Chapter 3. Rain And Thunder
17.6k 18 285
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Dragon King's Harem Chapter 3. Rain And Thunder
I sat on a quiet bus that headed for Silennel District, the district where my home was. My eyes looked at the window, staring at the sky which was already covered in dark clouds but my mind was not there.
'I'll have to pack my things and return the keys to the landlord in less than a week.'
The bus stopped and an announcement sounded.
* Ding Dong *
"We have arrived at Silennel District. Please check your belongings before leaving."
It was followed by a 'Psssh' sound by the automatic door.
I got up from my seat and walked out of the bus. The wind messed up my hair, I knew the rain would come anytime soon. Once again, my feet stepped down the street as quickly as I did every night. My mind was filled with my moving out preparations. As I walked, I heard the sound of footsteps following me, again. I let out a tired sigh.
'What do they want?' I sped up my pace, trying to ignore them. But when I was in front of an alley, someone hiding behind a large tree on the sidewalk pushed me into it roughly and made me land on my back.
I quickly stood up as I endured the pain and looked at the two men who stood in front of me in shock, my heart was pounding fast. Their movements were very fast and they were so strong, I didn't even have time to react or fight them. Even if they were martial arts experts, with my fighting ability, at least I could fight them back, not like this. That's why I guessed they weren't humans, but demons.
They grinned as they approached me. A flash of lightning accompanied by a roaring sound of thunder echoed through the night sky.
"On a night walk, gentlemen?" I said. My eyes stared at them, looking for an opening to escape. I knew this alley was a dead end, so there was only one way out here, which was to break through them.
Noticing a gap, I ran towards it as my hand grabbed a beam nearby as a weapon. I knew that apart from the demon hunters no one could kill a demon, not even the police and military. That's why I planned to escape to the nearest police station.
Those demons approached me and I swung my beam at them.
- Brak!
I was thrown and landed between the trash bags, the beam in my hand broke. While the demons looked fine and approached me slowly as if they were playing with me.
I endured the pain in my body and lifted a trash can near me with my hands as I returned to my feet. I threw it at them as a diversion and tried to run away once again.
- Bang!
The demon caught it and threw that dented trash can at me.
"Ghhh!" I gritted my teeth when the trash can hit my back. I almost fell but I could keep my footing and keep running. But another demon dashed and pushed me, my back hit the wall. The demon's claw swung at me. I turned to my side and managed to dodge it at the last moment even though it managed to rip my shoulder. The claw mark was clearly visible on the wall. Before I could fight again, the demon grabbed my neck and choked me.
- Blar!
Another flash of lightning split the night sky was accompanied by a roaring sound of thunder. This time was accompanied by rain. I struggled and tried to release the demon's hand desperately, but he was very strong.
Slowly, the demon raised his hand and my feet started to leave the ground. I opened my mouth wide, trying to get some air as much as possible. My eyes widened, staring at the demons in front of me who were slowly changing to their original forms. Coarse black hairs covered their faces and bodies. Their red eyes enlarged, their mouths widened, their teeth extended like wild animals. Their 'human' faces turned into rats.
Extreme fear struck me when I saw their scary appearance but I knew I had to fight them if I wanted to live. I glanced to my side and realized there was an iron pole near me. Without thinking twice, I grabbed it and swung at the demon's head as hard as I could.
"Argggg!" The demon groaned in pain and released his grip.
* Cough * * Cough * * Cough *
I coughed as I tried to get back on my feet, my hand swinging the bent iron pole in my hand once again to brush off the other demon. But that demon caught it and took it away. In one movement, the demon swung that iron pole at me.
"Argggg!" I groaned in pain as the iron pole hit my legs, knocking me to the ground.
- Clang!
The demon dropped the iron pole and they approached me slowly with evil smiles on their faces, cornering me against the wall. The pain from my legs, shoulders and back spread throughout my body. Even though I really wanted to scream for help, I knew it would be in vain, because no one could help me except the demon hunters. Whereas if there were demon hunters around here they should have come here to help me because they had a special device that could detect the demon's location.
They jumped with their claws pointed at me. With great difficulty, I turned to the side to avoid them, but one of their claws managed to rip open the side of my stomach and created a splash of blood on the white wall behind me. Four holes were seen where their claws landed. I forced myself to stand up, endured the pain in my legs as I grabbed the bent iron pole near me. My other hand pressed the wound on my stomach, trying to prevent the blood from coming out from it.
I ran in shuffling steps, trying to escape once again. But the demons pounced on me from behind before I could get out of the alley. I turned around, right in front of me the demon's mouth was wide open. Reflexively, I stabbed the iron pole right into his mouth.
"Aaagggghhhh!" The demon screamed in pain and staggered backwards, my iron pole stuck in his mouth. Meanwhile, another demon pounced on me, knocking me down and opened his mouth. I raised my arm to protect myself. Extreme pain struck me as the demon planted his sharp teeth to my arm. Penetrated my skin, flesh and bones. A second later, I could feel another pain coming from my stomach and chest. I glanced down and saw that the demon's claws had pierced my body. The blood came out of my wounds soaked my clothes, the pain in my body was getting worse. As my strength disappeared, the demon released his bite and bit my neck. My hand fell weakly to the ground.
'Hurt ...' I thought but I didn't have any strength to fight back. The rain-soaked my face and clothes, my blood flowed along with it. My eyes stared at the flash of lightning that cut through the sky, I knew that the demon was eating me alive.
I shifted my gaze in front of me and could see the other demon who had managed to pull the pole from his mouth and approached me weakly. Between my pain, I grinned.
'I almost managed to kill a demon. I should be proud of myself ... '
Suddenly a white lance flew at the dying demon and turned him to ashes. The other demon released his bite and turned around. This time a white chain tied the demon and threw him against the wall.
"Argggg!" The demon screamed in pain as a crack appeared where he landed.
'Who ...' I thought. Vaguely, I could see someone there and recognized his uniform as a demon hunter. Even though his face was covered with a hood, it seemed that the demon hunter was a man.
My eyes that were getting dimmer stared at the battle before me, as the pain from my wounds gnawed at my life breath and the coldness overtook my body. A few seconds later, the demon turned to ashes and the demon hunter approached me in a hurry.
"Be strong, buddy. It's only a scratch! You'll be fine!" said the demon hunter in panic. I knew it was a lie, the demon hunter was just trying to calm me down.
Without wasting any time, the demon hunter propped me up and led me out of the alley in the heavy rain.
"Your voice ... Sounds familiar ..." I said in difficulty. I remembered there was only one person who called me 'buddy', Larry.
"Shut up! Stop wasting your energy!" But despite Larry's words, his voice trembled in sadness. Larry knew that I couldn't be saved anymore.
The coldness and pain were getting worse. My legs felt weak and I fell. With great difficulty, Larry picked me up again.
"C'mon we're almost there!"
Again, I knew Larry was lying since the hospital or clinic was still far from here. My memories flashed in my mind, my dreams to go to college and live a normal life didn't come true. All my efforts were in vain. In the end, I had to die as a prostitute. But I didn't regret it, I did my best and lived to the fullest.
As I felt my life was almost gone, I whispered.
"Thank you ... Don't blame ... yourself ... Take ... care ..."
After that my consciousness began to disappear and my eyes began to close.
"James! Hang on! We're almost there! We are almost at the hospital! Oh yeah, I promise I'll help you to pack tomorrow! Oh, oh! And I'll bring my friend to help you too! Do you remember my best friend, Ethan? He's a model student at Diamond College! I believe you will get along with him! So please don't you dare die on me! " Larry tried to wake me up in a panic but my consciousness was getting dimmer. A smile formed on my lips and my breath stopped.
285