Ch. 2 – Options
5.5k 27 213
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Dylan's room happened to be where his two worlds collided in an almost unsettling manner. It was a bizarre hodgepodge of ambience: focusing crystals and creepy effigies gave way to football posters, protein powders, and fitness magazines that shared bookshelves with old dusty grimoires. I sat in a beanbag chair, which itself lay atop a glowing red pentagram engraved into the flooring, and watched with a strange anxious feeling as Dylan set himself to task. Ever since our little conversation I’d felt weird. 

 

I figured ultimately it wasn’t that unusual to be feeling weird about the fact that I was about to have a magic spell cast on me that would make me girlier. That raised all kinds of questions, like for example, would it just make me look more feminine or would it actually turn me into a girl? Also, what would happen to all of my workout gains? I worked hard on those, was I going to have to lose them? If so, would I get them back when I stopped being feminine? How long did I plan to stay like that? How long would the spell last? Would it go away on its own or would I need to have Dylan dispel it for me, and also, would the transformation hurt and what if it somehow fucked with my head and made me not want to be a guy anymore and why the hell did the idea of being all girly not bother me even the slightest? 

 

“Bro, you okay? You’re hyperventilating a little; you look like someone just shot at you or something, I dunno.” Dylan had glanced up from the spellbook he was poring over, and now peered down his nose at me through his round spectacles with a creased brow and slight frown. His dark eyes conveyed some emotion between uncertainty, worry, and begrudging acceptance of my request. He ran a hand through his short, sandy hair awkwardly. “Are you sure you want to go through with this? I mean, isn’t you not being as big and tough looking as some of the other guys constantly a concern of yours?” 

 

“Well, yeah, but I’m willing to make sacrifices not to lose this relationship,” I replied.

 

“Haven’t you two only been a thing for like a month and a half? Seems like a pretty big life change for a relationship that new.” Dylan would have a point if things were different, but I couldn’t expect a successful guy like him to understand just how hard it was to get a girlfriend.

 

“Well, yeah, but this is important, okay? Besides, I won’t need to worry about looking more masculine than other guys if I’m a woman.” I tapped my temple and shot him a self-assured look.

 

“Wait, so do you actually want me to make you a woman or just more feminine? Cause I don’t think more feminine but still a guy will cut it if she’s really a lesbian. I mean, I can try to make you an actual girl too if that’s what you want.” He squinted at me a little in contemplation, then started quickly flipping through the pages of his book again to look for more possible solutions.

 

“I dunno, okay? Just, give me my options, I'll figure out all that later.” Why was I sweating so much? My heart rate swelled the moment he said he could actually make me a girl. Was that what I wanted? I mean, maybe, it made sense kind of. How else was I supposed to win over Olivia without Dylan making me an actual girl?

 

Seemingly satisfied for the time being, Dylan resumed flipping through his grimoire, leaving me alone with my thoughts. I couldn’t get the idea of being a woman out of my head. If I were to be honest with myself, it was impossible to deny the fact that being a woman was kind of always a secret fantasy of mine. Ever since puberty, I’d liked to imagine what it would be like to get to inhabit a girl’s body for a while.

 

Obviously it was just a fantasy, though. I mean it literally got me aroused, so it couldn’t be anything more than a fetish. I had a fetish for the idea of being a woman for a while and dressing up as one and going about my regular day to day life as one and finding a girlfriend and settling down in love with her as a woman. That was all totally normal; most guys probably thought similarly. 

 

With a satisfied grunt, Dylan’s eyes rose to meet mine; he beckoned me forward expectantly, and I rose from the beanbag chair to meet him. He scooted over to make room for me next to him, and gestured toward the book. On the page was a series of scribbles and diagrams that were completely indecipherable to me. In fact, I was fairly certain it wasn’t even using the Latin alphabet, either that or the handwriting really was that atrocious.

 

“Dude, you know I can’t read your weird wizard runes, come on,” I complained, rolling my eyes.

 

“Oh, right, forgot. So, simply put, body changing spells are hard. I don’t feel great about not fucking up most of them; luckily I found a pretty safe, simple one here. Unfortunately that also acts as a limitation.” As he spoke he jabbed a meaty finger into the page, indicating the incantation in question as though that would somehow help me understand.

 

“Okay, so so what’s the limitation?” I asked.

 

“Well, basically it’s more of a healing spell than anything. It creates medicinal tablets with a template of what the body is supposed to be like when not injured or sick or whatever, then they create that body. Like for example, if you broke your arm we could put you without broken arm in here and it would give you a non broken arm. And basically, I can fuck with the spell a bit so instead of trying to give you your normal body, it tries to give you a woman’s body.” As he spoke, he thoughtfully pulled out a pen and paper, beginning to scribble some of the old magic language written on the book, crossing some things out, changing symbols until he nodded in satisfaction.

 

“That doesn’t sound like a limitation at all.” It was getting harder and harder to mask the anxious excitement in my tone.

 

“Well, hang on. There’s more you should know. Firstly, since we’re going against the spell’s intended purpose, it’s basically going to be constantly fighting with your body. Which, in short means the medicine isn’t going to fully change your body into a woman’s body, just feminize it quite a bit.” Did Dylan look apologetic? That was weird. He was really going above and beyond here.

 

“That’s fine, wasn’t really what I was expecting anyway.” I shrugged, gesturing for him to continue. 

 

“Right, well, there’s another thing. You’ll need to take some of it every day to prevent the effects from dispelling. For simplicity's sake, I’ll make it a bunch of little pills. You just take one, it sets your body to the ‘feminine’ form for the day, and you go about your business,” he explained.

 

“Works for me; can we get on with it, then?”

 

“Geez, you sure are impatient. There’s one other thing you need to know -- don’t lose these. I don’t have enough reagents to cast this spell again and it’ll take me a while to find more, so like, I dunno, if you could buy me a few cases of beer as a thank you, that would be nice.” He gestured to his rather sparse ingredient cabinet for emphasis. 

 

“Yeah, yeah, I can swing that, can we just get it done please?” 

 

With a nod and a sigh, Dylan carried his book over to a little workstation setup in the corner of his bedroom. He placed an assortment of leaves, bones, and other things I’d rather not think about into a mortar and pestle, and began pounding them all together into a fine powder, whistling tunelessly as he went. After a few minutes there was a wave of his hand and a spark of golden light as he began chanting; the lights flickered off and on as more sparks flew from his hands, the room suddenly grew a lot colder, and then everything was back to normal. I shuddered. Magic was weird. 

 

Dylan turned toward me; in his hand was a translucent orange container almost identical to what one might get from a pharmacy. He turned it over in his hand thoughtfully, listening to its contents rattle as he regarded his creation, before glancing upward and meeting my eyes.

 

“So this is it. Are you sure this is what you really want? I mean really think about it for a minute, bro. I know for certain that once you stop taking these pills the effects will reverse, but I can’t guarantee they’ll reverse one hundred percent. You might lose a couple inches of height, or some muscle, who knows? I mean, how  long do you even intend to keep this up for? What makes you think this is even going to actually convince Olivia to stay with you?” His gaze was intense, searching, as though he were expecting something in particular out of me.

 

“I -- I don’t know okay? Just give them to me. I need to try. I don’t know what I’ll do if I can’t,” I sputtered, breaking eye contact. Something about the way he was looking at me was really uncomfortable, like he was peering right into the heart of me.

 

“Well, okay. I still don’t really get it. This sounds like it should be your worst nightmare; I sure as hell wouldn’t want it, but well, uh. You know if you ever need to talk about stuff or whatever I’m gonna be cool about it, right?” Dylan’s tone had grown a lot softer as he finally relented. I just shrugged a little.

 

“Uh, yeah? Thanks, I guess. I don’t really think I need to talk though, just need the pills.” I hoped judging by the awkward confusion in my voice Dylan would finally realize he was taking this whole thing way too seriously. I mean come on, why was being more feminine a big deal anyway? It sounded perfectly alright to me. And yeah, I guess it was kinda weird to be okay with that since I’d spent so much of my life trying to be as masculine as possible, but this was like breaking away from that entirely. With this I’d stop being someone people even expected that of. So obviously, that sounded pretty liberating. It did kinda make sense why Dylan wouldn’t get it, though. Guys like him had it all; they won all those dick waving contests, even if they weren’t trying to actually participate. So of course he’d be fine with it in comparison to a guy like me who was constantly playing catch-up.

 

“Well, alright, dude. These should last you long enough for me to get another batch of reagents. I’d suggest you set an alarm to take them every day. If you wait too long, the effects will start to reverse. And I’m sure you wouldn’t want that.” He handed me the pill bottle, which I snatched eagerly, fighting the urge to tear it open and take one then and there.

 

“Cool, thanks, bro! I’ll make sure to tell you how it goes!” I called, already scurrying out the door to head home. 

 

Back in my room, I held the bottle in my hands, capable of doing little besides than simply stare at it. This was it. I could take these pills and then I’d be feminine enough to win back Olivia. But also, well, did I really know that was the case? What if she just wasn’t into me in general and me becoming more girly wouldn’t cut it? And also, was this really the best solution? Did I really want to become feminine just for some girl? Yes. Yes I did, obviously. Olivia was clearly worth it, after all. 

 

And it’s not like I was giving up all that much. Sure, I’d worked pretty hard on my physique, but it hadn’t amounted to much. I wasn’t impressive as a guy at all. And yeah, Dylan always told me I was one of the strongest, best looking guys he knew, but that was probably just him talking me up for the sake of my self-esteem. No, this was definitely the better choice. I was obviously just not very good at being a manly man, so maybe I’d do better at being feminine. But also the idea of taking the pills was really scary. What if I hated it and I lost all my hard-earned progress? Even worse, what if I enjoyed it too much? I was about to cast the pills aside and forget the whole thing when my phone buzzed. I checked the notification and froze. Olivia had texted me.

 

“Hey babe, where did you go this morning? I got up to stretch my legs and make a phone call then when I came back in you were gone. Something wrong?” Ah shit, shit shit shit. Was she onto me? Did she know that I knew somehow? Okay, deep breaths, Theo, maybe this was actually a big misunderstanding. I hadn’t actually ever bothered sticking around to find out what was going on. I hurriedly typed a reply.

 

“Oh yeah sorry had a really bad hangover went to get some fresh air then wound up hanging out with Dylan. Blacked out last night. Didn’t even realize you were around otherwise I wouldn’t have ditched you.” She would buy that, right? It wasn’t even entirely untrue. 

 

“You blacked out? I see. Do you think we could get dinner tonight? Had some stuff I wanted to talk with you about…” Oh shit. Oh fuck. She was totally going to break up with me if I didn’t do something about it. That was that. I needed to take one of the magic pills. I hurriedly typed a reply confirming a time with her, then tore open the bottle and downed a pill.

 

Hello my lovely readers! Here's another chapter of our favorite dummy thicc egg. If you're enjoying things so far, you can currently get early access to all of this story, along with several other benefits such as exclusive audio content, exclusive writing, and pictures of my cat on my patreon for as little as $2 a month. As far as Restraints/Redemptions goes, I intend to post the last few chapters tomorrow, so be on the look out for that.

 

213