Chapter 17. An Exile In Frozen Room
9.8k 7 178
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Dragon King's Harem Chapter 17. An Exile In Frozen Room
After the door was closed, I got up from my chair, went to my wardrobe and took a uniform from there. Quickly, I changed my coat into it and walked towards the exit.
"Your Majesty." The guards bowed and greeted me. They were about to follow me but I raised my hand, ordering them to remain in their position.
Even though they looked confused, they stopped and lowered their heads.
I stepped past the guards, servants and maids who were confused to see me walking without any guards or servants. But they did not dare to say anything to me. I walked down the luxurious staircase with black stair rail and red carpet to a quiet corridor.
My feet stopped in front of the door with strange plant ornaments that looked duller than the rest of this Palace.
'I wonder if he changed after 10 years.'
Upon my arrival, the guards bowed to me.
"Your Majesty."
"Did he blow up something today?" I asked in a half-mocking tone.
The guards gave me an awkward smile.
"Not yet, Your Majesty," answered one of the guards. Looks like they already knew this room owner's habits just like me.
"Oh? That's unusual," I said without taking my eyes off the door. I didn't know how much trouble he had done while I was sleeping.
"Open the door," I ordered.
The door in front of me opened, cold freezing air blew out from it. It was something impossible in Dragon Cross City since this city only had two seasons, summer and rainy season. The cold wind pierced my skin as if the room was connected to Snow Veil Mountain, Igixar's coldest mountain. Inside, the room was completely white like a freezer that had not been opened for a long time and had completely frozen its contents.
Swiftly, the guards stepped forward as they took out their swords. Their left arms bent in front of their chests, placed their swords above their iron gauntlets and pointed it forward, ready to stab anyone or anything that tried to attack me from there. Their legs spread shoulder-width apart and bent slightly, ready to charge or defend. It was the dragon tribe's attack stance.
While I sighed a long breath.
'I thought he had changed, but I was wrong.' Although I had never met this person, the owner of this room had a close relationship with Argod and Argod trusted him just like he trusted Eir. Unfortunately, because of his childish attitude, Argod decided not to tell him about his long sleep effect.
I waved my hand downward, ordering them to lower their swords and they followed my order. Then I walked into that strange room, passed the guards indifferently since this was not something strange anymore. It would be even stranger if he didn't mess up. Swiftly, they sheathed their swords and followed me. But I raised my hand and waved it backwards, ordering them to back off.
Even though they worried about me, they still followed my orders.
The door behind me closed, my feet stepped deeper into that large, frozen room. The cold air pierced my skin even more, breath that came out of my nose and mouth formed a fog. My eyes swept around me, some shelves with strange items, the desk, the crystals and piles of books scattered on the floor frozen into ice sculptures.
'I hope he doesn't break what I ordered.' I needed those items to help me level up.
I slowed my pace and swept around me in caution.
"Al! Show yourself!" I shouted.
No answer.
"Al! Stop playing around!" I said in an annoyed tone. I knew Al behaved like a child even though he was 300 years old. His attitude often made other people misunderstand him. Al was a genius wizard, but a fatal mistake made his tribe almost execute him. Argod was the one who defended him and became his guarantor. Finally, Al was exiled by his tribe and Argod brought him here. Unfortunately, though he had sworn his loyalty to Argod and had a Mark of servant, his childish attitude had not changed. He often messed up and blew things up. That's why Argod gave him this special room as his place for his research.
I waited and swept my gaze around me once again, looking for him but all I saw was white. Even if he was hiding, with his black hair, he should stand out among this white room. Then I started to feel weird about this room.
'At least he should have welcomed me ...' Despite Al's status as exiled, but he was a noble, he understood manners and was not that childish to ignore such basic manners, especially to me.
As I swept my gaze, I noticed a person ice sculpture behind a large shelf. I narrowed my eyes and focused my gaze on it, my feet stepped carefully.
A person ice sculpture with a shocked expression came into my sight. His jaw dropped, his hand trying to catch something that fell from the shelf. His status above his head.
[Name: Almeric Griga Bevier]
[Level 80]
[HP: 4085/4085]
[Mana: 987/987]
I let out a sigh, creating a thick fog coming out of my mouth. My two fingers pressed against my temple. This was why he hadn't blown up anything today because he dropped his weird invention that froze him and this room.
"You know, you are really lucky today, because I lost my fire spell. Otherwise, I will happily 'warm' you with it." Well, I was not sure he could hear me in that state.
I walked over to him and my hands brushed his hair and face.
"Hey, wake up!" I said, my hands slapping his cheeks over and over.
He didn't answer or move.
"Al!" I shook his stiff body. With his level and power, I knew he had some resistance to this. It was just his body froze because he couldn't resist the freezing effect.
I could see his eyes were starting to open and blink, indicating that he had started to regain his consciousness but he was still an ice sculpture with a strange pose.
I kept shaking his body, shaking the ice from him, trying to release him, but to no avail. After a while, I released my grips.
"Well, looks like I have no other choice but to warm you up." Who knew how long he had been trapped in this state.
While Al's eyes widened after hearing my words.
I imagined a weapon in my head.
'Mana weapon!' My hands glowed, forming a new weapon in my hand. A black flamethrower formed in my hands and I aimed it at him.
Al's eyes fixed on the weapon in my hands. Even though he had never seen one, he knew it was dangerous.
I retreated to create distance so I wouldn't burn him directly.
"Close your eyes and bear with it for a moment." I pulled the trigger, a burst of fire out of it.
"Mhhhppp!" Al screamed without being able to open his mouth, his eyes widened at the flames in front of him.
The ice began to melt. In less than a minute, Al could make his voice.
"AAAAHHHHH !!!!" he fell backwards and stared at the weapon in my hands in shock and fear.
"Oh, you're awake," I said in a relaxed tone as I cancelled my mana weapon. My Flamethrower disappeared from my hands.
With the ice covering Al's body melting, I could see his appearance more clearly. A man in his 30s with a lively face. His messy black hair hung awkwardly around his neck. He wore a black shirt without buttoning two upper buttons, exposing his chest slightly. A black blazer draped over his shoulders like a cloak. He looked at me in annoyance and pouted like a child. But in contrast to his unintelligent appearance, a golden monocle on his eye indicated his status as a royal magician.

Al

"Your Majesty! Are you insane ?! Are you trying to turn me into Wugreame Cookies?!" Al yelled as he backed up irritably. Wugreame Cookies were Al's favourite cookies that shaped like flat peanuts and hollowed like Swiss cheese. It had a little gritty texture and had a similar taste to white chocolate macadamia cookies, except it was more bitter and slightly sour.
"Is that how you thank me?" I said in a calm tone. But despite my tone, I made it clear that I didn't like him yelling at me.
"You should be more gentle next time." Though he said it in a calm tone, I caught a trace of annoyance in his tone.
"I didn't burn you, is that not gentle enough?" I asked him for an explanation.
"Ugghhh," he grunted and looked away from me since what I said was true.
"Tell me," I asked again.
"Haaahhh ..." He returned his gaze to me.
"Okay - okay. I just freaked out with your new weapon. Where did you get that weird weapon idea?"
"I got it from my dream," I replied lightly. Then I swept my gaze around me.
"Can you fix this mess?" I didn't have my ice legendary beast, Fross, so my ice resistance was 0% and as a dragon tribe, I hated cold!
Al scratched his head, a breath that formed a thick fog out of his mouth.
"Fine."
178