Ch 64 – Completely Unskilled
3.2k 10 78
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"So... what's gonna happen to me?" After bearing the suffocating silence for a while, Mihara asked while following me.

"I... am not sure yet. But there are a couple options we can discuss."

"Really?!"

'Why does she seem so surprised?'

"Yeah, there are three options at least."

"One, you can choose to turn into an undead and roam this dungeon as a monster... I don't like this one though."

"Two, we could try and use potions and Holy Magic to revert the process... But that might kill you."

"Or three, we attempt to turn you into an undead higher into the hierarchy so your will and personality remain intact."

"You mean..."

"A vampire."

"Eh..." Gloria started saying from behind me. "She looks way less startled than I expected."

"If you have any idea of what she went through the last week or so, it's not that surprising..." I tell her, turning around.

"That's not it..." But Mihara rebuked. "Rather... I trust you, so, I know you're gonna do whatever you think is best."

"Eh? What?! You trust him?! Even though he's the one who turned you into an undead in the first place?!"

"Come on, Gloria!"

"I... know he didn't do it on purpose... He did what he thought was best for me."

"Thank you, Mih, for trusting me." I say. "Different from this other woman here."

"Huh!? What do you even mean? I trust you too! In fact, I trusted you so much you nearly killed me! And I'm immortal in the first place!"

"Immortal?" Mihara asked.

"Don't listen to her daydreaming, she can't connect two ideas." I tell Mihara. Gloria was clearly not happy.

"Are you calling me dunb?! I'm a Goddess! A Goddess!"

"See? Just ignore her." I could see Gloria pouting, but one thing is a thing, letting her know she's literally a God is another. Not that anyone would believe her in the first place though.

"So... You can take as long as you want to think."

"I want to remain as a monster."

"What?! What the fuck?!" Gloria nearly yelled in my ear.

"Excuse me?" I say.

"I mean... Doesn't it mean I can stay here with you? If that's the case... I'm willing to-"

"No no-no-no-noo. I don't think you understand..." Gloria started talking over her. "You realize you are going to turn into a ghoul, right?"

"Yeah?"

"And that ghouls eat humans, right?"

"Yeah?"

"And that you will become a random monster that could be killed by intruders, right?"

"I guess so, but couldn't just put me in the core-room?"

Gloria face-palmed.

"Kid, you will become a mindless beast! Is that what you really want?!"

"No, but if I can stay here, and the other option has a chance of dying..."

"Did you even hear the last option?" Gloria yelled at her. The discussion was so amusing I literally stopped and turned around to look at them, the Goblins didn't look to be in a hurry or anything, so this was more important.

"Yeah, but then I'd be a vampire and have to leave, right?"

""Who told you that!?"" Me and Gloria yell at the same time.

"Huh?! So... I can stay?"

"Of course you can." I say, walking towards her and giving her a hug.

"You are one of ours."

As I say this, Mihara hugs me back. Tears start flowing from her eyes.

"I thought you were gonna tell me to go if I wasn't a monster..."

"What in hell made you think that?" I ask. Surprisingly, Gloria is in silence.

"This is a dungeon... And you are somehow related to it... I thought you wouldn't want a human around..."

"But I'm a human..." I said.

"Eh?"

"I mean... Not exactly... I used to be one."

"Hm..."

"Now I'm that cube that weird guy pressed you against."

"Wait, what?!" She grabbed my arm. "Phfew... You're still you..."

"The heck?... No, I'm still that cube, this is just my former body materialized."

"Oh, I see... What about her?"

"I... We don't know yet."

"Whaaat?"

"See... I'm kinda not supposed to be able to come here, but here I am. I think when he materialized his self, he also materialized me..." Gloria explained.

"I see... Sounds rough."

"Oh, not really, it's just that I don't know if I die if this body gets killed..."

"What do you mean with that? You don't die if you get killed?" Mihara was confused, visibly so, but that was pretty much it wasn't it?

"See... My main body is that cube. Even if this body here gets killed, it'll take me a few hours or days, but I can just materialize it again." I explain to her.

"You're immortal?!"

"Not really, no. If the Dungeon Core gets destroyed, I die for good."

"Oh... I see... But what about her?"

"We have no idea..."

"Hmmmm... Is this a kind of skill?"

"I guess, why?"

"Have you checked your status? Maybe there's a skill about it." She asked Glory

"... I didn't check it. I don't know how though..."

"Just think about it and it should work." Mihara told her

"Oh, I see... ... ... IT WORKED! But... there's no such skill or anything... Rather, I don't have any skills..."

""Eh!?""

Sorry for the lack of chapters this week, moving was harder than anticipated and the accident with my foot made it even harder and rushed. I just couldn't keep up. Today is the day, I'm leaving in a handful of minutes for my surgery. Wish me luck. And I hope later today I can come back home and start writing once again. Thanks for the patience and support. See you all later today

78