CH22 — Back in class
1.9k 7 29
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Knowing that Rin Tin Tin stalked him wasn’t pleasant. Shudders ran through his spine, even more so than when he executed his half-dead enemies. Should I confront her about it? Would I gain anything from it? 

The answer was no. 

He would say nothing about it, for now. Good thing that on Terra the only way to block cuckoo girls wasn’t blocking them on your phone and praying for them to find someone else.’ Here, you could become so strong her status wouldn’t allow her to approach you.

Personal power. The gap between him and Rin Tin Tin was a wide one, and then there was Sect Master Rin. Yet, this was the world of magic, and he could triumph over anyone.

“Fairy Feng, are you okay?” 

Bo, Feng Huling, and Rin Tin Tin turned towards him with three different facial expressions. 

“Bro, did you get them?” 

“I’m so sorry, Ku Lo. This wasn’t supposed to happen, I endangered you and… and… I ran as fast as I could to the guards.” 

Rin Tin Tin stood silent, gazing at him with indifference. 

Ku Lo nodded for Bo before speaking to Feng Huling, and in a roundabout way to Rin Tin Tin. “Fairy Feng, it’s okay. I couldn’t have stayed in the shadows as my friend was under attack by a bunch of lunatics wanting to do unspeakable things.” 

“T-thanks.” She looked away as he walked towards them.

Rin Tin Tin stepped between him and his friends. “Speak. Whose name did you hear?” 

 “Y-yan Kan?” Ku Lo paused, speaking as if he wasn’t sure. “It wasn’t on my priority list back then.” 

There was a minute twitch on her face.

“Thanks for the help.” Rin Tin Tin stalking him aside, he’d be dead without her back there. “We’re… we’re even now. But don’t think this means anything, I merely value my life an awful lot.” 

Rin Tin Tin’s lips curled upwards. “If you remember the name, please come and see me-” She turned around on her heels. “Otherwise, I’m leaving.”

I hope the name leads to nothing. If it were so, he wouldn’t need to go and extort Rin Tin Tin. His mind and body acted funny around her, so it was in his best interest to stay as far away as possible from her charms. 

Rin Tin Tin’s leave allowed Ku Lo to ask, “Are we going to have trouble? We killed… a lot of people.” 

“No,” Feng Huling was quick to retort. “My word alone is enough to have us walk free. You won’t even hear of this from the administration.” 

The loot earned me more than acting as Feng Huling’s boyfriend for years… On his classroom’s low-hongmu table, Ku Lo had a paper with his wealth listed. So much- he went over the list once more. Seven hundred eighty-one Dark Seeds. These seeds meant he could add 20% to his Yin Qi cultivation during one session 780 times, which in turn meant around 150 free Yin Qi cultivation sessions! 

His eyes moved to the second row. And to balance the Qi’s, I have fifty Molten Flowers, a Storage Ring full of One Star Beast meat, and the spine of a Three Star Beast melted into a liquid shot. The Inner Sect Disciples sure knew their stuff, for their wealth had been well balanced between Yang and Yin Qi materials. 

Fingers tapped his table. Adding this with the Vile Dome I’ll receive from Feng Huling today, my cultivation speed will skyrocket by 35%! With his current calculations, it wouldn’t take more than two weeks to achieve the Second Stage of Spirit Foundation. And if he could bed Huang Gingge, it would lessen even more.

My whole life, I was told to love for love- His eyes glanced to his side, at Huang Gingge’s cute round face. Now I should also love to become stronger? Very little of Earth’s habits were applicable inside the Yin and Yang Sect. 

Annoying. He set aside the thought of fucking girls for the benefit of it. 

I wonder if I could trade some of these resources for something that could help Ku Xie… He was spending a lot of time not thinking about the class in progress; however, it wasn’t an issue when you banged said class's teacher. Even if I sold half, I’d still have enough resources to last me months.

I’ll have to ask my teacher again- His eyes turned upwards to see Dai Meifen. My beautiful teacher.

“Now remember, the opening week has officially ended,” Dai Meifen spoke to the class. “Those who have partners come and receive keys to your new apartment or courtyard. For the rest, I wish good luck.” 

Since Ku Lo and his partners were in the first row, they were the first group asking for the key. “Deacon Dai-” A slight bow. “My partners are Feng Huling, Huang Gingge, and Huang Qingling.” 

It wasn’t a surprise when Dai Meifen sighed, even though she’d known of this for three days. “Four people-” Her hand searched for the right keys. “Here, courtyard number 4A.” 

““Thank you, Deacon Dai,”” the four of them said in unison before leaving. 

There was another woman not too happy, Rin Tin Tin. 

Whatever. His eyes weren’t on her for long. 

“Fairy Feng, do you think anyone will dare to approach you today?” The news of the fight had spread like wildfire in the outer sect. Emerging as victors from it with Bo, he’d become a leading figure amongst the disciples of his year. Moreover, his fame would now rise to new heights once people learned Feng Huling would be co-living with him and two others.

“Ku Lo,” Feng Huling said. “Don’t think beating up a few drunks means you can face the Inner Sect Disciples.”

He glanced at her. “I’m over my head?” 

“yes.”

“Noted.” Ku Lo opened the door leading out of the classroom. 

“Not going there!” What he slammed the door shut on was a mass of people clogging the hallway.

“I didn’t want to ruin your mood…” Feng Huling said in a low tone. “You’d been so happy and I didn’t want to ruin it.” 

He couldn’t be mad, Feng Huling appeared so innocent with her fingers fidgeting. “Well, we still need to get out of class,” he said and turned around. 

Thanks to the newfound status, a shake of head was enough for his classmates to stop.

“On the other side of this door…” he explained the situation to them. “I have a plan, but everyone needs to obey me…” he also gave them hope. This would be his first leader moment, and he intended to pass it with flying colours to gain trust, leadership experience, and more status. 

It was a good start, but the instant he stopped talking the group of youths reverted back to a confused mess. 

“What? They are back?” a girl cried out. “No! No! I don’t want to!” 

Ku Lo’s hand pointed in her direction. “Go help her,” he ordered and Feng Huling rushed to comfort the girl on the break of a mental breakdown. 

“Damn, the Inner Sect Disciples are more shameless than the outer sect rejects, who’re still rotting in prison for hitting Senior Brother Lo!” 

When Ku Lo heard this, the pride he’d lost returned and even grew.

“No need to panic or be angry!” he shouted to make sure his words appeared as the voice of reason, a light in the darkness. “Listen to me and no one will suffer today! This is my promise to you as your Senior Brother!”

It worked. The noises calmed again, and this time the class began to follow him like a flock of sheep would a shepherd. “Your trust isn’t misplaced.”  

Everyone else was back to their seats while Ku Lo waited for Dai Meifen by the door. 

“Deacon Dai,” Ku Lo said and opened the door. “I would like to have a chat with you.” 

“Hmm-” She eyed him. “Fine, follow me and don’t get lost in the chaos.”

Ku Lo glanced at the people counting on him. “I’ll be back soon!” 

“Are you coming?” 

“Coming coming.” He rushed after Dai Meifen while trying his best no to get distracted by the Inner Court Disciples.

 

Sorry for taking longer to upload today. The excuse is that me and my co-write Zirrboy (not his fault) had some major last-minute changes.

29