Chapter 27. Bad News
8.1k 3 149
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Dragon King's Harem Chapter 27. Bad News
Al took a seat near me. Meanwhile, Evelina was about to get off my lap, but I pulled her waist, stopping her.
"Where are you going?" I said with a seductive smirk.
Evelina smiled shyly.
"Aren't you going to discuss with Sir Almeric? I don't want to bother you," she said with a flushed face.
A chuckle came out of my mouth.
"But I never asked you to leave. I still can discuss with him, though you're here." My hand held her waist tighter.
Evelina's heart was beating even faster. Previously, she was used to accompanying Argod to discuss, but not in this position. Somehow this embarrassed her, although only in front of Al, who was Argod's confidant.
"Yes, Your Majesty," she replied shyly.
Meanwhile, Argod's attitude also made Al quite surprised, since he clearly remembered how Argod treated all women before, including Evelina. But he guessed it because his curse was gone.
'At least this is better than seeing him in constant pain because of the curse,' thought Al. Then he cleared his throat and put a potion bottle with a sarcoline coloured liquid in it.
"Behold for my newest creation! The greatest super magnificent glorious potion that can boost up your level and strength!"
As Al babbled his long name potion, I used my skill.
'Analyze!'
[Name: Double EXP Potion]
[Type: EXP Item]
[Special potion made from Ishofeuil and Okkeagon Herbs that can increase the user's EXP by 2 times for 60 minutes.]
[Maker: Almeric Griga Bevier]
"Do you mean Double EXP Potion?" I said straight to the point.
Al pressed his lips since that was what the potion was for.
"Well --- you can call it that or ... you can call it the greatest super magnificent glorious---"
But I quickly raised my hand to stop his babbling.
"I think I will call it Double EXP Potion," I said politely. I knew it was his creation, but I preferred a short name so I could take it from my inventory more easily.
Al pouted like a child at my words. While Evelina lifted her hand elegantly to cover her giggles.
"Did you meet me just to deliver this potion?" I asked. I noticed Al's pale face because he was not sleeping all night, he should go to sleep after making this potion. After all, delivering this potion was not an urgent matter.
After hearing my words, Al's face turned serious and Evelina stopped her giggles.
"No. I also want to report an important matter to you." His tone which had been cheerful also turned serious.
I knew Argod and Al had a quite strange relationship for a king and his subordinates. Al had a childish attitude. Meanwhile, though Argod was a king, he could balance Al's childish attitude while maintaining his dignity. Also, Argod was more like a father to Al although Al was older than him. On the other hand, when they had to be serious, their attitude would change drastically. Even Al could know Argod's order only from a little gesture from him.
"Say it," I said. From Al's expression, I could tell this wasn't good news.
Al glanced at Evelina, showing this had something to do with her. I quickly guessed this was either about the Healer Tribe or the Orc Tribe. I glanced at Evelina briefly as my mind entered into consideration before returning my gaze to Al.
"It's fine, just say it," I said. Evelina was my wife. With Mark of Bride, she would not be able to betray me, after all, she had the right to know about this. Also, with her knowledge, she could give some suggestions for me.
Al sighed since he knew that sooner or later Evelina would also find this out.
"I just got word from one of my spies that The Orc King has prepared his army and he's about to make his move."
Evelina's face turned pale after hearing Al's words. Her heart skipped a beat. While I remained calm.
"Who's his target?" I asked. Even though I guessed he would attack here, he could attack the Healer Tribe first. My hand held Evelina's hand gently to calm her down, telling me that I was with her.
"Draconis. Looks like they want to join the Minotaur Tribe who attacked the western border. Based on my spy's information, they only need one more week," replied Al in a serious tone, indicating this really worried him.
According to my estimation, if Uraugh moved his army next week, then he would arrive at the western border in two weeks. It gave me enough time to gather my strength first. Besides that, Minotaurs and Orcs both had the same mana element, earth. It means that the most important thing was that I had to make a contract with Blaze Draco. But ...
"The Minotaur Tribe is attacking our western border? Why didn't anyone tell me beforehand?" I said with a frown.
Al pressed his lips, so did Evelina. Looks like they knew about this but couldn't report it to me after they found out about my condition. And I guessed Eir did it for the same reason. I exhaled once again since I was quite annoyed with this. I knew they did it for me, mainly because of my condition, but I didn't want them to cover up the harsh reality from me.
"Tell me. Is there anything important other than the Minotaur Tribe and Orc Tribe's attacks?" I asked firmly.
Al looked hesitant to convey it, but finally, he opened his voice.
"The Witch Tribe has sent their delegations to check on you for the past few years. It seems this has something to do with the king's decision regarding our alliance and about his youngest daughter, Princess Thiphania." I could notice traces of anger in Al's voice when he mentioned the Witch Tribe royal family.
Maybe it looked trivial, but this was a very serious problem. Previously, they could refuse the Witch Tribe delegation for my safety reason, but I was awake now. If I avoided them, it only made them even more suspicious about my condition. And also, one more thing that confused me ...
"Princess Thiphania?" I asked. I could understand why the Witch King wanted to check on me. He wanted to confirm whether our alliance was still in his favour or not. But Argod had never dealt with the Witch Tribe's princesses before.
"Princess Thiphania has turned 180 years old, Your Majesty," Al reminded me.
"I see ..." Without further explanation, I already understood his point. According to Igixar's rules, 180 years was a sufficient age for a woman to marry. Of course, since Princess Thiphania was the youngest, the Witch King wouldn't waste it. He would look for the strongest Tribe's leader to make sure his tribe was safe from other tribe attacks.
"Is there anything else?" I asked again.
"Only those two things that require your attention, Your Majesty," replied Al. Actually, there were still Undead Tribe's suspicious movements, but it had been a month since they calmed down.
"Is it true that you will go to pray tomorrow?" he asked again. Al had heard this from Eir and he disagreed with this. With dangers everywhere, if they found Argod visiting sacred places, they could trap him there.
"Yes. I need their blessings to restore my power," I replied. Even though the real Argod kept this a secret from Al, he already found out about my condition last night.
"Take me with you," said Al. He had sworn his loyalty and swore to himself to pay for his debt to Argod. This was a perfect time to pay for it.
"No. I need you to look after this place during my absence," I said. I knew Chancellor Alan had taken care of the government affairs and what I needed to do was check it, but I needed Al to take care of unpredictable things like this.
"But, Your Majesty ... They could have trapped and attacked you in one of those places," Al insisted.
"That's why I ordered it to be kept a secret," I replied.
"Even if you keep it a secret, your people will recognize you, Your Majesty," Al insisted again. Although Argod could cover the tattoo on his neck, there was only one dragon in this tribe who had horns.
"I will not spend the night in the city or the village, or pass by them. I plan to fly and spend the night in the forest." I had thought about this carefully, including where we should spend the night. I knew some forests were inhabited by low-level monsters, that's why I had decided my route so we could spend the night there.
"Wha--" Al was speechless for a moment as he tried to find other words.
"Your Majesty, are you insane?" His eyes were on mine filled with worry. I knew he was shocked since even though I was a king, yet I was planning to sleep in the forest.
"Yes, I am," I replied firmly. I had thought about this well, that's why I brought Evelina and Eir.
149