Chapter 25. Argod’s Determination
8.8k 3 157
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Dragon King's Harem Chapter 25. Argod's Determination
After the maids helped Evelina and me get dressed, we went to the dining hall. Where Eir and Sarah were waiting for us. I also ordered a guard to summon Al to have breakfast with us, but Eir said that Al was busy making potions and couldn't be disturbed or his potions would fail. Finally, I ordered Sarah to send his breakfast to his room. Besides that, before breakfast started, I also ordered Eir to take Igixar's map in my office. Since what I discussed later was related to that.
Weird yet fragrant dishes were placed in front of us one by one, some of them looked horrible with teeth and nails decoration, also a monster head in front of me. Unlike before, I already knew what to do with those bizarre dishes before me as my doubts in Igixar's food had completely disappeared. I could eat it no matter what it looked like. We finished our breakfast accompanied by small talk. Occasionally Sela's cute laughter was heard in the room, While Evelina was mostly silent. I didn't know what she was thinking but I guessed this was because she just found my essence absorption skill.
I put down my glass, indicating that I had finished my breakfast and took a silk napkin to clean my mouth. Swiftly, the servants tidied up the plates and cutlery.
Sarah bowed to me. 
"Do you want something else?" she asked politely.
I was just about to refuse it since I wanted to discuss my plan with the others but Sela raised her hand. 
"Can I get a Chimera Surprise?" Chimera Surprise was a special dessert which would emit colourful smoke that formed a small, tame chimera made of cotton candy that could move like a real chimera, except that it couldn't fly. This dessert was children's favourite because they could play with it before eating it.
"Would you like to eat it in the garden, Lady Sela?" asked Sarah.
"Alright," said Sela with a smile, she jumped down from her chair excitedly.
Seeing that neither of us moved from our position, Sela turned to me. 
"Your Majesty, are you not coming?"
"I'll catch up with you later. I want to discuss something with Eir and Evelina." Sela didn't know about it, so I wasn't confused by her request.
Sela objected but she finally agreed since she wanted to prepare a surprise for Argod in the garden. 
"Okay, I'll wait for you in the garden."
I answered with a nod.
After that she left with Sarah and the other servants, leaving the three of us behind. 
"Eir, take out the map."
Eir placed a rainbow coloured Crystal in the centre of the table. In an instant, the Crystal projected a large map of Igixar with cities, terrain and topography before us. I stretched out my hand to move the map to the territory I wanted before moving my hands in opposite directions, imitating the opening motion so I could see the area I wanted more clearly. My eyes traced several important locations as my brain searched in Argod's memories, no, not only Argod's but also his ancestors' memories to determine those sacred place locations. Yes, when I inherited Argod's memories, his ancestors' memories also entered my head, but what distinguishes them was only the important parts and royal memories that enter my head, not all of their memories. My brain was thinking hard to find the best route where I could take some important skills, especially important skills to beat Blaze Draco. As a Dragon King, fire elemental magic was very important. If I didn't take it soon, they would find out that I lost my power.
Seeing me in deep thought, Eir asked me. 
"What are you thinking, Your Majesty?"
I put my elbows on the table and my hands crossed in front of my chin. My eyes stared at the map in front of me in a serious gaze. 
"I want to visit sacred places," I said as a breath left my mouth.
"Do you wish to pray, Your Majesty?" asked Evelina. For others, the sacred place was just a place to pray.
"More or less," I replied. Essence Absorption skill for a sacred place used a magic formation and a ritual that were the same as a praying ritual so I could say they were similar.
"Why do you want to pray, Your Majesty?" asked Eir. Many sacred places were located in remote areas and they had to pass through places full of monsters. Apart from that all of those places were protected by a special force that covered the place and surrounding area like a living cloud which would mislead anyone who tried to enter from above. That's why when they entered a certain range they had to walk.
"I have to gather the elemental spirits' blessings," I replied. Every place had a spirit with a certain element, the spirit power was not as strong as the Legendary Beast, that's why they couldn't reveal themselves or had any consciousness but we could feel its existence. 
"I only have one week. I want to take as much as possible." My eyes kept moving from one point to another. Several places had appeared in my mind. This was something I had to determine myself since I was the only one who knew the skill.
Evelina, who had been looking at me, seemed to realize that this sacred place also had something to do with my essence absorption skill. 
"Where should we start, Your Majesty?" she asked.
Eir tapped his index finger below his lips as he thought. 
"Shall we start from the Dragonfire Desert, Your Majesty?" he said as he pointed to a red desert on the map. That place was the closest to Dragon Cross City, besides the monsters that surrounded that place wasn't as difficult as the others.
"No, we'll start here." My index finger pointed to a white place with Icicle Tundra written on it. That place was further away from Dragonfire Desert.
"Why did you choose there, Your Majesty?" asked Eir in confusion. The monsters residing in that place had higher levels, besides, without the ice element skill, Eir knew Argod had no ice resistance at all.
"I need its blessings to fight Blaze Draco," I said. Besides, there was another reason why I took this 'ice' path, it was the shortest route to reach the Black Grotto. Even though that place was scary and looked like a haunted cave, I needed that place's skill. Apart from that, I was able to pick up two other ice skills on my way, one was in the Glacier Temple and the other was in Ice Needle Forest.
Evelina and Eir were shocked at my words. 
"Your Majesty, do you plan to defeat Blaze Draco next week?" said Evelina in a worried tone.
"Less than a week," I corrected her words. All Legendary Beasts were level 100, with my current power it was impossible to fight them. But I had plans for this.
Eir and Evelina exchanged glances in shock and confusion, defeating a Legendary Beast in less than a week was impossible! Those strong beasts weren't called legendary beasts for nothing, but because of their strength!
Eir leaned his body forward and looked at me in objection. His forehead creased in worry.
"Your Majesty, please think carefully. Don't push yourself too hard. I know restoring your power is important but your safety is more important," he said in an emphatic tone. I knew he was very worried about me.
"Calm down, I know where my limits are. I won't fight Blaze Draco if I'm not ready," I said calmly. Fighting against Legendary Beasts was different from fighting with ordinary monsters or other people. Since I had to beat it alone, if someone helped me, I would be lost right away and my contract would fail.
Evelina looked at me with worry, especially after remembering our previous conversation. 
"Your Majesty ... If it's because of Uraugh ... You don't need ----"
I raised my hand, stopping her words and turned to her. 
"It's not because of you or Uraugh. I'm just doing my duty and returning my honour. If Igixar fell into chaos during my reign, doesn't that mean I bring shame to my ancestors?" Actually protecting Evelina and her tribes was one of the reasons why I was doing this. Because I remembered, the Orc tribe element was earth and its weakness was fire element. With Blaze Draco, even if I had to face Uraugh with this great level difference, I still had a chance to win.
Evelina lowered her head silently.
While I turned to Eir. 
"I'm thinking of taking you and Evelina. Tell Al to prepare the potions for our departure tomorrow. And keep our departure a secret, also summon Chancellor Alan to my office this afternoon."
"Yes, Your Majesty." Eir got up from his chair and bowed before walking to the exit.
157