Chapter 4: The Question
2k 0 39
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

-Demon Kings castle throne room-

“Your majesty, Lord Leon has just arrived and is requested to see you.”

“Bring him in.”

A minute or two after the subordinate left, the room doors opened showing Leon standing in front of them, with a tired look on his face.

“ My King, I’m sorry I’m late the boat I took was a little late taking off.”

Almost with annoyed look the king spoke.

“It’s alright, those damn humans are all horrible,useless workers anyway, so I understand.”

“Oh, it’s not entirely their fault my king, I did ask them to take me here on short notice, so I’m somewhat to blame. But that’s off topic, my king what was the reward you wanted to bestow to me and the other demon lords?”

“Well Leon, the other lords already received their rewards. I was going to wait for you, so I could present them to you all together, but the other lords got impatient.”

Then Leon’s content face started to show some interest.

“It’s alright, my king but what were the rewards?”

“If you follow those guards by the door, they’ll show you to them, but by now I don’t think they’ll be any left.”

After the king said so, Leon then followed the guard out of the of the throne room.

. . . . . .

-Castle dungeon-

Clamp, Clamp. (the sound of footsteps. )

The girl still sitting in the dark, scared to death, hears footsteps. As if they were reminders of the horror she just witnessed, she silently waited as the steps grew closer to the cell.

"Creak"

Then the door of the cell opened. The last time that happened the others in the cell were forcibly taken away while screaming in terror.

She closed her eyes, covered her ears, and tried her best not to make a sound.

The guard looked around the cell, but couldn’t see any girls.

"I'm sorry my lord, but it seems that the other lords got a little too greedy and took all the rewards for themselves."

“ It’s alright, seeing where the rewards were placed, I could guess what they were.”

Thinking the lord might be saddened by the fact he was too late to get a reward the guard said.

“Well then, my lord, his majesty still prepared special rooms for all the lords, so shall I escort you there.”

“Yea, let’s go”

With a somewhat content look on his face Leon turned towards the entrance.

"sigh"

After hearing that conversation, She silently sighed in relief, it seems she has completely gone under the eye of the lords and guards, well not all of them.

Leon heard that sigh, it was faint, faint enough to not alert the guard, but Leon heard it. He looked around the cell, but didn’t see anything. Then he looked under the bed and in the darkness was a human girl.

“Could you wait by the entrance, I want to be alone for a little bit.”

“Oh, okay my lord.”

The guard then went towards the entrance of the dungeon.

. . . . . .

After the guard was farther away Leon looked closely at the girl. He was still out side the cell, but he could still see her hiding and also shivering in the darkness.

“Step, step”(foot step sounds)

He then walked in, he slowly made his way over to her. Leon nor the girl said a word, she didn’t even know Leon was moving towards her, all she could hear were his footsteps.

Leon was now a foot away from her, standing looking down at the darkness under the bed.

He then crouched down, very slowly, he new if he made any startling move she might get even more frightened.

Now as he was staring at her, softly and kindly asked,

“Are you ok?”

39