Like A Cat…
891 4 11
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"But... my emperor..."

Shi Shu and everyone in the audience was taken aback as the emperor just ignored them.

The host was expecting that after a grand entry the emperor will commence the tournament with some words but it didn't happen. He can't complain either in the fear of welcoming the emperor's wrath.

Seeing her husband being much more interested in eating rather than the tournament, a frown appeared on Empress Jiao's forehead.

*THUD*

"Ouch..."

"Dear!"

The empress forcefully hit the emperor's foot with her heels.

"Yes... darling Jiao?"

Emperor instantly put the bowl on the table and massaged the foot which has been hit mercilessly.

"Shouldn't you as an Emperor address people on such an amazing occasion?"

The empress asked but it had a feel of order.

"If my darling wants that, then why not."

Emperor stood up and walked at the edge of the area. The empress only rolled her eyes seeing him act all childish.

"Ahem..."

Seeing the emperor coming back, everyone had a smile on their faces and started listening patiently.

Several screens appeared around the arena so the audience can closely watch the emperor. In VIP rooms, they had a separate small screen for themselves for their comfort.

'Whoa! This looks convenient."

Karan thought to himself.

"My dear citizens of our glorious Zhong Empire, who all are present here on the first day of Royal Sect Championship, I hope that you enjoy it to the fullest."

Even though there were other two nations and a rebel state except for Zhong Empire in Daguo, none of their people would have come here because of the great enmity with the Empire.

"And for the disciples who have trained hard for this day, I offer you my gratitude and hope that you will spread the good name of your sect and your empire, Zhong Empire, all over the Belated World."

"Let the tournament start!"

*CHEERS* *CHEERS* *CHEERS*

After his short speech, all the excitement that was contained in the hearts' of the audience poured out.

Emperor went back to his seat and started enjoying the delicacies once again while hearing the applauds.

"Since ever beloved emperor has given us the permission to start the tournament let's not wait."

*BOOM* *BOOM*

Several fireworks were shot near the stage as the host went to the room that was reserved for the commentary on the fights.

"Everyone. Let me tell you about how today's fight will take place."

With this, Shu Shi proceeded to tell that, today, one disciple from each sect will fight another for fifteen minutes. Our trusted referees will judge the winner depending on the damage done.

On the ground, there were around a hundred cultivators present. Those were the referees. And near them, a circle of medium size was made which was going to be used for fights.

"ARE YOU GUYS READY?"

The host screamed after explaining everything followed by the audience.

"YESSSSSSSSS!!!"

"Then let's welcome today's disciples!"

Over two hundred disciples walked in. They were assigned the circle where they have to fight so they went there without any guidance.

They waved to their friends in the audience who were there to cheer them up.

"Where's Esha?"

Karan tried to look for Esha but couldn't find her.

"That's the first set of disciples. It seems she will come later."

Li Na replied.

Since he didn't care much about other's fighting, Karan leaned back and casually enjoyed the show.

Fifteen minutes went by since the duels started. Karan was able to observe various types of fighting styles, techniques, and powers. Still, there were so many people that it was hard to focus on a few of them.

In under some minutes, around a hundred sect had been disqualified as their disciples couldn't win. There were sad faces among the audience with excited and happy faces.

Next, another two hundred disciples came. And among them there was Esha.

"There she is!"

Karan happily said.

Everyone from Crescent Moon Sect had their heartbeat slowed down. All their hope for today was filled in Esha's strength.

Esha looked at her friends and smilingly waved at them. She blew a kiss to Karan who gave her thumbs up to wish her "All the best".

After the appearance of Esha, an unusual scenario took place. Xinyue among the audience and Esha on the ground, none were able to take their eyes off.

"Tch..."

Empress frowned as her beauty has been greatly overshadowed by those two.

"Xinyue has always been considered the "Fairy of Daguo", but who is this girl?"

Emperor said as he observed Esha while eating some ramen.

"Hmph... my eyes are on that man rather than those two women. Doesn't he have a dreamy face?"

Empress pointed to Karan to make her husband jealous.

"Ah... that couldn't compare to you Jiao, I thought it was obvious."

Emperor stopped eating ramen and tried to please her with sweat words. Empress just gave him a fake smile and moved her attention back to the dueling ground.

"Isn't that man and woman's appearance look like they are from Aryavarta?"

This time Emperor asked seriously. Aryavarta was another continent that was near the Daguo continent.

"All the kingdoms from the Aryavarta cut off every tie with our empire after the last war and we haven't seen any of their people since then."

Emperor added.

"There were rumors that men from Aryavarta are very well-endowed."

Empress who was still mad about the emperor talking about Esha's beauty tried to scoff at him more. She bit her lower lip looking at Karan in such a way that it's easily noticeable to the emperor.

"So what... men from Daguo are well-endowed too."

Emperor puffed his chest and said with pride.

"Oh? At least you aren't."

*COUGH* *COUGH*

The empress was hell-bent on mocking him today. If it was someone else, death would have been the least gruesome punishment but the emperor was like a cat in front of empress Jiao.

"Anyway let's enjoy the duels."

Emperor ended the topic as he couldn't handle more humiliation.

On the dueling ground, Esha was standing some feet away from a bald man in dark orange attire. His calm face gave the image of a monk.

======

Join my Discord server (Characters visualization(Marya, Lilith and others) pics on it) -

https://discord.gg/dQtBdas

Want to read chapter before everyone else? Love my work and want to support me? Then please check out my p@treon (Enjoy up to 11 chapters in advance + other benefits) -

[email protected]/Indian_Rake

=========

11