Epilogue – The More They Stay The Same
6.1k 37 217
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

As I downed my third beer of the night, I had to admit, I might have neglected to consider that losing a significant amount of mass would impact my alcohol tolerance. By the time I’d finished my fourth, I didn’t care anymore, I might not have known what my limit was anymore, but I certainly knew what it felt like, and I had a while to go. Besides, I had my amazing girlfriend and best friend looking after me and frankly, after everything I’d been through the past couple days, I needed to cut loose and celebrate. Not only that, but the more of a drunken fool I became, the more I got to just oh so casually, oh so nonchalantly use my girlfriend as a human pillow. And, well, yeah I could probably do that either way, but this way she would feel more inclined to dote on me; my evil plan was foolproof. 

 

Also, damn, lounging on Olivia’s lap was really nice. Just like before, my further diminished size made me fit even more neatly into her embrace. And I very quickly decided that, no matter what happened with the remainder of Dylan’s spell, I’d like the body I finally settled on to be a bit smaller than Olivia was. It was right around the time I came to that conclusion that Olivia caught me gazing wistfully up at her. She grinned at me, and ran a hair through my hair, causing me to shudder with happiness at the feeling of her hands running through soft, silky hair. 

 

“What’s that look for?” she asked.

 

“Just happy,” I slurred, gripping her tightly; “you’re a good girlfriend. Sorry I doubted you.” 

 

“Well, I think I can forgive you, considering that big puppy dog look on your face; besides, I suppose you can’t control the fact that you’re a bit of a dumbass.” She lightly pinched my cheek and bopped my nose as I turned away, crossing my arms. 

 

“No fair, I was confused; figuring out gender stuff is hard,” I whined. 

 

“Babe, come on, anyone with two eyes can clearly see you’re much better off being a girl, it was obvious. But that’s okay, what you lack in brains you make up for in hotness.” There Olivia went making me all blushy again. Honestly, how dare she. I was gearing up for another round of pouting when she pulled me in for a long, deep kiss that may or may not have made me forget how to breathe. Unfortunately the kiss ended in my needing to suddenly gasp and sputter for air as my heart worked itself into overdrive. And I thought being smiled at by a pretty girl was bad enough. 

 

The night progressed in the way that smaller college parties do, with drinking games, music, people coming and going through the night. As things progressed, and I became more and more clearly comfortable with myself and my situation, Dylan slowly gave up any and all pretense of being the responsible wizard friend concerned about the effects his magic had on me, and fully embraced the drunken meathead fratboy himbo I knew him best as. Soon enough, he’d had enough drinks in him to start showing off, and made a show of bench-pressing three party goers at once. Not to be outdone, and also too drunk to rationalize that I was already weaker than him before I lost considerable mass, I attempted and failed to keep up. At the very least I could manage Olivia, who seemed to appreciate the gesture, lounging in the air and bragging about having a hot buff girlfriend at her beck and call. Unfortunately, as her compliments continued, I wound up too flustered to continue and nearly dropped her.

 

As the night began to wind down, Olivia tried her best to keep me upright and clear headed; unfortunately for her, I’d once again been sneaking drinks all night. This time, though, not because I was bummed out, but because I needed to celebrate. I finally had myself figured out, and also just so happened to be at the very beginning of an entire week off from class; of course I was going to drink myself stupid. Making dumb, shortsighted, but fun decisions like that was an important part of the college experience, or at the very least, had become an important part of mine. 

 

Eventually we, or more accurately, Olivia decided it was time to head home and sleep. She proceeded to guide my shambling, stumbling form back to my place in a manner which must have been very reminiscent of only days ago. Only this time, instead of pouting or otherwise being down on myself as I surely had been that night, I was a little ball of giggling, drunken revelry. Much more pleasant to be around, but also way harder to keep a handle on. Olivia was in the middle of convincing me for likely the fourth or fifth time since we left that, no, we weren’t going to go find another party because it was bedtime, when we finally arrived home. She guided me down the stairs to my room, and settled me on the bed, before running upstairs to get me snacks and water to help sober me up a bit.

 

The rest of the night was a bit of a blur, but I was finishing up a midnight snack of bread and fruit with a side of several glasses of water when Olivia plopped down next to me, and put her arms around me. I nestled into her, and at that point my brain helpfully pointed out that I still had a lot to get used to when it came to my body.

 

“Hey, babe?” My mouth wasn’t doing a spectacular job at forming words, but it seemed I was intelligible, if only just barely.

 

“What is it, Abbi?” 

 

“Will you teach me how to be a girl?” I looked into her eyes and gave my best approximation of a wide eyed, pleading stare. Olivia rolled her eyes and ruffled my hair.

 

“Yes, sweetie, I’ll help you. What do you need to know?” 

 

“How do I pee now?” It seemed like that question was enough to break Olivia, as she collapsed into a fit of giggles.

 

“Sweetie, I haven’t really confirmed, but don't you still have your penis?” She awkwardly gestured to my crotch.

 

“Yeah, I do.” I nodded matter-of-factly, then continued to stare expectantly at her.

 

“Then I’m pretty sure it’s the same.” She laid her hand on my leg lightly, and squeezed affectionately. 

 

“But, am a girl now. Don’t I have to do it differently?” I asked.

 

“If you want you can sit down?” she offered with a tiny shrug.

 

“Okay.” I shambled off to the bathroom; about a minute later, Olivia was sent into another fit of laughter when she heard me call out to her, “Which way am I supposed to wipe it?” 

 

With those needs taken care of, I settled back into bed with her; it was around then that I remembered I was in private with my girlfriend in a body I was very eager to discover more about. I could remember awkwardly kissing her, trying and failing to pull myself on top of her, and then ultimately being told to lay back while she got things started for us. The commanding tone in her voice was enough to melt me, and I quickly did as she asked, no need to be told twice. After that, things grew fuzzier, but we definitely had sex, and it was definitely very good sex. In all honestly, it was probably the first time I could call any sex I’d had very good. 

 

That was how I found myself, still lying in bed at noon, with a splitting headache and a fuzzy, but mostly complete picture of the previous night's events, and desperately trying to protect my delicate little ears from the sound of my asshole neighbor using what sounded like a leaf blower. Honest, doing yard work twice in two days, didn’t these people know they lived in a college town? I had half a mind to convince Dylan to curse him with some kind of ultra-fast growing grass spell, but then realized that would only exacerbate my problem. Also it was probably illegal, dang wizard laws. I decided not to wait around for my alarm this time around, and dragged myself out of bed. 

 

In a familiar ritual, I dragged myself across the tile floor all while nursing my headache and trying to piece together the night before, arrived in the bathroom, flicked on the fluorescent lights, and caught my reflection in the mirror. A wide smile spread across my face. I’d definitely changed some more overnight; I looked a little shorter, my features slightly more delicate, my muscles actually looking a bit bigger, but that was likely the reduction in overall size. Whether or not the pills’ effects were going to continue all the way through to my ideal form, I didn’t know, but at the very least it seemed they had at least a little more juice in them. And the result was wonderful. I glided off to the shower, thoughts awash with possibilities. I definitely needed to get some more clothes that showed off my arms, cause damn, they were hot.  Plus I needed to settle on a hairstyle, even if that was just letting it continue to grow out. Then there was the matter of my skin; it was so smooth and supple, it would probably be a good idea to get some products to keep that up. Olivia could probably help me with that.

 

Despite my hungover state, I really was able to find the energy to absolutely luxuriate in the sensation of the hot water hitting my wonderful new body. I took the time to appreciate every curve, every bit of soft, silky, hairless skin, every new fascinating little detail that had come since the night before. I emerged refreshed, but still in need of some additional help to return to full function. I downed some ibuprofen, dressed myself in a nice sundress, and ascended the stairs. 

 

In the kitchen, Olivia greeted me with a chipper smile as she tended to a sizzling pan of eggs, potatoes and breakfast sausage. “Hey, you! Heard the shower run, so I figured I’d get us started on breakfast; how are you feeling this morning? Have a clear picture of last night?”

 

“I think so, yeah. Maybe a bit fuzzy, but there aren’t any big chunks missing. We cleared up our misunderstanding, cut loose a little at that kickback, then headed home for some intimacy; did I miss anything huge?” I hugged her behind, and kissed her neck gratefully as I inhaled the smell of greasy food, which somehow always seemed to hit the spot when I was hungover. 

 

“That’s about right. As long as you’re still aware that you are in fact a girl now.” She lightly nipped my nose and flashed a teasing smile. I rolled my eyes.

 

“Yes, I know. I didn’t forget twice.

 

“Forgetting once is bad enough, Abbi.” She gave my butt a playful smack, then shooed me away as she dished the food out onto two plates, we settled at the table and ate. After a satisfying meal, we retired to the sofa, and I reclined in her arms, once again taking a moment to appreciate my diminishing height. 

 

“So I’m a little foggy on the details last night, but was I any good?” I asked sheepishly. 

 

“You were sloppy, but if nothing else, eager to please. You kept trying to show off, and were really intent on showing me how strong you were. Which I mean, that was cute since you’ve clearly actually gotten less strong since the changes.” She giggled, and ran her hand along my arm.

 

“I dunno, I guess I’m just comfortable in my own skin now so I feel more proud of them,” I stammered.

 

“I know; it makes me happy to see that too, it was just funny is all. But no, you were very sweet last night. Honestly though, I’ve gotta say, with guys, getting topped is pretty fun, but with girls? I think I like having a sweet, yielding girlfriend who will let me take control in bed.” She was speaking with this husky, breathy voice that made me want to just come right apart for her. But at the same time, a little alarm bell was going off in my head. Was there a problem? Had I been too controlling last night? She said I was eager and trying to show off a bunch; maybe I kept trying to pin her down or make her act more submissive.

 

It kind of made sense, I’d spent so much time pretending to be some man’s man that I probably picked up on some of that, right? That sort of prideful expectation to dominate, to control. Plus before I’d definitely always taken the lead with her as a guy, so she was probably alluding to that and trying to get me to change how I acted in bed. Hopefully I hadn’t made her uncomfortable, I’d hate for her to see me that way, I’d much prefer to be her sweet, yielding girlfriend than ruin her enjoyment of sex by being really sexually aggressive. 

 

I wound up getting a little too caught up in that thought process, unable to get it out of my head. Lucky me, I had options. Shortly after it came time for me to get started with my day, and we departed for the time being while I finished getting ready. Fully dressed and functional, I left a little early for my Monday workout session with Dylan, and headed directly to his frat house instead of the gym. I did, after all, need to talk to him in private about a certain matter. 

 

* * *

 

The room to Dylan’s door burst open, interrupting his pre-exercise stretches, he stood with a start, I marched in with purpose. 

 

“Dylan! I need another favor!” Apparently my interruption was a bit too jarring, It took him several moments to fully process everything. He did get always pretty engrossed in his stretches, after all. 

 

“What? Abbi, why are you? -- nevermind -- You need another favor? This isn’t more magic, is it?” he grumbled.

 

“Look just a little bit okay? I had a talk with Olivia and I think I made her uncomfortable last night. And, maybe she’d be happier in this relationship if maybe you had like a spell that could uh,” I trailed off, blushing profusely at what I was about to ask, “well like, do you think you could make me more submissive?” In the stunned silence that followed, Dylan awkwardly lifted his phone from his pocket, and tapped the dial button, holding it to his ear as he waited for a few moments.

 

“Hey, Olivia? -- Yeah, yeah I got your text. -- Uh-huh, she’s here. -- Yup, she asked me to -- Yup, that, exactly that. -- Okay, I’ll tell her.” He hung up the phone.

 

“What is it?” I asked, bewildered at the scene that had just unfolded before me. Dylan grinned.

 

“Your girlfriend wants me to tell you that you are completely clueless, but she loves you anyway.” 

 

Welp. that's it folks (unless I get that bonus chapter up). And, as is customary, time for another patreon plug. If you subscribe there you can get early access to what is written of my next story (currently five chapters) -- it's about a witch who, when trying to summon her ideal girlfriend, summons some random guy instead, I wonder why that is? -- You'll get that, along with several other benefits such as exclusive audio content, exclusive writing, and pictures of my cat. All that and soon more are available at my patreon for as little as $2 a month (cat pictures are gonna cost you extra though, sorry).

217