CH39 — Disbelief
1.3k 9 22
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“Ling’er!” Knock knock knock “Ling’er!” Ku Lo banged his fist against the door into Feng Huling’s apartment.

His already injured fist hurt from every knock, but he wished for an explanation even more. So, he dismissed the pain and knocked harder to wake her up. 

The wooden door had caved in from the banging and was almost off its hinges when there came a drowsy voice from the inside. 

“Knock knock knock,” Huling imitated the sound. “What is it?” 

“Ling’er, I wish— demand to speak with you, right this instant!” 

“Calm down with the banding, I’m coming.” Still, the fairy took her sweet time dallying to the door, making his irritation grow as she wasn’t taking his urgency seriously. 

Yet, he also heeded her words and tried to calm down. 

Ku Lo calmed down; however, only for a moment before his anger soon returned stronger. She still hadn’t opened the door, and neither did the pain lessen.

With the anger returned, his fist continued to bang the door till it opened. 

As it creaked open, from the other side appeared a woman dressed in a nightgown jet-black as her hair, in opposite contrast with her jade-like skin illuminated by an oil lamp. 

“What happened to you?” Huling’s eyes widened. Her hands rushed to feel his body. “I’m so sorry.” 

“It’s fine, and you didn’t do this.” He didn’t want her to have any weird ideas. “But tell me Ling’er, who was that man you spoke with this morning, an Inner Court Disciple?”

“Short, white hair—”

“Yes, yes, him,” he cut in and leaned his less injured side against the frame of the door. “What’s his name? Who is he to you?” 

After Ku Lo’s side hit the door frame and a painful grunt left his mouth, her hands attempted to pull him in, yet he resisted. “Please, we need to get you on a bed.” 

“No, not yet.”

She looked past him, ignoring his words. “Stay there for a second, I’ll get the others.” 

Ku Lo’s bloodied hand stopped her. “No, don’t get them yet. We need to talk, private.”

“Not in your—” 

“No buts-” He stared into her black eyes. “The faster you answer my questions, the better.”  

Huling stared back at him for half a minute, confused more than anything else. “Yao Khange—”

Ku Lo took his eyes off hers. “Yao Khange… I’ll fucking end that man’s life the first chance I get.” 

From the corner of his eyes, he saw her jump. “N-no, you can’t. P-please d-do not go after him.”

“What?!” he shouted, causing something which shouldn’t move to move inside of him. “Look at me!” Cough. “Tell me I shouldn’t cut his throat?!”

The two locked eyes again. “What did he do?”

“Are you playing dumb? Yao Khange and his thugs beat me on my way here, for god’s sake. Do I need to spell it out to you?”

“Yao Khange? No, he couldn’t have. Not him.”

This Ku Lo couldn’t understand. Out of all the people in this world, Fairy Feng didn’t believe him? He raised an eyebrow and asked, “Ling’er, do you believe me or Yao, fucking, Khange?”

“O-of course, I believe you, but there’s no way the Yao Khange I know would have done this… He’s such a nice guy.” 

His blood boiled and some of it straight out burst to his skin from wounds. “Me or him?” 

“T-the a-answer here isn’t so simple as to—”

“So it’s him? You’d defend someone who sent his goons to rape you rather than believing the one who helped you out back then?”

“What are you talking abo-”

“It seems you don’t want to see my point.” He wouldn’t get through to her for some reason. With great difficulty, he got off the lean and began turning around. “I give up! Good night!”

“Damn it, damn it all,” Ku Lo muttered as his legs wobbled him forward a couple of meters. “Yao Khange…”

Before getting further, he felt two hands and a slender body embrace him from behind. “Lo’er… Don’t go.” Hulings hands wrapped around him while her head tried to get onto his shoulder. “Tell me what happened, Lo’er.”

“I do not wish to anymore-” Ku Lo pushed forwards, ignoring the pain this action caused as her limbs pressed against his wounds and bruises. 

“Lo’er, I want to believe you, but.”

Ku Lo shut her out from his hearing when the ‘but’ came. If Huling wouldn’t trust him right now, he didn’t need to hear her. 

Right now Ku Lo wasn’t even interested in hearing balanced counselling. Words of understanding and companionship were what he desired, and Huling would not provide those. 

“Feng Huling, could you find Deacon Dai?” 

There might have been a response, he didn’t know. However, her grip loosened. 

Without a glance back, he made his way to Huang Gingge’s room.

 “Gingg’er...” he called for Gingge with his voice waning. 

“Lo’er!” An excited cry sang from the other side of the door as a person jumped to the floor and dashed towards him. “You came~” 

“c-careful.” A limp foot trailed back on the ground as he realised this girl might have a different enthusiasm level. 

“Is something wrong?” Gingge still opened the door with force, almost hitting him in the process. “Lo’er!” 

“help me to the bed.” 

Gingge rushed to lift the shoulder he lifted as her mouth screamed, “Sister! Lo’er’s hurt!” 

With Gingge’s help, he got steps inside the room before Huang Qingling appeared to be lifting his other arm. 

At this point, Ku Lo realised how bad his situation had become. Now that he had help, he saw no way to walk on his own, and to his knowledge Qingling had appeared from thin air.

“Sister, do you know what happened?” 

He put a leg in front of the other at a slowing pace while listening to the sisters’ scramble for answers. 

“No. Lo’er just appeared before my door. I even wondered if he’d come to sleep with me…” 

“Enough,” Qingling snapped. “Lay him on the bed.” 

“Right!” 

The last thing Ku Lo’s mind received was how his back rested against something soft. The bed the sisters had been talking about most probably. He wasn’t sure of it before his eyes closed. 

… 

Two people chatted as Ku Lo regained consciousness.

“So you found him like this?”

“Yeah, my love-struck sister told me Ku Lo came to her. But how did Deacon Dai find her way here so fast?” 

Ku Lo heard Qingling speaking to… Meifen? Had Feng Huling really went to fetch Meifen? It appeared so; however, Feng Huling herself wasn’t here based on the voices present.

“Just call me Dai Meifen when we’re like this. And as for your question, Feng Huling came to me saying something had happened to Lo’er.” 

So I’m awake again? he contemplated. I wasn’t out for long if they are at this point in the conversation. Having not opened his eyes yet, he kept them so. This would allow for the Huang sisters to become closer with his other, well in all honesty, harem member. 

I’ll take another nap… With such a happy thought as recognising that he’d gathered a real harem with model tier beauties for himself, it didn’t take long to fall asleep again. 

Ku Lo blinked once before opening his eyes.

“Lo’er’s awake!” Gingge screamed before he’d even completed the blink.

“He woke up?” 

“So he didn’t kick the bucket, bah.”

Gingge’s light-blue eyes shot daggers at Qingling. “Sister, how can you be so mean!” 

Ku Lo grabbed Ginge’s hand on his chest. “Heh, don’t be so hard on her.” 

“B-but she…”

“I know, but if Qingling really meant it, why did she help me to the bed?” 

“Because my sister begged me to?”

“I-I didn’t beg you to.”

“Shh, quiet!” Meifen stopped their argument. “Darling, what happened? You fought with someone?”

“I did-” Cough. “Three Inner Sect Disciple led by a bastard named Yao Khange ambushed me on my way here.” 

The name told nothing to the sisters; however, Meifen was different. “Yao Khange from the Yao Family?” 

Ku Lo nodded, finding speaking something he should avoid if possible. 

“That bastard-” Meifen slammed her fist against her other hand’s palm. “He was such a nice guy when I taught him five years back.”

How's the story so far? I want to hear your thoughts

22