Zhongshu
955 4 13
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

*TABDAK* *TABDAK*

Four horse carriages were going at a full speed through grasslands towards a large city, that was some minutes away.

The sun was setting but it was covered by dark clouds. It was raining slightly and the atmosphere was comparatively cold. The ground was wet but not enough to slow down the carriages.

In these carriages, people from Crescent Moon Sect were traveling to attend the first phase of the Royal Sect Championship.

The carriage which was most ahead had Xia Xinyue in it. She was sitting calmly but there was still slight nervousness in her heart. This time her sect has a lot of great disciples compared to in previous championships.

The second carriage had Jiwon and Li Na in it.

Jiwon was feeling very happy for a couple of days. After meeting Karan, she didn't want anything more from life. If she can spend her life dedicating it to her beloved sect and Karan, there's nothing she can ask for more.

Meanwhile, Xinyue brought Li Na so she can handle general tasks so others can just focus on the championship. She came here as a manager of the Crescent Moon Sect.

The third carriage has the pair of brother and sister.

The sister, Li Mei, was laying and sleeping soundly. She was tired from the days of traveling by carriage and on top of that, she was bored while sitting with her brother who was lost in deep thought.

Li Su was thinking about ways to do better than anyone else and get everyone's appreciation, especially his crush Jiwon.

And in the carriage at the end, two love-birds were having a sweet time.

Esha was sitting on Karan's lap while hugging him with disheveled clothes. Her head was laying on his shoulder and her hands were grabbing his clothes at the shoulders part while they talked with each other.

"Do you miss our previous life, Esha?"

Karan asked with a gentle tone as he caressed her hair.

"I wasn't attached with anything before so it's fun here too. Although I do miss my mom."

A tear appeared in her eye as she remembered her childhood where as a single parent her mother took great care of her. But as time went by, they both grew apart. She living in a different city and her mother's job was the main cause of it but still, she loved her mother the most, excluding Karan.

"I wish I can bring your mom here too."

Karan said to console her. He didn't know if it is possible or not. Without being a cultivator, she will not be able to spend much time with Esha. If only there was a way...

"But before talking about that, I have been feeling like I have stayed away from you a lot."

Esha lifted her head from his shoulder and pinched his cheek.

"Ouch... You were busy training with Su Ling so it's on you."

Karan disappointingly said.

"Very well. I'll be as close as possible with you from now."

Esha said with a smile.

"I look forward to it."

Karan winked at her and tighten his embrace around her. Esha wrapped her arms around his neck and hugged him tightly.

*********

After some minutes, the carriages stopped near a city gate that was extravagant and strong. Several guards in green clothes were handling the people who want to enter the city.

Since it was the championship season, the inflow of people was higher than normal so it was busy for everyone.

Karan and Jiwon opened the carriage window and looked outside to see what's happening.

They saw that Li Na was talking to guards regarding the entry into the city. For a couple of days, it required special permission and process to enter the city so it would take some time before they are allowed.

They looked at the large walls that were connected to the city gate and stretched as long as their eyes can see. Besides guards in front of them, there were guards stationed at top of the walls. In short, it was a heavily guarded city.

The city is the capital of the Zhong Empire that rules over most of the Daguo continent, Zhongshu. This city is the most populated in The Belated World, going hand in hand with Zhong Empire being the most populated empire.

Zhong Empire is ruled by Emperor Zhong Zhi with an iron fist. The city was founded by his grandfather meanwhile under the rule of Zhong Zhi and his father, the Zhong family conquered most of the home continent.

Zhongshu is one of the five cities, where the first phase of the Royal Sect Championship is being held so the sects from all over the continent have arrived here.

The rain had been stopped but the sky was still covered by clouds. The sun was setting but couldn't be seen because of clouds.

Li Na came back after talking with the guards. She said that because a lot of sects have arrived and the city has gotten very crowded so the carriages are not allowed inside the city.

Everyone from the sect got down from the carriages and gathered at a single spot.

"So everyone is here. Let's go."

Li Na checked the disciples and moved inside the city with Xia Xinyue. The core disciples followed them inside.

Karan keenly observed how the city looked from inside. It was his first time visiting a large city.

Everyone was busy with their works. And like them, several cultivators had been present there. And a lot of them were as strong as their group.

"How far we have to walk?"

Esha asked as she didn't like walking on crowded roads.

"We have to go far but we will not be walking all the way."

Xia Xinyue replied. Unlike her arrogant persona, she was soft towards the people she had known for a long amount of time or she likes. And like everyone in the sect, she took a liking to Esha.

Esha nodded.

Li Na took out a map of the city and started looking into it.

"We will first go to the South Dragon Inn. We will be staying there."

Li Na said as she pointed to the place on the map.

Karan and Esha got near her and observed the map.

The map was very well detailed.

It showed that Zhongshu was square-shaped, surrounded by walls from two sides and mountains on the other two sides.

Then it was divided into two equal parts from the middle. The outer city was the front part of the city from where they entered and the Inner city started from the middle, both were separated by walls.

They had to cross the outer city and enter the inner city to reach their destination.

"Here we are."

Xia Xinyue announced as they reached a platform.

Several large horse carriages were present there. Empty ones were coming after dropping the people and filled ones took the people to their destination.

It was the most common mode of transport inside the city.

"We will go in this."

All of them quickly got into an empty carriage and paid it to take them to the South Dragon Inn.

======

Join my Discord server (Characters visualization(Marya, Lilith and others) pics on it) -

https://discord.gg/dQtBdas

Want to read chapter before everyone else? Love my work and want to support me? Then please check out my p@treon (Enjoy up to 11 chapters in advance + other benefits) -

[email protected]/Indian_Rake

=========

13