Chapter 45. Dragonfire Desert I
5.1k 5 106
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Dragon King's Harem Chapter 45. Dragonfire Desert I

"GROOOARRRRR!" An angry roar sounded loudly from three Korrodoo, huge giant black lizard-shaped monsters with the size of two big elephants that dashed to me. Their mouths were slightly ajar, exposing their sharp teeth at us. His long poisonous tongues were ready to stick out to catch anyone within its range and swallowed it. His feet, which were covered with sharp nails, moved swiftly, stomping the short green blue grass all around us. The heavy stomping sound came every time its feet stomped the ground.

[Name: Korrodoo]
[Level 41]
[Type: Brute]
[Element: Earth]
[Speed: Normal]
[HP: 577/577]
[Mana: 164/164]
[ATK: 328]
[M.ATK: 65]
[DEF: 123]
[Skills: Sharp Bite, Poison Tongue, Poison Claw]

I knew the monsters were above my level, but rather than running away or dodging, I spurred my Yegaun and ran straight towards it. The warm wind brushed my face and ruffled my hair since my hood was open. Even though my eyes were fixed on those monsters, every now and then, I checked my surroundings with my Dragon Vision, making sure the monsters that were watching me didn't move from their place. I could say this skill was very useful for me since I could detect all the enemies around me, even if they hid behind rocks, trees, in the ground or even try to attack me from the air since the skill showed their position as if I was using infrared goggles. Not only that, I could even detect the monsters' level and type that were hiding around me.

"Evelina!" I ordered without taking my eyes off those monsters.

My voice dissolved Evelina's thoughts who had been staring at me in amazement. Since even though we had encountered a lot of monsters and passed through this savanna for an hour, I hadn't slowed down my Yegaun or stopped. I kept moving forward like a jockey spurred his horse at a horserace. She directed her staff to me who was not far ahead of her.

[Evelina Lavinia Iaoth gave you Power Boost!]
[Your ATK and MATK have increased by 100%]
[Evelina Lavinia Iaoth gave you Accelerate!]
[Your SPD has increased by 100%]

At the same time, I recast my other skills.

'Adrenaline Surge! Dragon Armor! '

[Adrenaline Surge has been activated.]
[Dragon Armor has been activated.]
[Power Boost has been activated.]
[Accelerate has been activated.]

[ATK: 200 + 100+ 200]
[M.ATK: 200 + 100 +200]
[DEF: 96 + 48]
[SPD: 96 + 48 +96]
[Time remaining: 14:56]

Then I used my Mana Weapon.
'All Weapons!'

This time the weapons didn't appear in my hands, but they appeared at my sides and were floating in the mid-air since I controlled them with my telekinetic skill. While my Gauntlet covered my hands up to my shoulders.

[7 Weapons are in your control. ]

I swung my hand forward and the weapons launched towards the front monster. While my bazooka and revolvers fired by themselves.

Seeing my attack, the monster tried to ward it off by moving his tongue to repel it. I smirked, my hand moved to control my weapons as my other hand held the reins. My weapons dodged it and flew away before sliding back at him. At the same time, my bazooka's bullet landed on his foot, causing him to stop and fall. His blood, which was in disgustingly green colour, streamed down to the grass below.

[You have shot a Korrodoo for 387 HP.]
[A Korrodoo is in heavy bleeding effect.]
[Its HP will decrease by 5 points per second]
[Its Speed will decrease by 80%.]

While the monster managed to block two of my revolvers' shots with his tongue. Then I moved my hand downwards, controlling my other weapons to stab his body from behind.

[Overkill!]
[You have cut a Korrodoo for 377 HP]
[You have cut a Korrodoo for 366 HP]
[You have cut a Korrodoo for 361 HP]
[You have cut a Korrodoo for 371 HP]

The monster died, but his friend charged in from behind and trampled it nonchalantly.
"GROOOARRRRR!" Quickly, those monsters ran toward me.

Without wasting time, I reached out to them and used my other skill.
'Blazing Orb!'

Thirty-four reddish-orange fireballs with dense energy swirling in them appeared before me and as I moved my hand, those orbs rushed towards one of the monsters like a bunch of cannonballs.

The monster tried to dodge, even brushed my orbs off with his tongue and tail, but in vain. Like my Mana Weapon skill, I controlled the orbs with my telekinetic skill, causing them to fly around it like naughty fireflies and avoiding the attacks. Then in one fell swoop, I dropped the orbs on that monster. Even though it managed to dodge half of it, it couldn't avoid the others.

[Elemental Critical Hit!]
[Overkill!]
[You have shot a Korrodoo for 377 HP] X12
(Blazing Orb's damage is only half of Argod's attack damage, but it counts as 2X because the earth element is weak with the fire element)

In an instant, the flames devoured the monster's body and only extinguished after its body turned to ashes.

The last Korrodoo lunged at me. Since I was about to enter its attack range, I controlled my weapons with my telekinetic again.

- Bang! - Bang!

Even though he managed to ward off my bazooka's bullet, one of my revolver's bullets managed to land in his eye.

[You have shot a Korrodoo for 387 HP.]

"GROOOOAAAARRR !!" He screamed in pain and went on a rampage. His eyes were closed and green blood flowed from there.

[A Korrodoo is in bleeding effect.]
[Its Sight will decrease by 50%]
[Its HP will decrease by 2 points per second]

Like before, I moved my other weapons to attack it. But that monster went berserk and brushed off all my weapons.

When I arrived in front of it, as that Korrodoo was busy shaking off my weapons, I swung the reins in my hand, ordering my Yegaun to jump over him and when my Yegaun's feet landed on his back, my hand grabbed my lance that was flying towards me and thrust it into his back.

[You have cut a Korrodoo for 378 HP]

"KKKKKRRRRRR!" My Yegaun's growl signified my victory. Then I spurred my Yegaun as my hand continued to hold onto my lance which was still stuck in the monster's back, creating a deep cut behind me, tearing off his skin, showing his flesh with a spray of blood coming out of it. And when I reached the end of his body, I swung the reins in my hand once again. My Yegaun jumped and continued to move forward, leaving the monster's corpses behind. While my hand pulled out my lance and spun it before I cancelled my Mana Weapon.

[All enemies have been defeated!]
[Level Up!]
[You are now Level 35. HP +50, Mana + 20, ATK and MATK + 5, DEF and SPD +2]

[HP: 1950/1950] [Mana: 780/780]
[ATK: 220]             [M.ATK: 220]
[SPD: 98]               [DEF: 98]

'Not bad,' I thought as my smirk appeared on my lips. I didn't expect that by combining my other offensive skills with my telekinetic, I could defeat the monsters so easily, though they were above my level, though before they could even attack me. That's why I was able to raise my level faster.

I took a glance at Eir and Evelina who were following me from behind. Behind them, a group of Greedy Hyenas feasted the monster corpses, while a group of Corpse Crows who had been watching us also landed and enjoyed the free food, just like the food chain was running here. The strong would eat the weak, but when the strong die, the corpse would become food for the weak. Nothing would be wasted in the wild.

My gaze returned to the front since those monsters were below level 10, besides, they didn't bother me anyway, so I let them go. My eyes continued to watch around me. Since we passed Warmbell Town 10 minutes ago, we should have entered the Dragonfire Desert territory soon. I didn't stop at the town on purpose since I needed to arrive in the desert before dusk. I planned to stop in the town to take a walk and check the place on my way home.

106