CH20 — Terrifying combat potential
1.9k 4 34
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Ku Lo watched Feng Huling dash towards Bo’s room without a word.

As she did so, he started to prepare for the attack by positioning himself into the infamous stair camp position. Should I blast the first fool with The Yin Paw or shoot it as a warning?

“The elder’s daughter-” Hiccup. “Should be on the third floor.” The drunkards could be heard already. “I’m going to have fun with her.” The group laughed and celebrated as they made their way up the stairs. “Who has the contract? We can’t let this opportunity Senior Brother Yao Khange gave us go to waste!” 

Their intention was to force Fairy Feng into a contract? His blood began to boil from the mere notion of such an idea. Those bastards want to sully Fairy Feng. He gritted his teeth.

‘I’ll blast the fucks. The people coming for Feng Huling hadn’t signed anything but their death wish. 

The sounds were right below him as he glanced at the direction Feng Huling had dashed towards. There was no sign of her returning, for now, and he took that to account in his tactic. Surprise. Crush. Withdraw.

Ku Lo was ready with the first shot as a drunkard made his way with drunken wobbles. 

“Yin Paw, First Form!” he roared with rage laced in his voice. 

“Ah!” The violet beam pierced the nape of the fool’s neck, creating a see-through hole before blood flooded it. “What…” the fool’s voice quietened as he fell dead against the stairs. 

The other drunkards hadn’t even finished their screams before Ku Lo dropped from into the stairway, stuffed shoulder to shoulder with his enemies. “Yin Paw, First Form!” 

The cast was successful; however, it was less potent due to the low amount of Yin Qi gathered. The most effective part of it might’ve been the blinding flash, rather than the finger deep hole. 

“What happened to your bravery?!” Ku Lo’s hands raised the fool’s body with ease and threw it at the others sideways. 

“Weren’t you going to?!” He couldn’t even say the things they had as he jumped at them — the fool’s body still in the air, half a meter in front of him. “C’mon, fight me! Fight you rapist!” 

Fool’s body landed upon its friends. It tackled the first three of them to the ground. 

Ku Lo used two of them as landing pads for his feet and threw an untrained flurry of punches at whoever was in front of him. 

With an overdose of anger and surrounded by a golden hue, his knuckles collided with shoulders, torsos, and heads. Yang Qi? He too was puzzled by the sight of him using it subconsciously. More the damage the better! 

Right now, it only mattered that the Yang Qi aided him. Every punch that hit sent a rapist flying backwards with broken bones protruding out from their flesh. 

“He’s alone! Get him!” Still, the number of drunkards wasn’t lessening. “A single outer court disciple can’t stop us, brothers!” Furthermore, they were starting to get a hang of the situation. “Don’t forget what we’re here for!” 

“Past my dead body!” Ku Lo roared back at the rapist who shouted the last sentence. 

Shouts of anger and cries of pain began to fill the stairway as the brawl continued. 

Dodge. Ku Lo’s enemies threw drunken-hooks even he could evade with ease. Strike. What little pressure they put on him wasn’t enough for him to turn defensive yet. Forwards, keep the pressure on them. He descended atop a rug of bodies, dead or alive.

“You idiots! What did I say about drinking?!” 

Not good. Whoever shouted was sober. Also, he was coming for him based on the sounds of someone else pushing people aside. 

Ku Lo hurled his last punches at a face with a nasty look, making sure this one would stay in bed for half a year before withdrawing. “The guards are here, scatter!” 

There was no time to stay and see if the bluff worked. He floored the pedal and withdrew from the second floor. 

Why is Fairy Feng taking so long? Ku Lo thought as he returned to the third floor. The sober person on his tail by the sound of things. She wouldn’t have run— No. No! 

“Stop running, boy!” 

Ku Lo glanced behind him. Shit! I can’t fight him. Something within him told this person climbing over the bodies of his half-dead and dead companions would crush him in a fair fight. I need to run. His legs and hands agreed, scrambling towards Bo’s room as his eyes locked on his enemy approaching.

He got two running steps in before crashing against a solid surface. 

Cold? His eyes were still on the enemy, so the new notion coming from the front was best described by the feeling. So cold. Did I crash into an open freezer? he imagined as his eyes turned.

What, or who Ku Lo found was a person, shrouded in indigo flames towering over him. Lord and saviour help… 

“You did good, Bro,” the towering figure spoke. “The young miss is safe.” 

“That’s great, but Bo, what’s this? What’s wrong with you?” Flames of the indigo colour pallet raged on his gigantic body. There’s no way that’s just his Yin Qi. The sight of his friend appearing as a superhero villain multiplied by ten in the scariness department was worrying, to say the least.

“This?” Bo stretched his hands open wide. “This is what my father made me.” The flames grew higher and darker. “A machine to kill, and that is what I intend to do.”  

Said so, Bo marched past Ku Lo. The temperature rose back to normal as he went away.

“Don’t be fooled!” he shouted after him. “Some of them are still sober.” He wished to punish those deviants with the night-fiend giant by his side; however, he needed to regain his stamina and Yin Qi.

“Thanks,” Bo replied, his flaming fist crushing against someone other than the sober person who had followed Ku Lo. Setting aside who got hit, the person receiving a fist half the size of a regular human’s head was flown over the railing. 

The monstrous combat potential Bo showcased almost caught Ku Lo’s attention. 

No, I need to regroup my strength! He shook his head, refocusing himself on the reality of the situation. This isn’t a game anymore. You’ve killed humans, and their friends want revenge! 

He dropped onto his ass, closed his eyes, and began absorbing Yin Qi from the surroundings. This was the way most cultivators cultivated. A dual cultivator doing this would be deemed as a failure who hadn’t found a partner. 

Wow, cultivating like this would be so slow! The amount of Yin Qi he could gather from the surroundings was pathetic. I need to fine-tune my machine to a slower pace. His piston machine was pushing the dome outwards at a way too high frequency considering the density. 

It had already taken minutes, and he hadn’t gathered even half of the energy lost. 

“Bro, I could still use your help here!” 

“I’m doing my best!” Ku Lo responded to the call for aid. 

I must be missing something. Think, Ku Lo! Think! 

“Bro, like, for real. I ain’t a one-man army.” Based on where Bo spoke from, the fight had stalled on the last steps to the third floor. “Can’t hold them for long.” 

Yang Qi? An idea to use Yang Qi popped into his head. Why didn’t I think of it? There were two types of energy, so he should be able to gather both? Anyway, he’d already perceived the Yang Qi. Moreover, there was a lot of Yang Qi floating around him.

Here it goes, He drew the Yang Qi close enough so that he could begin to harness its power.  

“AH!” The moment his imagined piston machine pushed the dome against the mass of Yin and Yang Qi, a backlash hit his mind. THIS WASN’T MEANT TO BE! The pain was in the form of hot sparks in his brains. STOP IIIT!

The sparks burned and crackled till they faded, just as sparks from an angle grinder would on one’s forearm. Of course, the pain couldn’t be compared, but Ku Lo still had to thank the gods, as it didn’t create permanent brain damage.  

I’ll leave that idea alone, for now. 

“Bo, I’m coming.” Ku Lo opened his light-blue eyes.

34