Ch 50 – About naivety
3.6k 10 96
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

<< Looks like you failed again. >>

 

"It's not the time for that!"

 

<< But it didn't work. >>

 

I know it didn't work! I have eyes!

 

<< Still... What are you gonna do? >>

 

We still have the main set of goblins, they have to make do.

 

<< I doubt it... >>

 

I know! I need to delay them until I can go back. How long before that?

 

<< 30 minutes >>

 

Shit... Will I make it?

 

<< I don't know... Still... There's those Shaman guys right? >>

 

How long do you expect them to hold that guy off?!

 

<< I hope enough... They are getting dangerously close. >>

 

You think I don't know? What do I do... What do I do...

 

<< First things first, you need to calm the fuck down and think. >>

 

What do you think I'm trying to do?

 

<< Look here! CALM DOWN! >>

 

As I looked up to the image that showed Glory's room, I was greeted by her figure kneeling over her chair. Her kigurumi opened all the way to her crotch while it laid on her shoulders as she leaned backwards. Her image was, to put it plainly, sexy as fuck! What the fuck is she thinking? What the hell is that? Why at a time like this? Fuck I'm hard. 

 

A

 

...

 

...

 

Thanks for the meal... I guess...

 

<< See, I can calm you down easily! >>

 

If it works, it works...

 

Now, what do we do? 

 

<< Why don't you spawn more monsters? >>

 

Rejected. That room is too small. They won't even fit in there with all the goblins. 

 

<< Try the wraith thing again? >>

 

That Garth guy already has [Insanity], there's little they would do, and I seriously doubt Gahan will fall for that.

 

<< Anything without a body? >>

 

YES! You are a genius!

 

<< Hohoho! I surely am! ... Why am I a genius though? >>

 

Ghosts! We can have them possess the Goblins to increase their power! And when they die we can have the Ghosts attack them directly!

 

<< I am a genius aren't I!? >>

 

You can stop that already.

 

<< But it was you who said it! >>

 

Yeah, yeah, let's get this started.

 

---------------------------------

 

"Oi, Kyle... This is getting weird..." Joe suddenly raised himself from the ground, sitting up.

 

"What now, Joe?" Hearing him, Kyle also raised himself, both were supposed to be resting while Gabe roamed around, seeing if there were any monsters.

 

"I don't know... I just felt a chill. I think we need to go back."

 

"Back? What the fuck are you saying? You want us to abandon them inside?"

 

"All I want is to get back home alive!"

 

Halfway through the interchange, the two stood up and stared at each other closely. Less than an inch separated both. At this very time, a third person appeared a little ways away from them, trying to understand what was happening.

 

"The fuck are the two of you doing? You gonna kiss or what?"

 

"Huh!?"

"The hell?"

 

The two instantly turned to the side to see Gabe returning from his patrol.

 

"Gabe! This idiot wants to go back!" Kyle yelled, alerting Gabe that something was really wrong. He knew Joe well enough to know he wouldn't voice that for no reason whatsoever.

 

"Joe?" He was a little confused, but this wasn't the first time something like this had happened in their long years working together. If he said so, there was probably some sort of reason.

 

"Come on, Gabe! I felt a weird chill. I don't wanna stay here." 

 

"... Maybe we should." Gabe thought for a second, before responding.

 

"What!? Are the two of you insane? What do you think is gonna happen when Gahan comes out with the rest and we aren't here?"

 

Gabe and Joe stared at each other silently for an odd minute, thinking about what Kyle just asked. They didn't want to sound superstitious, let alone that they were just thinking of leaving for no reason.

 

"Oi! The hell are the two of you staring at each other? You guys can't possibly think..."

 

"Listen up, kid. We've been in this company for over a decade now. You know why this group is so well respected and praised?" Joe was the one to talk. He'd rather have Gabe do the lecturing, but it was clear he had a soft spot for this kid.

 

"Because of the results it achieved?" Kyle responded with an obvious thought, that was what most newbies and those who joined after the wars thought about this group. But the truth went much further.

 

"Because no matter how many of us died, no matter how bad the battle became, if the order to retreat didn't come, we wouldn't bulge. Do you understand what that means?"

 

"Do you possibly mean..."

 

"If Gahan decides he'll go to the end, no matter how dangerous or impossible this dungeon may seem... They won't be coming back until he says so."

 

"..."

 

"Dungeons can be kilometers long, full of traps and monsters. If that girl somehow knew how to sneak through them unscathed or found a hidden passage, from how determined Gahan was, we could be waiting here for days, even weeks."

 

"..."

 

"And you saw how many goblins there were at that time. What makes you think they won't come back with more to hunt us down?"

 

"..."

 

"I hope you understand now."

 

"I'm sorry... I was too naive."

 

"It's okay, boy. I may be an idiot for some things, but I've lived a lot more than you have. I've gone to The War, I've dove into dungeons to thin monsters out. This is not your usual task. And the mission they assigned us this time is borderline criminal. I've never doubted my intuition in the past, and that saved me and Gabe here from dying countless times. I'm not doubting it now."

 

"Well. Now that you got an earful from him, let's get going already. I don't wanna be anywhere near here when the dusk comes. And there's little time before that." Gabe finally said something, as to end the conversation before it took an unforeseen turn.

 

"Why the dusk especially?"

 

"That's when the strongest monsters roam around their territory searching for invaders. And something tells me those wolves weren't being killed just by Goblins."

 

96