Chapter 29. Sela’s Confusion
7.8k 4 146
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Dragon King's Harem Chapter 29. Sela's Confusion
"Why His Majesty hasn't come yet ..." muttered Sela without enthusiasm. Currently, she was sitting with her back leaned to the large pillar near the garden to hide herself. Her eyes looked up at Igizar's clear morning sky with a few clouds in it. Several green wyverns flew around. It was the tamed wyverns that protected and watched Dragon Cross City from the sky. Her hands hugged her legs that bent in front of her. She had finished eating her chimera surprise and had also prepared several 'traps' or rather fireworks that would automatically explode after Argod and Evelina stepped on it. It was a magic firework that could be used at any time, including in a bright sky like this.
"Be patient Lady Sela, perhaps His Majesty is still discussing with Sir Almeric," said Sarah who was standing beside her. As usual, she was always calm.
Sela turned to Sarah.
"Discussing with Sir Almeric?" she asked with a frown.
"Yes, I saw Sir Almeric come in hurry into the dining hall earlier."
"Did something happen?" asked Sela worriedly. She knew Al was a Royal Magician who was also in charge of spying other kingdoms. She also knew how the Draconis Empire's situation after Argod fell asleep. That's also why she spent so much time on developing traps. She did this just in case Draconis had a war with another tribe while Argod had not yet awakened from his sleep.
"I don't know. I could only hope that there was no bad news for His Majesty." Even though Sarah looked calm, a trace of worry still lingered in her tone. She didn't say anything, but actually, she was also worried about Argod after she found out that he spent the night at the training ground.
"Sela also hopes everything will be alright..." she muttered. She looked at the garden which was dominated by shady green and purple trees with beautiful flowers in between. Purple crystals were also between it. It served as a lighting and automatic barrier in case of a sudden attack from the air since this garden was in an open space. So I could say that even though the Crimson Flame Palace looked elegant and beautiful, this Palace actually was a strong fortress since protection crystals, attack towers were everywhere.
As Sela's eyes stared at the garden, her mind began to sink into her thoughts. Her guilt began to penetrate her heart. She realized that she had acted inappropriately in front of Argod just because she was jealous of Evelina. Although she finally felt relieved after confessing her feelings and glad that Argod accepted her, now, she wondered. Did Argod only accept her out of pity? Or because he felt sorry for her? Was Argod's feelings for her a love for a woman? Or was it sibling love? Besides, since she was too overwhelmed after hearing that Evelina was already his wife, she had forgotten something important. Argod had just woken up from his sleep, yet Sela was already making trouble for him.
'Why is Sela so stupid? Sela shouldn't have done that to His Majesty ... Instead of causing trouble to His Majesty, Sela should help him like Evelina... '
She lowered her head and hugged her legs even tighter.
"Sarah ... Is Sela selfish?" she asked apologetically.
Sarah turned to her in confusion.
"What do you mean, Lady Sela?"
Sela clenched her hands tightly.
"Sela has just confessed to His Majesty and because of that, he is willing to make Sela his wife. Do you think Sela is selfish?"
"Wouldn't it be great if His Majesty was willing to take you as his wife? What makes you sad?" Sarah replied.
"Sela feels that His Majesty said it out of pity for Sela ..." She lowered her head and hid it between her knees.
"I want His Majesty to make Sela his wife because he loves Sela ..."
Sarah was silent since she was also not sure about Argod's feelings for Sela.
"I believe His Majesty has his own considerations for this," she replied. She said this because she remembered how Argod treated Evelina yesterday. How His Majesty carried her out of the bathroom to her room was also how he looked at her gently. Sarah believed this was not only related to Argod's Dragon instinct but also because he also started to open his heart for love.
"Sela knows ... But Sela shouldn't have acted like that." She sighed.
"Sela feels like a fool ..."
Sarah looked down and smiled. Her hand gently stroked Sela's hair.
"Lady Sela ... Haven't you been accompanying His Majesty for a long time? You should already know His Majesty's attitude." Although Argod was always cold if he didn't like something he would say it directly. Of course, except for aristocracy and politics' matters. He also never accepted someone carelessly, even the people who received his Mark of Servant were not just anyone.
Sela lifted her head to face Sarah.
"Sela knows but... Sela is still afraid," she said.
"Lady Sela, you shouldn't be afraid of uncertain things. I think you were just too shocked since His Majesty's attitude has changed after he woke up," said Sarah. To be honest, it wasn't only Sela who was shocked, but also she, Eir, Al, Evelina and the other officials. But they didn't think this change was a bad thing. Argod needed a successor besides that his attitude also became much warmer after he woke up. Wasn't that a good thing? The only thing that worries her was, Argod pushed himself too hard lately.
Sarah's words made Sela realize what confused her, also what made her recklessly to confess in front of Argod like before.
'Sarah is right ... Maybe Sela just felt confused by His Majesty's attitude. '
"If you have any doubts, you should ask His Majesty, I'm sure he will answer it," Sarah added.
Sela smiled and nodded. Somehow Sarah's words calmed her down. Argod was a reasonable person, he always made his decision carefully. So was his decision to take her as his wife.

----------

I stepped down the luxury red corridor towards the garden with Evelina at my side and the guards behind me.
Evelina glanced back to make sure we were still far away from the guards before bringing herself closer to me.
"Your Majesty, are you sure you will go to Dragonfire Desert today?" asked Evelina in a low voice. Her tone sounded worried.
I turned to her as a breath escaped my mouth.
"Calm down, I know where my limit is, I won't do anything stupid," I calmed her down.
"After all, didn't you check on me before?"
Evelina was silent for a while before speaking again.
"I know I shouldn't be like this, but I can't help myself worrying about you," she said guiltily.
I knew why Evelina said that. Fighting monsters in their habitat was very different from fighting them on the training ground. The training ground environment was just a large, spacious room with no place to hide. The monsters could not disguise themselves with the surrounding environment, unlike wild monsters that could hide and attack from anywhere. Also in the training ground, each level contained only one type of monster. While in the wild, it could be several types of monsters, attacking me at the same time.
I turned to her.
"You don't have to worry about it. What I need right now is your support. I told you I'm not a weak man," I emphasized once again. In fact, I saw a trip to the Dragonfire Desert as my chance to gauge my abilities in the wild. To me, a beast in a cage was not a true beast. I had measured my abilities in the training ground, I thought this was the right time I tested out my abilities in the wild.
Evelina pressed her lips and lowered her head.
"Forgive me..."
I held her hand and she turned to me since she didn't expect my gentle gesture.
"I'm your husband. You should believe in me. "
She stared at me for a moment before a smile appeared on her face.
"I trust you, Your Majesty ..."
"Then, stop worrying about me. I'm fine," I said with a gentle smile.
She nodded to answer me.
146