Chapter 28. Excessive Worries
8.3k 4 149
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Dragon King's Harem Chapter 28. Excessive Worries
"Your Majesty ..." Evelina's soft voice dissolved the tension between me and Al. I took a deep breath to calm myself down before turning to her. 
"Did I scare you?" I asked in a calmer voice.
"No. But I think Sir Almeric is just worried about you," Evelina tried to calm me down.
"I know," I said as I returned my gaze to Al, who was still staring at me in objection. It was his excessive worry that bothered me, it disturbing my pride to be precise, though I understood his reason.
"Your Majesty, if you want to increase your strength, you should complete the training ground first," Al reasoned. That's why he made that Double EXP Potion. So that Argod could increase his level faster on the training ground. After all, it was safer than travelling in dangerous times like this.
I let out a slight chuckle accompanied by a confident smirk. 
"Didn't Eir tell you? I completed the training ground last night."
Al frowned in shock mixed with disbelief. 
"Your Majesty ... You're kidding, right?" An awkward smile on his face since he didn't know I was joking or serious.
I released Evelina's hand as I leaned my body towards him. My other hand pulled Evelina's body closer to me, making her breasts almost touch me. 
"Do I look like I'm kidding?" I asked in a serious tone. My eyes on Al's.
Al knew Argod was not kidding but completing 30 levels in one day sounded impossible. He turned to Evelina, looking for an answer from her and she answered with a nod which indicated that Argod didn't mess with his words. 
"Wha-?" Again, he was speechless. He didn't think Argod could be this fast. Al sighed, trying to get rid of the rest of his worry. 
'Looks like I doubt him too much.' Al realized, after all, Argod was a Dragon King, his strength, speed and fighting ability exceeded anyone in Igixar, plus the curse had disappeared from his body. 
'Could it be because he has broken the curse?' thought Al. Apart from the first Dragon King who defeated the Dark Lord, his descendants carried the curse from birth. That curse should have had an impact on his power development since it was acting like a parasite which was trying to take over its host's body.
"But I can't allow you to sleep in the forest, Your Majesty," said Al again. Sleeping in the forest was not something a respectable person like Argod should do.
I frowned and was quite shocked by Al's words since he had never said this kind of thing to Argod before. 
"I don't need your permission to do it," I said in a displeased tone. Limiting the king's authority was presumptuous.
But Al replied to me with a smirk as he put another potion on the table. The potion bottle's bottom was shaped like a pyramid with a yellow liquid inside. 
"If you can sleep in the inn, why do you have to sleep in the forest?" he said confidently.
My eyes were fixed on that strange potion as I used my skill. 
'Analyze!'
[Name: Tonic of Camouflage] 
[Type: Usable Item] 
[Special potion made from Fijupara and Acrio Spore that can disguise the user. This potion effect can be cancelled using dispel skill or a neutralizer] 
[Maker: Almeric Griga Bevier]
"You can use this to hide your horns, Your Majesty," Al emphasized the reason why he gave the potion to me.
My smirk appeared. 
"I see ..." This would be very useful for me, moreover, neutralizer was very easy to get since it was a common potion which was used to cure low and medium level poison as well as to heal some negative statuses. 
"Then I will try this potion this afternoon after I take care of my business with Chancellor Allan and General Guillotine." I decided to discuss the western border defence as soon as possible with General Guillotine, the great General of the Dragon Tribe, as well as preparing reinforcement to greet the Orc Tribe, especially regarding the worst possibility where I had to join them in the battlefield. I turned to Al. 
"I hope you can join me to discuss this matter this afternoon."
Al lowered his head. 
"Yes, Your Majesty."
"Do you want to visit somewhere, Your Majesty?" guessed Evelina.
"Yes," I said. Then I turned to Evelina. 
"Dragonfire Desert, I want to visit that place today." I decided to change my plans after hearing about the western border's attack and decided to use my time as effectively as possible. After all, according to my calculations, if I didn't need to avoid cities and villages, it would only take me 2 hours to reach that place with a Yegaun. Yegaun was a monster that was shaped like half-lion and half-wolf which was the size of an adult rhino. Usually, this monster was used as the soldier's mount. Instead of flying, by using Al's Tonic of Camouflage, I could get to that place by road and level up by killing the monsters along the way.
"Isn't that too fast? Didn't you just complete the training ground?" said Evelina with worry. She knew that Argod had not slept all night, she was afraid his condition would get worse again. Besides, at least Argod should prepare his conditions for his trip tomorrow.
I shifted my hand on the back of Evelina's head and pulled it to me, placing her head on my shoulder. 
"It's fine. I'll take a rest after accompanying Sela to play," I calmed her down, my hand stroking her hair. As my level got higher, my stamina was also getting higher and it regenerated faster. Previously, except great stamina, Argod regeneration speed that was faster than mine but the curse slowed it down. Sometimes it even prevented him from regenerating.
"As expected from our king." A grin appeared on Al's face as his worry disappeared.
"Has Eir conveyed my order?" I asked as I returned my gaze to Al.
"Yes. I will prepare it immediately, Your Majesty," replied Al in a relaxed tone, indicating that he was no longer worried or doubting me.
"Do you need some help for it?" I asked. I needed a large amount of those potions, so my request might be troublesome.
He rolled his eyes to the side with a nonchalant expression. 
"No thanks. I don't want other people messing up my work."
"Well, I entrust this to you. Is there anything you want to say again?" I asked.
"Nothing, Your Majesty," replied Al.
"Very well." I stretched my hand forward. 
'Take all items.' The potions glowed, a second later they disappeared as an announcement appeared before me.
[Tonic of Camouflage X1 has been added to your inventory.] 
[Double EXP Potion X 1 has been added to your inventory.] 
[Map Crystal X1 has been added to your inventory.]
Then I turned to Evelina who snuggled comfortably on my shoulder. 
"Shall we go to the garden?" I said with a smile.
"Of course, Your Majesty," replied Evelina with a smile. And she got off my lap.
I stood up from my chair as I turned to Al. 
"Get some rest. We'll discuss this in my office later. Also, tell General Guillotine to see me with you this afternoon."
"Yes, Your Majesty," Al bowed his head as Evelina and I walked towards the exit.


Dun forget to check out my Patreon~

Thank you for supporting me and this novel.

Patreon-members:
Thevasenan Thevanesan, unknown, CopeyDunt, Hybris, Stephen White,Trevor Martinez, Logan, shawn plumley, Matt, Ege, Ethan Hand, Sebastian, steven jaco, colin love, Coheed27, Daniel, SupremoCourt, Ethan Chen, Tobias Alkblad, Joshua T O'brien, Everett Casaus, Fluffypoochi, Ethan Johnson, Russ Ah, merc8, francis Richard, Cameron Taylor, Chriz1406, nolan nickelBerry, kayden duhaney, Russell Davidson, HamDaniel, Daniel Mills, Brandon Bradley, regenschabe, Casey E Maupin, Pedro Sousa, Laplace End, Bodybags87, Zach Borer, Drabone, Lorenzo Ledezma, Deathgodly, Red Phoenix, Ascal, Schneedrache, Zero_deaths, Yeuromain, Anthony Gauthier, logan, Glenn Grogan, Gregory Lamberta, Dim Dolgopolov, Eddy Yeung, Anita Torres, May Song, TheBroilern, Warwulfv, Jay Owen, DemonRight27, James Cullen, Drunk Drag, dfektz, Dr.SF, Jesus Hernandez, stalin see, Mynamejeff, ThatOneGuy, Jordan Thompson, vokal dwayne, Kevin Tran, bloodbane 21, Triooo, Thomas Anderson, Stormrall, Ignacio Azpíroz del Cuvillo, Jake Briese, Gabriel, BloodDragon, heller8284, Spycam, Locke039, Cragen, Dylan, Armod, RedWolf17, Jason Dionne, Jetdy S, Dylan Hatch, Joe G, Zacary Thomas Dailey, Jonathan Bromilow, ghost750x, Aesop, Tamashii, Horst Reicht, Chris, Dave Arkad Caraqui-an, rusty Lewis, Sleay, Jacob Weidner, Mark-A, Ray Brown, Cinnoé Smith, Panda Daoist, Maian, _Sup, Robbie stobie, Jay96, Thomas Anderson, Bärtsi, Grangel, Green3000, ThisClown, Shae D, Kyle, timothy Wickham, Ser, Tony Hart, Sam Ellis, Freddie, Meanderaway, Acedia, Tanuki, Haarderade, joecifer, Jakub, Belduim, Nien78, Darth Melkor, The Tallest Joshua, Royce321, LORD SHAXX, Nemorus, Ynaxir, WiseRagnar, Dallas, TheMightOfTheMaster, Cody Givan, Fullmoon, saganatsu and I like books

Thank you for reading!

Don't forget to click ❤️


149