Chapter 10. Level Up!
12.2k 12 208
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Dragon King's Harem Chapter 10. Level Up!
Gunshots sounds accompanied by monster screams echoed through the training ground. My hands gripped my dual revolver which I named 'Light and Shadow' and aimed it at the huge black spider-shaped monster in front of me. My feet kept moving swiftly, occasionally I flicked my wing to fly to avoid the web spray from their mouth.
[Name: Shadtula] 
[Level 8] 
[Type: Insect] 
[HP: 121/121] 
[Mana: 35/35] 
[ATK: 35] 
[M.ATK: 15] 
[DEF: 11] 
[Skills: Trap Web, Venom Sting]
I panted, my sweat dripping. I didn't know how long I had been shooting every single monster that came out of that door and how many monsters I had killed.
"Kieekkk!" Several monsters lunged at me. I flicked my wings and flew up as I kept shooting them.
- Bang! - Bang! - Bang!
[You have shot a Shadtula for 105 HP. ] X2 
[You have shot a Shadtula for 101 HP. ] X2 
[You have shot a Shadtula for 103 HP. ] X2
"Look out!" Evelina's scream startled me. As the scream was heard, I felt something sticky glueing my body and covering my hands. I turned around and saw that web from a Shadtula crawling onto the wall. 
'Shit! I let my guard down! '
The monster pulled me, his mouth was wide open, revealing his fangs. Since my hands were covered by the web, I couldn't use my revolvers. Eir and Evelina held their breaths in tension, even Eir was already preparing to use his Fire Bolt to kill the monster and Evelina was ready to use her Mana Barrier. But again, their expectations were wrong. This time, I imagined a weapon that Argod used to fight. 
'Mana weapon!'
A black sword burst out of the web that was covering my hand and I aimed it at the monster.
[You have stabbed a Shadtula for 102 HP. ]
Black blood dripped out of his mouth when the black sword stabbed him right in there. That sword cross-guard was shaped like dragon wings, in the middle of it a black crystal that emitted a dark aura. Its blade size was slightly larger than rapier and very sharp. Nightmare, that was the name of this sword.
The Shadtula was about to shoot his venom sting at me, but suddenly a hissing sound came out from where the sword was stabbed.
[A Shadtula is in an acid burn effect.] 
[Its HP will decrease by 1 point per second] 
[Its Speed will decrease by 20%.]
"Kikkkkk!" The monster's screams of pain were heard as my sword melted it little by little. Then with one pull, I killed him.
[You have cut a Shadtula for 103 HP. ]
That monster fell and died. My feet landed on the ground as I shook off this annoying white sticky web from my body.
[All enemies have been defeated!] 
[Level Up!] 
[You are now Level 10. HP +50, Mana + 20, ATK and MATK + 5, DEF and SPD +2]
[HP: 660/660] [Mana: 280/280] 
[ATK: 80]          [M.ATK: 80] 
[SPD: 48]          [DEF: 48]
'Ah, shit! It's so disgusting! Has he never brushed his teeth before? ' A foul smell emitted from that disgusting white web. While my hands were busy waving them off my body.
"Your Majesty!" Eir and Evelina were about to approach me but I raised my hand, stopping them from coming to me.
"I'm fine. Bring me the next monster," I said in an indifferent tone. I felt a little tired, but I could still fight. Anyway, I had to take a shower after this was over or this smell would kill me.
"Your Majesty, you have passed 8 levels today. You should take a rest," said Eir. He knew the curse had disappeared, but he was afraid that Argod's condition would worsen again. Moreover, passing 8 levels in just a few hours was not easy. Even the previous kings' record was only 5 levels a day.
I turned to Eir and looked at him sharply. 
"Continue," I ordered. There was no way I allowed myself to be at a low level like this. Even the servant's lowest level was 19 and the maid's lowest level was 14. And I as their king had a much lower level than them. There was no way I would accept that!
"Yes, Your Majesty," Eir couldn't say anything anymore.
[Adrenaline Surge has been activated.] 
[Dragon Armour has been activated.]
[ATK: 80 + 40] 
[M.ATK: 80 + 40] 
[DEF: 48 + 24] 
[SPD: 48 + 24] 
[Time remaining: 14:56]
It was different from when I used my skills for the first time. This time the spark surrounding me grew brighter. The black armour that was only covering my left chest spread out and covered my upper body.
From the door, several fatty worm-like monsters in a truck size crept out of it slowly. His mouth that was wide open like a small cavern was filled with hundreds of sharp teeth and a tongue with a syringe-like tip came out of it. 
'Analyze!'
[Name: Mud Worm] 
[Level 9] 
[Type: Worm] 
[HP: 136/136]
[Mana: 43/43] 
[ATK: 48] 
[M.ATK: 15] 
[DEF: 12] 
[Skills: Blood Sucker, Poison Split]
From the skills, I could conclude that even though their movements were slow, they had long-range skills. Eir and Evelina looked at me worriedly. The monster's attack range was almost the same as my revolvers and there were more of them, of course, I would lose. In contrast to their worries, I smirked. 
"Piece of cake," I muttered.
I imagined another weapon. 
'Mana weapon!' The sword in my hand glowed, replaced by a bigger weapon and I placed it on my shoulder.
- Boom!
A shot accompanied by a loud explosion came out from there. A large mana bullet shot down and landed on one of the monsters.
[You have shot a Mud Worm for 110 HP. ]
Half of the monster was crushed, a disgusting brown liquid leaked out from his body. His body was squirming around in pain without even being able to make a sound since his mouth was destroyed. Meanwhile, the weapon on my shoulder was starting to become clear. A black modern bazooka with a sharp bayonet in front of it. 
[A Mud Worm is in heavy bleeding effect.] 
[Its HP will decrease by 5 points per second] 
[Its Speed will decrease by 80%.]
I smirked. I didn't even have to shoot him twice to kill him. Again, I fired my bazooka at them. Killed them easily from a distance without moving from my position since their movements were too slow.
 'It's even easier than the Green Pest.' Unfortunately, this weapon was only effective on slow-moving monsters. Since it has a long cooldown time.
Eir and Evelina dropped their jaws as their eyes stared at Argod who killed the Mud Worms easily. Ten years ago, when Argod said that he would lose his power after this long sleep, they were so worried how he could catch up and regain his power before the other tribes found out about this. But seeing how Argod fought, they were sure Argod could regain his power in a short time and even conquer his lost Legendary Beasts.
[All enemies have been defeated!] 
[You have gained EXP!]
"Next!" I said without turning my gaze to Eir.
My voice startled Eir who was dumbfounded. 
"Oh, yeah. Level 9, next 10 monsters."
"Why not all of them?" I complained.
"They smell so bad. I can't bear it, Your Majesty," replied Eir as he covered his nose.
Then I just realized the room smelled like a swamp. 
"Fine." I shrugged before I shot them again.
In just under 15 minutes, I completed level 9.
[All enemies have been defeated!] 
[You have gained EXP!]
"Tch!" I clicked my tongue since I hadn't levelled up yet even after killing almost 50 of them. Then I checked my EXP.
[Exp: 96.07%]
'Haaa ... They should've caught more of that Mud Worm.' I knew even though it all looks easy at first, the higher my level, the more difficult it would be.
"Next," I said.
"Level 10," said Eir.
If the monsters from level 1 to 9 were dominated by insects or worms. This time was a large plant with a round trunk, two red eyes and a large mouth on it. As a substitute for his feet, he walked with his roots. And as his hands, his tendrils moved like a whip throughout the room. The leaves on his head were like sharp blades.
'Analyze!'
[Name: Gloom Tree] 
[Level 10] 
[Type: Plant] 
[HP: 157/157] 
[Mana: 52/52] 
[ATK: 65] 
[M.ATK: 5] 
[DEF: 28] 
[Skills: Regeneration (Damage can only be done by attacking his eyes), Leaf Razor]
As soon as I saw that information, I knew this monster was bad news. Moreover, there were 3 of them. But rather than being afraid, I grinned. 
'Good, I'm getting bored after all.'
Note: This story does not concentrate on how he fought monsters, but will concentrate more on how he got skills, fighting Legendary Beasts, solving imperial (and other tribes) problems and leading war against other tribes. Also concentrate more on PVP (Player vs Player, Argod against other tribes' king / general / prince / 'hero') than PVE (Player vs Environment, against monsters or survival). 
208