CH29 — Powderkeg
1.7k 13 20
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Now, to solve my private messes He watched the last class turn behind a corner.  I must seek for Gingge’s forgiveness, but how in hell am I going to do that. 

He wanted to scream inside his head. These messes he’d created were too much for him taking a seat on the nearest bench. 

Why do I have to think with my dick!

While lamenting, he noted a youth with an eerie stare. This man wore golden robes with white seams, the opposite to what the male Inner Court Disciples were donned in.

What’s his problem? This youth’s stare was one of pure rage. Wasn’t he chatting with Ling’er earlier? 

“Is there a problem?” 

Ku Lo’s body jolted. “Rin Tin Tin!” His eyes spun to look at his nemesis, who took a seat next to him like it was nothing.  

“Nice to see you too, Ku Lo.” 

“W-why are you here?!” His upper body leaning away from her so much that he almost fell off the bench. 

“Checking on how you are doing.”

“Why are you here? Really.” 

“Checking up on you,” she repeated. “We haven’t talked in a long time, you know? I want to hear how my knight is doing.”

He eased his lean though kept his guard against her so that she couldn't kidnap him again, at least not as easily as last time.  

“You should really stop thinking I’m evil from the core.” 

“I don’t think that; rotten might be a more suitable word.” 

“Anyway, my days have been great. Done a lot of, cool, stuff… learning my, better, arts... met with, beautiful, girls...” She articulated for about five minutes before standing up and walking away. 

Ku Lo’s guard eased again as she strolled out of his line of sight. She could resume stalking, so he didn’t feel entirely safe. What a girl, though still a psycho using everything and anything to get close to me. 

I won’t let her fool me again, he convinced himself once more. I should get to Fen’er’s place to finish today’s dual cultivation target and relax before heading to...The line of thought ended.

I need to fix my relationship with the Huang sisters if I wish to live well- He glanced up at the four planets visible in the night sky. I just hope they haven’t gone to sleep yet. School; helping others escpae school; and properly dual cultivating with Meifen had continued to the early hours of the night. But my cultivation sure took a giant leap.

His steps came to a halt as he arrived at the circular entrance to their four-person courtyard. 

Before entering, he held a moment of silence. It helped him to calm himself for what was to come. The last thing he wanted was to make rash decisions which would destroy more than fix. 

Okay. Find Gingge. Ignore Huling. With a long step, he entered the courtyard lit by lanterns.

He steered away from the dual cultivation house, sneaking his way to the other buildings. 

“Sister, he’s such a bastard, why do you like him so much?” 

It must be them. Ku Lo stood by the shut window. And that must’ve been Huang Qingling… I’m a bastard? Somehow it did hurt, even if Qingling’s opinion of him didn’t matter to him a whole lot. 

“Ku Lo isn’t a bad person!” This speaker was, of course, Gingge. “That vixen, it was all her fault… me… me and—” 

Even after everything, she’s still defending me? Ku Lo couldn’t even describe how lucky he felt. 

“It doesn’t matter. He promised you but forgot a moment later!” He heard a glass item be thrown onto the floor. “When he returns, I’ll have him… I’ll have him.” 

“No no no!” 

Should I go in there? It would be the right thing to do. 

“Get out! I don’t want to hear you badmouth my b-boyfriend any longer!” Gingge’s feet stomped the ground.

His head overflowed with happiness. She called me her boyfriend? She called me her boyfriend…

“Boyfriend,” Qingling laughed as she took steps towards the door. This made him panic and look for a hiding spot. “You have a great boyfriend. Maybe you weren’t cut for the cultivator life after all!” 

“Then you should go back to the Sword Sect! If I’m such a burden, why wouldn’t you?!” 

“You… you know why I am here.”

“And I don’t really care anymore. You should leave!”

There was a brief scuffle which ended in Huang Qingling being pushed out of the room. 

“I don’t want to see you!” Gingge slammed the door closed after her.

“Me neither!” Qingling shouted, though her tone sounded as if she was just matching her sister’s words, not meaning it.

Lying on the roof, Ku Lo watched Qingling enter her own room with a slam of the door. That was close. 

At the last minute, he’d found this hiding spot. However, he was not alone atop the roof. 

With a black mask hiding her mouth and nose, Rin Tin Tin squatted within arm’s reach from his position. 

Ku Lo shook his head at her, disappointed, before sliding off the roof. 

“Gingge-” He knocked on the door. “Gingge.” Speaking with the most humble and apologetic tone he had ever used. 

“Ku Lo!” He heard her scream from excitement. “You came!”

One of his brows shot upwards. “Uh, yes. I came to ask for your forgiveness.” 

“Don’t give it to him, sister!” 

“Shut up!” Gingge opened the door and shouted at the thin wall separating the rooms. “I don’t want to hear anything from you!” 

From her side profile, he could see Gingge’s mood hadn’t improved. Her eyes were still swollen and her makeup was all over the place. 

Gingge’s head turned to him in a downwards gaze. “P-please... Please come inside. I-I have been waiting for you. There are cookies and—”

Qingling’s room’s door burst open. “Oh, for Heavens’ sake! You’re letting him walk over you again, sister!” 

With a single leap, Qingling jumped to their midst and presented the extortion contract. “Ku Lo, you bastard!” She slapped him in the face without mercy. “Aren’t you even a little ashamed?!” she screamed whilst he flew to the ground.  

“Sister stop!” Gingge held Qingling back like a boxer ref would. “This is between me and him!” 

“No, it isn’t,” Qingling screamed, breaking away from her sister's hold with ease. “And if I want, I’ll kill him for toying with your heart!” 

Still standing on the roof behind the approaching Qingling, Rin Tin Tin drew a dagger from her waist. 

Inwardly screaming shit, he scrambled to get up and defuse the situation at the same time. “It was all my fault. It was my mistake to break my promise to Gingge.” 

“Don’t you call her by that name!” 

“I’m so sorry. I’ll do anything to gain forgiveness.” He spoke what came to mind because Qingling closing the distance made Rin Tin Tin lose patience, and he knew to what lengths she would go for her ‘beloved’.

 

Three chappies this week (Releases: Monday, Wednesday, Friday) since the chapters are a hint short. They were longer, but light (Still not heavy) editing is taking out hundreds of unneeded words.

20