Chapter 30. Love Expression
8.5k 27 150
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Dragon King's Harem Chapter 30. Love Expression
As our feet stepped, the red corridor turned into an opened corridor. The sunlight that had previously come from the window, now shone on us directly, followed by the gentle morning breeze combing my hair. I slowed my pace and stopped as I swept my gaze around me but I couldn't find Sela, only Sarah and a few maids standing by the garden.
'Is she mad for waiting too long?' I thought. Indeed, I discussed so many things with Eir earlier, nor did I expect Al to come. In the end, Evelina and I took a lot longer than I thought.
"I wonder if she's back in her room?" said Evelina. Her eyes also looked around her, looking for Sela.
"Should we look for her?" she said as she turned to me.
But before I answered, Sarah walked over to us and bowed.
"Your Majesty, since you have arrived. How about you take a walk first?"
"Do you know where Sela is?" I asked Sarah.
"She will come soon, Your Majesty," replied Sarah with a polite nod.
"Is she mad at us?" asked Evelina.
Sarah shook her head side to side.
"She has prepared something for you, Your Majesty."
"Very well." At least, I knew Sela wasn't mad. I extended my hand to Evelina, asking her to hold mine.
"Shall we take a walk?" I asked. I remembered that Argod often spent his time walking in this garden alone and refused anyone who wanted to accompany him, including Evelina. I knew it made her sad, so I decided to make her dream come true.
"With pleasure, Your Majesty." Evelina took my hand with a smile.
We had just taken a few steps to enter the garden but suddenly a magic formation glowed in red formed under my feet and the sky in the garden was covered with dark clouds.
'A trap ?!' Reflexively, I pulled Evelina closer and stretched out my hand.
'Mana Barrier!'
A transparent dome protected me and Evelina.
[A barrier has been formed.]
At the same time, the magic formation launched something and exploded in the sky.
- Boom! - Boom! - Boom!
Various colours of fireworks shot up into the sky. And after the fireworks exploded it didn't disappear but turned into small lights like fireflies hovering over me.
I lowered my hand, cancelled my Mana Barrier and let the fireflies approach me. My eyes looked at it in amazement as well as Evelina. It was so magical that I couldn't even find it in my memory.
"Do you like it, Your Majesty?" Sela's voice came from my side.
I turned to her. Sela looked a lot calmer than when she barged into the bathroom.
"Is this one of your creations?" I asked as I returned to my composure.
She smiled proudly.
"Of course." Then she glanced around, looking at the fireflies that filled the garden. She lifted her hands slowly, letting one of those tiny lights carefully land on her palms. The tiny light turned into a red flame typical of the Dragon Tribe's magic power in her hands. But even though the fire looked fierce, I knew it was an illusion.
"Sela has been preparing this for a long time for you." Then she turned to me and gave the fire to me.
"Because Your Majesty is an important person to Sela."
I stretched out my hand and Sela put the fire onto my palm. My eyes stared at the flames that slowly turned into a small fire dragon that flew from my hand. After that, in an instant, the fireflies around us turned into small dragons that flew into the sky.
I returned my gaze to the sky. Slowly the dark clouds that covered the sky above the Crimson Flame Palace disappeared because of the bright light from the dragons, making me think of the real Argod who gave me a second chance and sacrificed his life to break the curse. There was sadness and anger in my heart since the dragon king himself finally couldn't escape from his tragic fate. That's why no matter what, I decided to give my best to keep what he trusted in me. I clenched my fists as my eyes stared at the dark clouds in the sky which were replaced by the beautiful soft purple morning sky.
'I promise I won't disappoint you. I will take good care of Draconis and protect Igixar well. Thank you for giving me this chance...' As the sky got clearer, I noticed several Wyverns flying over the Palace with their eyes fixed on us restlessly because of that strange phenomenon. I whistled in a long certain tone which was answered with their shriek. After they received my orders that there was nothing to worry about here they returned to patrolling the city skies.
Sela approached me and held my other hand, making me turn to her.
"Your Majesty, may Sela ask you something?"
"Say it," I said.
"How do you feel about Sela? Are you willing to make Sela your wife out of pity?" she asked in hesitation.
I removed my hand from her and shifted it to pat her head gently.
"The reason I make you my wife is the same reason I make Evelina my wife. I want to protect you from this world," I said. Igixar was not a friendly world for women, that's why the men's role was very important for them, though many women had qualities above men.
"That's why I will legalize your status. That way your tribe won't be able to use your family's sin to order you to come back," I added.
With Sela's current status, even though Sela was an exile, if something happened to Draconis, her tribe could ask Sela to come back with the reason that they didn't want her to interfere in this war. At that time, even if Sela refused, the Dwarf King had the authority to take her by force. If I refused it, then I would have to duel his delegation to prove that I was able to protect Sela, and with my current strength, I wanted to avoid clashing with other tribes as much as I could. Because even if I won, they might realize that I was weakened and that would be a problem for me. Whereas I also couldn't use Mark of Servant as I did to Al on her.
There were several conditions for me to give someone Mark of Servant. The first was, that person had to give me his loyalty willingly. And the second was, Mark of Servant could only be done on men or married women. Whereas I could only give Mark of Bride to unmarried women. That's why Sela didn't have a Mark of Servant.
"The same as the reason as Evelina?" asked Sela in confusion.
I moved my hand from Sela, grabbed Evelina and hugged her with one of my hands.
"Ah!" Evelina startled as she fell in my embrace, her hands on my chest. My eyes on her.
"Isn't that the best way to prove my sincerity?" I said with a smile. Then I turned to Evelina.
"What do you think?"
Evelina was silent for a while with a flushed face, holding her pounding heart. She couldn't deny, there was no better love expression from a man than willing to make the woman he loves his wife. She smiled at me.
"I agree with His Majesty. There is no better love expression than a man's sincerity to make the woman his wife. That way she will get the full right of his protection. Also his affection... "
Sela's face brightened instantly.
"You're right ..." A smile appeared on her lips as her doubt disappeared.


Dun forget to check out my Patreon~

Thank you for supporting me and this novel.

Patreon-members:
andrew murry, VoidStar, Od-Man, Randall Jones, Andrew Desmond,Cbnr2336,Rikashi Shiarimoto,Skyler Ting,Thevasenan Thevanesan,unknown,CopeyDunt,Hybris,Stephen White,Trevor Martinez,Logan,shawn plumley,Ege,colin love, Coheed27, Draxisaur4, Ethan chen,Tobias Alkblad, Joshua T O'Brien, Everett Casaus, Fluffypoochi, Ethan Johnson, Russ Ah,merc8, francis richard, Cameron Taylor, nolan nickelberry, Simon Lolk Behrens, Russell Davidson, HamDaniel, Daniel Mills, Brandon Bradley, regenschabe, Casey E Maupin, Pedro Sousa, Laplace End, Bodybags87, Torrinth, Drabone, Lorenzo Ledezma, Deathgodly, Red Phoenix, Ascal ,Schneedrache,Zero_deaths, Yeuromain, Anthony Gauthier, logan, Glenn Grogan, Gregory Lamberta, Dim Dolgopolov, Eddy Yeung, Anita Torres, May Song, TheBroilern, Warwulfv, Jay Owen, DemonRight27, James Cullen, Drunk Drag, dfektz, Dr.SF, Jesus Hernandez, stalin see, Mynamejeff, ThatOneGuy, Jordan Thompson, vokal dwayne, Kevin Tran, bloodbane 21, Triooo, Thomas Anderson, Stormrall, Ignacio Azpíroz del Cuvillo, Jake Briese, Gabriel, BloodDragon, heller8284, Spycam, Locke039, Cragen, Dylan, Armod, RedWolf17, Jason Dionne, Jetdy S, Dylan Hatch, Joe G, Zacary Thomas Dailey, Jonathan Bromilow, ghost750x, Aesop, Tamashii, Horst Reicht, Chris, Dave Arkad Caraqui-an, rusty Lewis, Sleay, Jacob Weidner, Mark-A, Ray Brown, Cinnoé Smith, Panda Daoist, Maian, _Sup, Robbie stobie, Jay96, Thomas Anderson, Bärtsi, Grangel, Green3000, ThisClown, Shae D, Kyle, timothy Wickham, Ser, Tony Hart, Sam Ellis, Freddie, Meanderaway, Acedia, Tanuki, Haarderade, joecifer, Jakub, Belduim, Nien78, Darth Melkor, The Tallest Joshua, Royce321, LORD SHAXX, Nemorus, Ynaxir, WiseRagnar, Dallas, TheMightOfTheMaster, Cody Givan, Fullmoon, saganatsu and I like books

Thank you for reading!

Don't forget to click ❤️


150