That what she said had merit.

The woman thought she would die; the longer they waited for an apology from the woman, the redder their eyes became. She lowered her head in shame, on the verge of tears from slowly breaking down from the pressure around her.

But even if she cried, no one would not show her pity as they did to the Priestess. Why would they? She was the one who almost got their only source of information to leave.

She was the reason why the brave little Priestess shed tears.

Why a dainty being became scared of humans.

'That's right, it's all her fault this is happening. That daemon… she's the reason why they are—' the woman was eager to push the blame. She did not want to apologize, and was going to lash out when a shadow cast upon her.

"Do-don't hunt her!"

The reporter heard a voice, a tiny and charming voice. She lifted her head, and against a tsunami of hatred, the Priestess she tried to vilify now stood in front of her with outstretched arms… shaking from fear.

At first, the reporter was confused, and then enlightenment came like she was struck by lightning.

'Is she… trying to protect me?'

The woman's name was Alice, she was a reporter and a journalist and worked as one for the past 23 years.

In the past, she wasn't as greedy for information as this. She wasn't one to intentionally force the person of interest to a wall, to put words into their mouth. In the past, she was mellower, her eyes brighter, hoping to change the world for the better by giving light to the danger that dwells in the dark.

However, she would later learn that the world of journalism was not a place for idealism, but a dog-eat-dog world, where information was scarce, and many became hungry. They were hated by the people, the people of interest, and they were hated by their rivals who wanted the same thing as them.

Thus, Alice changed her environment until she became who she was now.

A vile woman, the same kind of person she hated in the past.

Yet, as the tiny frame of the daemon stood in front of her to face the shower of hate and anger, Alice felt warm and even content, a feeling that had become foreign to her.

And in that moment… the reporter realized that maybe… the daemon really just wanted to offer the world her little hand to make it just a little better for everyone.

The little Priestess slowly turned around to her, and instead of anger, Lilith showed her a tearful smile, one meant to comfort her.

Alice, at that moment, fell to her knees, her eyes wet with tears, "Please… Priestess Lilith… forgive me… I was wrong… I didn't mean to scare you… can you forgive me?"

"Of course." Lilith responded with the warmest of her smiles.

Alice… could not help but think to herself, 'How divine.'

Thanks for reading :)
Break them down and make yourself the lifeline they need, that's how you get someone to follow you, also, please be careful of cults

14