Tree Of Dragons
988 3 13
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Tree of Dragons. It's this particular world tree's common name."

Zhong Jiao commented. All three of them were standing close to the base of the world tree.

"Why dragons? Is it something to do with Emperor having some kind of dragon physique?" Karan asked curiously.

"To some extent, yes. But do you know the importance of the world trees?"

The conversation between Karan and Jiao continued while Wen was on guard in case Karan tries to do anything fishy.

"Yes, that the world trees are the source of qi."

"It's important but there's another thing."

Karan's interest was piqued.

"Whoever controls this world tree will get access to unimaginable power. Zhi controls this tree and that's the reason he is considered to be one of the most powerful person in the universe."

Karan was amazed by the great influx of knowledge. Sneaking in to visit the world tree has been very fruitful.

"I would like to touch it."

Karan raised his hand and touched the trees without waiting for anyone's permission.

*********

Karan felt like his consciousness went away from his body. He wasn't able to sense his own body. He lost all his senses. He was only able to think right now.

He didn't know if he lost his vision or the only thing in front of him was darkness.

But soon after he was able to see a total of fourteen figures that were of different colors. Seven were red, seven were white and five were green.

Most of them were hazy. Only two can be seen clearly. One was a white figure of an extremely voluptuous woman with long hair.

'I bet this woman is extremely gorgeous. I would love to meet her.'

Karan thought to himself as his attention went to the other figure who had a masculine form and a red color.

'Isn't this is the most handsome man to ever exist.'

Karan chuckled as he realized that this masculine form was his own. Only his form and the gorgeous woman's form were visible to him.

'My figure is red and there are seven red figures. They must be sins and those five green figures must be whoever is controlling the World Trees.'

After observing for some time, he concluded. He then tried to go back to his body.

*********

"WHOA!"

Karan exclaimed after experiencing such an out-of-the-world experience.

"Wen, leave us alone." Empress Jiao said in a serious tone.

Nodding her head, Wen instantly disappeared from the scene.

"Who are you, Karan?" Once Wen went away, Empress Jiao asked Karan.

"What do you mean?"

"You experienced something right? You shouldn't have if you were a normal person."

Hearing Empress's words, Karan realized that this has to do something related to the sin.

"I don't know what you are saying, Jiao." Karan tried to brush her off as he didn't want to reveal anything.

"You are a sin? The sin of Gluttony?" Jiao tried to guess. She has full knowledge of sins and who they are.

"Well.... yeah." Since Jiao didn't have any harmful intent towards him, Karan accepted.

"Tch... If Zhi got to know that he will kill you." Empress Jiao warned him.

"Why so?" Karan was surprised. An emperor on his tails? Exciting.

"How about joining me at my bad chambers and I'll explain everything to you... even more about the tree that only a rare few know about." Empress Jiao got dangerously close to him and offered him with a seductive voice that was hard for Karan to reject.

"Some other time."

With this Karan walked away without wanting a response leaving the Jiao mesmerized.

'Impressive.'

*********

"Hello, hello, my friends. Today, the 3rd day, 320 sects will fight that will only result in 160 sect qualifying for the next days!"

Shi Shu, the host, announced followed by a large number of claps and cheers from the audience.

Karan was sitting between Esha and Xinyue while his eyes were on the match but his thoughts elsewhere. He was thinking about the importance of World Trees and being a sin himself.

'I can't figure out just by thinking. I'll visit the empress after my duel on the seventh day.'

Karan decided to get all the answers. He didn't trust her a lot but she didn't attack him after knowing that he is a sin, she might be someone trustworthy.

"Karan, what are you thinking?"

Seeing his troubled face since the morning, Esha asked. She had been very worried about him.

'I haven't even told her about the sin and everything.'

Karan trusted Esha the most. He decided that he will tell her whatever he hadn't. And not just trustworthy, she had been very capable and will always help him.

"Esha, hear me out."

While Li Mei was having her duel, Karan told everything to Esha. How he fought a sin, became a sin, met his sister and yesterday's expedition.

"Wow! Karan, you did quite a lot in Belated World and I'm just getting stronger."

Esha said with an obviously fake cry much to Karan's amusement.

"Now you have to meet Empress for the answer. Do you think Xiuying know something?" Esha asked.

Karan moved his eyes where Empress Jiao was sitting. Her eyes were locked at Karan since they appeared. She was wearing quite revealing clothes too, which Karan guessed is to attract him.

"Xiuying might know but I would like to visit these gorgeous Empress."

Karan replied while his eyes were locked with her.

"Playboy!"

Esha mischievously hit Karan's hand with her elbow while giggling. She very well knew why he wanted to visit her.

"Oh she won!"

Xinyue who was sitting next to Karan screamed when below at the ground, Li Mei defeated her opponent with ease.

Karan's attention went to her like everyone else in the sect. Everyone was happy with the third victory of the sect.

'Come to think of it I don't have anything to do for today... Oh right... why don't I take Li Na and Li Mei, and visit their home in Imperial City? That will be entertaining.'

13