Ch 67 – An expensive choice
3.7k 7 70
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Nothing important really. Anyhow, can you try to like, take them off? Just put all your—"

*SCREEEEEE*

"What the actual..." I... just... stood there, speechless, as the thick steel shackles cried in agony.

The girl literally grabbed the side of the shackle of her other hand, and slowly pulled it up, tearing and bending the metal which cracked and deformed with a painful sound.

"It came off!!" Mihara happily hopped, grinning from ear to ear, as she held the... shapeless hunk of metal high in front of her.

"It... did." I just—what did you want from me? the fucking metal thing bent and twisted with her using a single hand! I expected her to... I don't know, pry the locking pin open, or crack the hinges, not fucking rip the damn thing off!

*SCREEEEEE*

She, of course, did the same thing with the other hand. Me and Gloria just stood there, speechless. She shared a couple looks while staring at it, but... yeah. Mihara just dropped the two things on the floor, which fell with a loud thud.

"Now this one..." She muttered to herself as she leaned down, facing away from me—iee... Yeah, that's a nice ass. As she leaned forwards, the loose t-shirt slowly rolled up, showing the  gorgeous lingerie and a cute and fluffy tail.

*Click*

"Huh? This one was much easier." She said, surprised. Me and Gloria just stared at her with a strange face... I mean, of course if you force the hinges they are gonna brack much easier than literally ripping the damn thing!?

"What matters is that you're now free, right?"

"Yeah!" She happily reacted to my question, and brought her hands together as she turned to face me.

"Hey! What is this?! You hurt?" Gloria asked, worried. It took me a second to realize what she was talking about even after she grabbed Mih's hands and raised them. That is, I only noticed it after she turned her palms up. There were small red lines slowly rolling down her forearm. Very, very slowly, almost as if her blood was some kind of syrup. The places where the metal had gouged into her flesh as she tore them off.

"Jesus! Are you okay?!" I asked, surprised, getting closer to her.

"Yeah, it doesn't seem to be that bad, I didn't even feel anything..." Mihara shyly said.

"It didn't hurt!? I can stick my finger right into it!" Gloria yelled at her.

"Hey, calm down, don't startle her. Let me see it." I pushed her away, checking it myself. The metal had torn the flesh almost all the way to the bone, how did she not— I noticed it. Her skin, which was pale, was now slowly turning a shade of blue. Ignoring the injury, I turned her hand down. Despite her face showing very little change, the skin under her nails had already started becoming purple. "Gloria," I said, looking straight into her eyes. "We don't have any more time. We gotta do that now."

"Huh!? But it may take some time. We can't do that right now, what about the globins?!"

"Fuck them!" Gloria flinched as I yelled at her, I didn't mean to startle her or anything, and seriously doubt I could even do that in the first place... 'Maybe—Did my intimidation skill activate just now?' I had such a pointless thought, even at a time like this. I should have been more focused. "Sorry, I didn't mean to," I said, as I saw her eyes tear up as she turned around. "but the goblins can wait. She's way more important than those small fries." I said while I scrolled through all the available options we talked about earlier for fixing this.

'No... this one is too expensive, I only have this much, it could either be this one or this one. Which one is better... I can afford both, but this other one is a lot more expensive and they seem to be about the same... No, I shouldn't skimp on this, that's what caused it in the first place. Yeah, this one. I can get more EP later.' My self at the realm overworked himself, using as much of the processing power as possible and picking among all possible options. In the end, he settled on a very expensive vial... It cost almost half as much as all the dungeon development so far. Literally, all EP I had.

"Here, drik." I twisted off the glass lid of the vial. It seemed to be sealed off with some kind of wax, which melted from the heat of my hands when I held it. Then, I handed the small vial to the foxgirl.

"This is the right one, right? The one that'll make me stay with you forever."

"Yes, it's the best I could afford. Trust me."

"Um!" Mihara hurriedly nodded, downing down the whole vial. Bear in mind it was not a small feat. The vial was pretty small, but still almost twice as large as a regular potion. And it's contents were far more... irony. Just from opening it, the strong smell of freshly poured blood invaded my nose. This one had a strange sweetness to it though, almost like a flower's nectar. She spent a couple seconds looking up, while the last few droplets of blood slowly made their way onto her cherry lips.

"Kyahh~... It was delicious, thanks!" She thanked me, grinning. I almost giggled seeing Gloria eek at the small amount of blood dribbling from the color of her mouth. Her lips, now painted crimson from the blood, were endearing, almost as much as her smiling eyes. What caught my attention though, were the perfectly white teeth, and the small fangs.

Fangs? I don't recall there being any...

"Gah—!"

"Mih!? You okay?!" I rushed forward as she knelt on the ground.

"My. Heart—Strong—" She stuttered as she curled forwards gripping her chest. "UHHGG!" She curled even more, holding onto her head.

"Gun!? Is she okay? What did you give her?"

"The best thing there was. Some sort of vampire legend blood. I'll explain more later." I turned back to Mihara, holding her shoulder. "Please don't worry. It's gonna hurt but everything's gonna be fine—Crap!"

"What is it?" Gloria asked me from behind, I could feel her hand on my back, reassuringly.

"They moved. What looks to be their leader is coming to the entrance."

"How do yo— Nevermind it doesn't matter."

"I'll tell you later, I have to go now, please take care of her. The goblins will help you take her to the safehouse," I said, as I ordered the dark goblins to come and help and scraped the last few bits of EP into giving them some sort of stretcher, to carry her back. "she's gonna be in pain for a while."

"Please be careful..." Gloria said as she changed places with me.

"I will." I slowly walked away from the two, pained to leave them in such a situation. But it was necessary.

"GHAAAAAA~!"

As I walked away, I heard a pained scream from behind me. It sounded so inhumane I could barely recognize Mihara's voice. It took all of me to not turn around and go attend to her, but a reassuring voice whispered what I needed in my ears.  

< Named Monster: Mihara's class changed to Dungeon Boss: Mihara. >

< Dungeon Boss: Mihara's race changed from Transforming Ghoul to Transforming Alukah. >

Hey! Sorry for taking so long to update this novel. Good news. 
The content filtering and reordering for amazon release as a LN is now done [Now with less POV changes and CLEAR POV indication. Yes, I heard you]. V1 will be soon released with around 150 pages and over 33K words! 
Cover is also done and all that is left is finishing the content editing and revision that should only take another week. Please stay tuned on [Discord] bit.ly/DarkGodsDiscord and [Patreon] bit.ly/DarkGodEM for more details about the release and make sure to support this novel if you want it to continue. Ch 68 will be made available on Neovel this weekend ahead of release.

Arc 1 - I became a Dungeon  is also completed with a total of 73 Chapters!
All remaining chapters are already available on Patreon and new ones will be made available as soon as editing for amazon ends and writing of Arc 2 - Goblin Dungeon  begins. 

Hope you like the story so far, and thank you for sticking around. 

70