Chapter 20. Monster Slaughterhouse
9.1k 16 172
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Dragon King's Harem Chapter 20. Monster Slaughterhouse
Hours passed, I didn't know how long I had spent in here or how many monsters I had killed. This room had no windows, so I also didn't know whether the sun had risen or not. All I knew, this large room felt more cramped with the monster corpses that were scattered everywhere. Right now, this place was more like a monster slaughterhouse than a training ground, I even had a hard time running, so I could only dodge by jumping or flying.
My body was covered with the monsters' liquid and blood. Several claw wounds on my body, dry blood and large rips were visible on parts of my uniform, showing that the monsters had landed some clean hit on me. Luckily I had my Health Potions that could heal me quickly.
My eyes stared at a pack of Filthy Hyena who charged at me, leaping over the monster corpses that were blocking them. Those monsters were shaped like hyenas and about the size of a large dog with coarse hair covered in swampy mud and smelled like rat corpses.
[Name: Filthy Hyena]
[Level 30]
[Type: Beast]
[Element: Earth]
[Speed: Normal]
[HP: 421/421]
[Mana: 142/142]
[ATK: 252]
[M.ATK: 42]
[DEF: 91]
[Skills: Sharp Bite, Poison Claw]
I panted from exhaustion, but I didn't avoid them and remained in my position. A pair of black gauntlets with sharp claws covered my hands up to my elbows. Several sharp spikes that lined the arm. Also, the tip of my tail was covered in black armour with some sharp spikes. Argod named this weapon 'Terror'.
'Adrenaline Surge! Dragon Armor! Power Boost! Accelerate! '
[Adrenaline Surge has been activated.]
[Dragon Armor has been activated.]
[Power Boost has been activated.]
[Accelerate has been activated.]
[ATK: 180 + 90+ 180]
[M.ATK: 180 + 90 +180]
[DEF: 88 + 44]
[SPD: 88 + 44 +88]
[Time remaining: 14:56]
This time the sparks that surrounded me grew brighter and brighter. The black armour almost completely covered my body. It was similar to the black armour that knights wore to fight on the battlefield. The difference was that my armour was so light so I could move freely.
They pounced on me fiercely. Their claws were directed at me, ready to tear me apart. Fearlessly, I lunged at them and swung my claws and tail around their necks.
[You have cut a Filthy Hyena for 359 HP]
[You have cut a Filthy Hyena for 341 HP]
[You have cut a Filthy Hyena for 332 HP]
"Kaaaingggg!" they shrieked in pain as large wounds were visible on their necks which nearly separated their heads from their bodies.
[Three Filthy Hyena are in heavy bleeding effect.]
[Their HP will decrease by 5 points per second]
[Their speed will decrease by 50%.]
While I flicked my wings to dodge another Hyena's attack, before lunging back at them and swinging my claws.

------


Meanwhile, outside the training ground, the morning sun shone brightly through the Crimson Flame Palace's windows. Eir stepped through the corridor to Argod's chamber with a worried face after receiving a report from Sarah that Argod had not returned to his room since last night. Sarah was afraid something happened to Argod so she decided to report it to Eir. Although Eir's face was calm when he got the report and asked Sarah to return to her place, he was very worried. His heart was beating fast.
'Has His Majesty gone back to his long sleep like before?' He remembered that Argod passed 10 levels in one day yesterday and that was too much even for a royal like him.
As he arrived at the front of the king's room, the guards bowed to him.
"Good Morning, Sir Eiron," they greeted.
Eir just replied with a slight nod and opened the door. His feet stepped in and his eyes swept across the room, trying to find clues where Argod had gone. Eyes fixed on the reddish coloured lamp on Argod's desk and he quickly realized that Argod had taken his Royal Ring. He was deep in thought.
'Royal Ring ... Dimensional Ring ...' Then he remembered Argod's request 10 years ago.
'Sir Almeric!'
Eir turned and walked out of the King's chamber to Al's room. The guards bowed to him.
"Good Mor--"
Eir passed them and opened the door before the guards finished saying their greetings. Right now he wasn't interested in such formal pleasantries because he was too panicked.
"Sir Almeric, where are you?" said Eir as soon as the door behind him closed.
"Keep your voice down. Are you trying to give me a headache?" Al grumbled. He stood near his desk which was filled with element crystals and some magic flasks. Next to it, his beloved cauldron emitted green smoke with a strange glitter. Several large books opened on the surrounding tables. From his tired eyes, it was clear that he hadn't slept all night.
Eir walked over to him.
"Did His Majesty come here?" he asked without further ado.
"Yes. He was here last night to get the potions," Al replied. His hand threw some strange leaves into the cauldron. His eyes were on it, not on Eir, since he was afraid his potion would fail. Some crystals glowed in red below his cauldron, indicating that he was brewing the potion and he should not let his attention down, or else it would fail.
"Do you know where His Majesty is?" asked Eir.
Al's brows furrowed and his eyes glanced at Eir. Something that the witch tribe should not do when making potions.
"He isn't back yet?" asked Al worriedly.
"Not yet."
"Training Ground. He should be there. Check him! Now! " said Al quickly.
"Very well. Thank you for your information." Eir turned around.
"And don't burn your potion!" he added as he stepped out of the room since he could see Al was also worried for Argod's safety.
Al's gaze returned to his cauldron.
"Tsk!" He clicked his tongue in annoyance since the potion used some rare ingredients, so he couldn't leave it. After all, this was something important he made overnight to help Argod recover faster.
'Your Majesty, please be safe.'
Eir walked quickly down the corridor to the training ground. His heart was beating fast and his worries increased since it meant Argod spent the night in that place.
"Sir Eiron!" Evelina's voice made him stop his steps and turn around.
Evelina approached Eir with the same expression as him. And they walked side to side.
"What happened? Where is His Majesty?" asked Evelina worriedly. She just went to the dining hall to have breakfast with Argod, but Sarah said that Eir was looking for him right now.
"Sir Almeric said that His Majesty is in the training ground," Eir explained.
"Oh no ..." Evelina muttered. They knew the training ground could be a deadly place.
After that, they fell silent, all that could be heard was the sound of their footsteps.
"Open the door," said Eir without further ado, as soon as they arrived in front of the training ground.
The guards who had the same expressions as them, quickly opened the door. These guards knew that Argod had never trained this long before.
Eir and Evelina walked into the room and the door behind them closed. Their eyes widened at the pile of monster corpses before them. Also a pack of Filthy Hyena that pounced on Argod. Eir prepared with his Fire Bolt and Evelina prepared her Mana Barrier since they knew those monsters were level 30, the highest level monster in this room.
But before they could cast their skills, Argod swung his claws and tail at the monsters, making huge wounds on their bodies. After they fell helplessly, Argod swung his tail to stab the monsters one by one to finish them off, swinging them in the mid-air and throwing them nonchalantly.
The green crystal near them dimmed and lost its light, indicating that Argod had completed level 30. Evelina's eyes widened staring at the man who killed those monsters mercilessly, the wounds on his body and his torn uniform showed clearly how he had fought last night. She couldn't believe that the man who slaughtered thousands of monsters overnight was the same man who carried her gently into her room last night.

-------


I tried to catch my breath as a grin appeared on my lips and cancelled my mana weapon. Even though I felt so tired and my wounds stung my body, I was glad I was able to finish this training ground overnight.
[All enemies have been defeated!]
[Level Up!]
[You are now Level 31. HP +50, Mana + 20, ATK and MATK + 5, DEF and SPD +2]
[You have earned a new title: Monster Killer. Killed more than 1000 monsters. HP + 40]
[HP: 1651/1750] [Mana: 700/700]
[ATK: 185]          [M.ATK: 185]
[SPD: 90]           [DEF: 90]
'Level 31 in one day. Not bad.' I just turned around and was about to take out my Health Potion and Stamina Potion, but I could see Eir and Evelina standing stiffly near the entrance. Their hands were ready to cast their skills on me.
'Ah, it's morning already.' My feet walked towards them casually since I could guess why they were shocked.
I stopped in front of them.
"How long do you want to stand like that?" I said as I held back my laughter at their shocked expressions.
They exchanged glances and cancelled their skills as they lowered their hands. I knew this was the first time someone had passed 30 levels overnight.
"After I take a bath, we'll have breakfast together. I have something to discuss," I said.
"Do I need to prepare the western bathroom?" asked Eir.
"There's no need. I'll take a bath in the Northern bathroom." The Northern bathroom was much more ordinary than the Western bathroom and it was the place where Argod used to bathe in.
"Yes, Your Majesty."

Dun forget to check out my Patreon~

Thank you for supporting me and this novel.

Patreon-members:

Tobias Alkblad, Joshua T O'brien, Everett Casaus, Fluffypoochi, Ethan Johnson, Russ Ah,Muttater, Lovely Lilangan, Ugo Jacquemin, merc8, francis Richard, Cameron Taylor, Joseph Bentley, Chriz1406, nolan nickel Berry, kayden duhaney, j0ntsa, Simon Lolk Behrens, Russell Davidson, HamDaniel, Daniel Mills, Brandon Bradley, regenschabe, NerdyClone, Casey E Maupin, Coen Breek, Pedro Sousa, Laplace End, Bodybags87, Zach Borer, Drabone, Lorenzo Ledezma, Deathgodly, Red Phoenix, Ascal, Schneedrache, Zero_deaths, Yeuromain, Anthony Gauthier, logan, Glenn Grogan, Gregory Lamberta, Dim Dolgopolov, Kiritsuke, Eddy Yeung, Anita Torres, Joshyxz., Enes, May Song, TheBroilern, Warwulfv, Broheam, Jay Owens, DemonRight27, James Cullen, Drunk Drag, dfektz, Dr.SF, christian Mordal Anderson, Jesus Hernandez, stalin see, Felix -Olivier, Mynamejeff, ThatOneGuy, Nicolli Elmore, Jordan Thompson, vokal dwayne, Kevin Tran, Sage Honos, bloodbane 21, Evzen Sichyokno, Triooo, Thomas Anderson, Stormrall, Ibrahima Diakhaté, Ignacio Azpíroz del Cuvillo, Jake Briese, Gabriel, BloodDragon, heller8284, Spycam, Justin Gamble, Cragen, Dylan, Mohannad Ali Alosaimi, Armod, RedWolf17, Jason Dionne, Jetdy S, nitrham, Dylan Hatch, Joe G, Zacary Thomas Dailey, Jonathan Bromilow, ghost750x, Aesop, Tamashii, Horst Reicht, Chris, Dave Arkad Caraqui-an, rusty Lewis, Sleay, Carlos Carballo, Jacob Weidner, Mark-A, Ray Brown, Cinnoé Smith, Panda Daoist, Maian, _Sup, Robbie stobie, Jay96, spiritjeppe, Thomas Anderson, Bärtsi, Grangel, Simon Preiß, Green3000, ThisClown, Shae D, Kyle, timothy Wickham, Ser, Tony Hart, Sam Ellis, Freddie, Killstroyer, Meanderaway, Acedia, Tanuki, Haarderade, joecifer, Jakub, Belduim, Nien78, Darth Melkor, The Tallest Joshua, Royce321, LORD SHAXX, Ynaxir, WiseRagnar, Drew, Dallas, TheMightOfTheMaster, Cody Givan, Fullmoon, saganatsu and I like books.

Thank you for reading!

Don't forget to click ❤️
My Patreon-page

My ko-fi page

My Discord

172