Chapter 56. Can I Spend The Night With You?
5.2k 7 104
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Dragon King's Harem Chapter 56. Can I Spend The Night With You?

The rustling sound and hooves coming from both sides of us grew louder. As if on cue, they jumped out of the forest and lunged straight at us. I waved my hand on my side, threw my orbs at them. Meanwhile Eir did the same on his side. At the same time, Evelina's staff glowed in white and the white light that was coming out from it launched at one of them. We had to attack them as soon as possible since they were able to absorb their opponent's Mana from a certain distance. That's why this type of monster could only be defeated by ranged attacks.

Seeing our attacks, the monsters tried to dodge, but of course, they couldn't dodge everything, especially my attacks, since I controlled my orbs with my Telekinetic skill to make sure all of it landed on their target.

[Overkill!]
[You have shot a Headless Black Deer for 252 HP] X9
[You have shot a Headless Black Deer for 248 HP] X9
[You have shot a Headless Black Deer for 246 HP] X9
[You have shot a Headless Black Deer for 253 HP] X9
[You have shot a Headless Black Deer for 251 HP] X10

All monsters by my side died. Meanwhile Evelina and Eir also managed to kill some of their sides. Unlike me, even though they had a higher level, without telekinetic skill, they couldn't control their skills as freely as I did. Therefore, miss meant miss. Whereas I couldn't help them since that meant I had to change our battle formation all of a sudden and it wasn't a good idea. Another wave of monsters might come from my side.

It took a few minutes to kill all the monsters by their side since we didn't stop or slow down our speed. Even though it gave them some difficulties to kill their targets, it was also useful for keeping the distance so that the monsters couldn't suck our Mana.

[All enemies have been defeated!]
[Level Up!]
[You are now Level 47. HP +50, Mana + 20, ATK and MATK + 5, DEF and SPD +2]

[HP: 2550/2550] [Mana: 1020/1020]
[ATK: 310]          [M.ATK: 310]
[SPD: 122]          [DEF: 122]

'Nice,' I thought. Since that announcement appeared it meant that there weren't any more monsters trying to attack us. But I was still cautious since I could detect the other monsters around me.

Meanwhile, Jyne who saw all of that could only be silent in surprise. Since it was rare for a commoner to defeat that type of monster that fast. And if they had mounts like this, they usually chose to flee to a nearby town or city. But they could deal with it quickly, even Argod could take care of the monsters in one attack. That indicated that Argod, Eir and his wife, were not ordinary people. They were expert hunters at minimum.

As the suns had set and were replaced by the darkness of the night, slowly the sight of a large city with a majestic gate became clearer to our eyes. When we were almost at the gate, two giant porcupine-shaped monsters with purple spikes with wet tips emerged from behind the tall bushes and chased us.

[Name: Poison Porcupine]
[Level 10]
[Type: Brute]
[Element: Earth]
[Speed: Normal]
[HP: 157/157]
[Mana: 52/52]
[ATK: 65]
[M.ATK: 5]
[DEF: 28]
[Skills: Poison Spike, Venom Bite]

I waved my hand forward, ordering Evelina and Eir to ignore them. About 200 meters before we arrived at the gate with several guards, the crystal in one of the towers glowed and emitted a thunderbolt which struck the two monsters and turned them to ashes instantly. That was how a guard tower that every town and city worked and killed the monsters before they could reach the gate. Not only monsters but also enemy troops if the towers were set up for the battle. That's why it required a high-level barrier spell to penetrate a city.

I pulled the reins in my hands to slow down as well as the others. After we passed the check at the gate like any other commoner, our mounts walked slowly on Dragon Cross City's street. The residents around us were busy tidying up their shops and merchandise. While the others walked back to their homes.

Eir breathed a sigh of relief.
"Haaa ... Just in time," he said. He felt relieved since judging from their smooth first trip, he was pretty sure Argod could handle their next trip.

"You can take a rest after this, Eir." Then I turned to Evelina.
"You too." I was sure they were quite tired and I had to make sure they were ready for tomorrow's trip, likewise with me. But of course I planned to clear things up with Jyne first.

Meanwhile, Jyne who was sweeping her gaze around finally spoke.
"Woah! This is City is so big!" said Jyne in amazement. This was her first time here. Unlike the Fox tribe's capital, she admitted that this city was much busier and bigger.

"Excited?" I said in a casual tone.

"A little," answered Jyne. But then her excitement faded since they had arrived at their destination, it meant that she had to separate from Argod. Jyne's gaze turned to the reddish-coloured Palace that glowed like a big flame in the night, in that instant her heart shrank, tension and doubt filled her mind, even though she knew she had come a long way for this. Questions filled her head.

What if the plan didn't work and the Chancellor sent her back to her kingdom without any further negotiations. Didn't that mean her hard work would go in vain? What if she couldn't find her 'true love' before the Dragon King awakened? And ended up being his wife? And what if the Dragon King was not only cold towards all women but also cruel like some of the kings of other tribes?

Thinking about it, her face grew grim.

Noticing Jyne's gloomy face, Evelina, who was on Argod's other side, decided to ask her.
"Is there something wrong?" said Evelina in worry.

Jyne turned to Evelina who looked sincere and worried about her, even though she had already asked her an impolite request. She shook her head from side to side.
"Nothing." Then she returned her gaze to the Palace.
"Can I spend the night with all of you?" she said out of blue. At least she wanted to prepare before turning herself over to the Dragon King.

"Why?" I asked in confusion.

"It's late. The king is still asleep and I don't think the Chancellor is still in the Palace," she reasoned. Actually, she wanted to spend more time with Argod.

Hearing her reason, Eir and Evelina turned their heads in another direction to cover their laughter. While I bit my lips for the same reason.

Jyne looked confused.
"Why are you laughing at me?" she said with a frown.

"I'm sure the palace has someone else who is more suitable to welcome you," I said.

"But, it's still impolite to come to the palace at a time like this. Besides, I still want to have a look around this city for a while. Can I spend the night with you?" she said again.

"I will take you to our place," I said.

"Is your home in this city?"

"Yeah."

"Fine," she agreed. They were already in the city now, if Argod tried to do inappropriate things to her, she could scream or ask for the city guards' help.

Hearing her answer, I smirked and turned to Eir and Evelina in turn.
"Do you hear her? Let's go home." Then I spurred my Yegaun to move faster which was followed by Evelina and Eir.

Meanwhile, Jyne's heart was beating faster since she realized they were moving towards the Palace.

Dun forget to check out my Pat*reon~

Patreon-members:

Loki388, Russell Orr, Filip Krul, Daniel, Jaskulski, Fjiordor, TAHA, Matthew, Juan Perez, Jeffrey Iverson, Mike Steger, deskent, Donovan Longnecker, Johnny Ly, Nelodyn, Christina Dammyr, Erox, DemoniicGhost, Viviane Miranda, Yuuki Hitomi, Daniel, Azekno, IndecisiveKing, nomeacaso88, Chance Bramlett, Bas van Schoubroeck, Eric Staind, Alvin Leung, William Rodriguez, Christopher Bidwell, Rui salvaterra, Leon Zhu, D. T. Macemore, Agideon, Gregory, Smudi Corp, EESDESESESRDT, LoneWolf, Zuyao Wu, Jonathan Lamontagne, Alberto Escalera, Didrik Sagafos, Puggan Se, Daniel Cortez, Robert Pospisil, Yuffievalor, Jaycob Strunk, Grundy00, Riley, Eduardo, Od-Man, Rikashi Shiarimoto, Skyler Ting, Thevasenan Thevanesan, unknown, CopeyDunt, Hybris, Stephen White, Trevor Martinez, Logan, shawn plumley, colin love, Draxisaur4, Tobias Alkblad, JTOKING, Fluffypoochi, Ethan Johnson, Russ Ah, merc8, Cameron Taylor, Joseph Bentley, Darkone33, Russell Davidson, Brandon Bradley, regenschabe, Casey E Maupin, Pedro Sousa, Bodybags87, Torrinth, Drabone, Lorenzo Ledezma, Deathgodly, Red Phoenix, Ascal, Schneedrache, Anthony Gauthier, Gregory Lamberta, Alzein, Eddy Yeung, Anita Torres, TheBroilern, Jay Owens, James Cullen, Drunk Drag, dfektz, Dr.SF, Jesus Hernandez, stalin see, Mynamejeff, Jordan thompson, vokal dwayne, Tyler Potter, bloodbane 21, Thomas Anderson, Stormrall, Ignacio Azpíroz del Cuvillo, Jake Briese, Gabriel, BloodDragon, Locke039, Cragen, Dylan, Armod, Jetdy S, Dylan Hatch, Joe G, Zacary Thomas Dailey, Jonathan Bromilow, ghost750x, Tamashii, Horst Reicht, Dave Arkad Caraqui-an, rusty lewis, Sleay, Jacob Weidner, Mark-A, Ray Brown, Maian, _Sup, Jay96, Thomas Anderson, Bärtsi, Grangel, Green3000, Shae D, Kyle, Ser, Freddie, Meanderaway, Acedia, Tanuki, Haarderade, Belduim, Darth Melkor, MacZeuss, Royce321, LORD SHAXX, Ynaxir, WiseRagnar, Hollowlce, TheMightOfTheMaster, Cody Givan, Fullmoon, saganatsu and I like books

Thank you for reading!

Don't forget to click ❤️

My Patreon-page 

My ko-fi page

My Discord


104