Chapter 46. Dragonfire Desert II
5.2k 4 98
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Dragon King's Harem Chapter 46. Dragonfire Desert II

Evelina and Eir spurred their Yegaun to follow Argod as their eyes stared at him in amazement, not believing what they saw. Before they left, they thought both of them would act as Argod's guards since the closer they got to Dragonfire Desert, the monsters around them would get more aggressive and have a higher level. Moreover, wild monsters were different from those on the training ground because the monsters would attack from random directions, even hiding and making an ambush.

But beyond their expectations, Argod could face them alone by just requesting Evelina's support skills. Also, this was the first time they had seen someone combine two different skills to attack. Since before the curse disappeared, Argod had never done it. With that, Argod could face all of his opponents from a distance without any injury nor stopping or decreasing their speed.

'Did he really lose his power?' Evelina started to doubt her own Analyze skill since not only Argod's progress was too fast but the way he controlled his power was beyond his old habits, as if he didn't lose his power at all. But either way, Evelina felt calmer since Argod seemed to be catching up quickly.

Meanwhile, seeing Argod's progress, Eir felt much more optimistic that the king would regain his strength soon before the other tribes realized his condition.

As minutes passed, the scenery around us began to change. The ground which was previously covered by grass with trees began to change into a reddish-orange desert resembling the colour of the Dragon Tribe's fire. That's why this place was called the Dragonfire Desert. The trees were replaced by strange green cactus with a red strange flower at the top. Big tough and strong 'leaves' that resemble aloe vera grew around it, making it a natural barrier from both storms and monsters. Several dead trees were also seen there. The humidity around us decreased as we continued to spur our Yegaun into the desert farther and farther away. The heat from the suns above our heads became hotter and the temperature around us rose. As the heat bit our skin, our hands put on our hood to protect our heads from the heat. Besides, it was different from before, we slowed down our Yegaun so that their feet were not stuck in the sand.

I swept my gaze around me in caution since it was my first time in a desert area like this. Carpet of sand covered our path as far as my eyes could see, but that was just in plain sight. Because my Dragon Vision caught several monsters hiding under the sand as well as stalking us from the air. But since they hadn't attacked us, I wouldn't attack them either. I raised my index finger and moved it in a circling motion, telling Eir and Evelina to be careful with our surroundings. While my attention remained on the front.

As expected, after I gestured to them. A Ruthless Rattlesnake who hadn't moved suddenly came out to the surface two hundred meters from my side and slithered towards me. His shape was ten times bigger than a large snake and had no eyes, instead, his skin was very sensitive to every movement and his ears were shaped like broad maple leaves very sensitive to sound. His fangs were very poisonous and had sharp spiky two tails. Reddish-brown scales covered his body.

[Name: Ruthless Rattlesnake]
[Level 44]
[Type: Brute]
[Element: Earth]
[Speed: Normal]
[HP: 660/660]
[Mana: 132/132]
[ATK: 351]
[M.ATK: 62]
[DEF: 120]
[Skills: Sharp Tails, Poison Spit, Poison Fangs, Scale Armor]

Looking at his skills, I knew I could only kill him with one way, which was, cut off his head. I pulled the reins in my hands to stop my Yegaun and use my skills.
'Adrenaline Surge! Dragon Armor! '

At the same time, Evelina also stopped her Yegaun and cast her Power Boost and Accelerate on me.

[Adrenaline Surge has been activated.]
[Dragon Armor has been activated.]
[Power Boost has been activated.]
[Accelerate has been activated.]

[ATK: 220 + 110+ 220]
[M.ATK: 220 + 110 +220]
[DEF: 98 + 49]
[SPD: 98 + 49 +98]
[Time remaining: 14:56]

I extended my hand to the monster.
'Blazing Orb!'

Thirty-five fire orbs appeared in front of me, but unlike before, I didn't throw them at that monster but kept it around me. When that monster was only less than 10 meters away from me, I launched my fire orbs at that Ruthless Rattlesnake.

The monster stopped but it didn't evade.

- Boom! - Boom! - Boom!

Explosions accompanied by smoke surrounded the monster's body, creating a strong wind from the explosions that were coming from and alarmed the other monsters around us. I could see some of them decided to avoid our battle and fled in another direction, especially the low-level monsters. Although the explosions looked deadly, they did not give any damage to the monster.

Eir and Evelina gasped. They know what I did was a fatal mistake. Because that monster couldn't be defeated without beheading it. Evelina got ready to cast her Mana Barrier, getting ready if Argod couldn't handle the monster. While Eir shifted one of his hands to approach the sword in his belt. His eyes were fixed on the monster.

But of course, I expected this, because all I wanted was to create a diversion so I could attack it easily since this monster was very sensitive to sound and touch.
'Honor! Pride! '

I summoned my double sword as my wings appeared on my back. As fast as I could, I jumped at the monster and moved my double sword in a cross-motion right around his neck, separating his head in one slash.

[Overkill!]
[You have cut a Ruthless Rattlesnake for 430 HP] X2
[Your enemy has been defeated!]
[You have gained EXP!]

- Bruk!

The monster's head fell onto the sand as I jumped back to my Yegaun. While red blood gushed from its neck and drenched the surroundings, turning the sand around it into blood-red colour. Quickly, I stretched my hand in front of it and used my Mana Barrier.

A transparent wall protected me.

[A barrier has been formed.]

The barrier protected me from the monster's blood and prevented the corpse from falling on me. Not only did we kill the monsters but we also had to avoid their smell and blood sticking to our bodies because some monsters had sharp senses of smells that were attracted to the other monsters' blood scents.

'Ugh! That's disgusting, 'I thought as my eyes looked at the blood spray stuck onto my barrier. As soon as his body collapsed onto the sand and didn't move anymore, I cancelled my Mana Barrier and my Mana Weapon.

A breath escaped my mouth as I turned to Eir and Evelina, my hands returned to the reins.
"Let's ---" My words stopped when I could see Eir and Evelina stiffened with their gazes on me. Evelina's hand was ready to cast her skill. While Eir's hand was ready to draw his sword.

Noticing my gaze, they quickly lowered their hands and returned their hands to the reins. A nervous smile on their faces.
"Shall we continue our journey, Your Majesty?" said Eir with an awkward grin.

I sighed.
"Let's go."

We were just about to move, but suddenly the ground below us shook like an earthquake. Our Yegaun stomped their feet repeatedly and their heads wagged restlessly. Their eyes swept around in caution.

Our hands grabbed our reins tightly and tugged at them, trying to control our mounts. Our eyes also swept around us as we balanced our bodies.
"KKKKRRRRRRRRR!" they growled.

Even though there was nothing around us, with my Dragon Vision, I could see dozens of monsters approaching us from beneath the sand.
'Dammit! It's an ambush! '

Dun forget to check out my Patreon~

Thank you for supporting me and this novel.

Patreon-members:

IndecisiveKing, nomeacaso88, Bad Company, Eduardo, Nemorus, Bas van Schoubroeck, Eric Staind,Alvin Leung,William Rodriguez, Christopher Bidwell, Rui salvaterra, Leon Zhu, D. T. Macemore, Austin Applegate, Agideon, Gregory, Smudi Corp, EESDESESESRDT, LoneWolf, Zuyao Wu, Jonathan Lamontagne, Alberto Escalera,Didrik Sagafos, Redfuio, Puggan Se, Daniel Cortez, Robert Pospisil, Yuffievalor, Jaycob Strunk, Grundy00,Riley, Milestone, Od-Man, Andrew Desmond,Rikashi Shiarimoto,Skyler Ting,Thevasenan Thevanesan, unknown, CopeyDunt, Hybris, Stephen White, Trevor Martinez, Logan, shawn plumley, colin love, Draxisaur4, Ethan chen,Tobias Alkblad,JTOKING,Fluffypoochi, Ethan Johnson, Russ Ah,merc8,Cameron Taylor,Joseph Bentley,Sentinel, nolan nickelberry, Russell Davidson,HamDaniel,Brandon Bradley,regenschabe, Casey E Maupin,Pedro Sousa, Bodybags87,Torrinth,Drabone, Lorenzo Ledezma, Deathgodly, Red Phoenix, Ascal, Schneedrache, Yeuromain, Anthony Gauthier, Glenn Grogan, Gregory Lamberta, Alzein, Akhil, Eddy Yeung, Anita Torres, TheBroilern, Warwulfv,Jay Owens, DemonRight27, James Cullen, Drunk Drag, dfektz, Dr.SF, Baráth Bálint, Jesus Hernandez, stalin see, Mynamejeff, Jordan thompson, vokal dwayne, Kevin Tran, bloodbane 21, Triooo, Thomas Anderson, Stormrall, Ignacio Azpíroz del Cuvillo, Jake Briese, Gabriel, BloodDragon, heller8284, Spycam, Locke039, Cragen, Dylan, Armod, Jetdy S, Dylan Hatch, Joe G, Zacary Thomas Dailey, Jonathan Bromilow, ghost750x, Tamashii, Horst Reicht, Chris, Dave Arkad Caraqui-an, rusty lewis, Sleay, Jacob Weidner, Mark-A, Ray Brown, Cinnoé Smith, Maian, _Sup, Jay96, Thomas Anderson, Bärtsi, Grangel, Green3000, Shae D, Kyle, Ser, Freddie, Meanderaway, Acedia, Tanuki, Haarderade, Belduim, Nien78, Darth Melkor, Jonathan Flook, MacZeuss, The Tallest Joshua, Royce321,LORD SHAXX, Ynaxir, WiseRagnar, Hollowlce, Dallas, TheMightOfTheMaster,Cody Givan, Fullmoon, saganatsu and I like books.

Thank you for reading!
Don't forget to click ❤️

My Patreon-page 
My ko-fi page

My Discord


98