Chapter 25
977 0 14
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 25: Castle

The group was greeted by and a couple of guards. They seemed to be stationed at the docs, one guard, in particular, was at the head of the group, with a different uniform.

“Welcome back my lord, how was your journey? You’re back, so I presume it went well, with no problems.”

“Oh, it was fine, Jesse, there weren’t too many problems.

Jesse's eyes moved from Leon the girls behind him.

“Well, it looks like you brought back some girls. Are these your rewards by any chance?”

“Um, no only this one. Her name is Luna, treat her nicely.”

Leon put his hand on Luna's shoulder, she was right by his side. Jesse bent down to her level and stared at her face.

“Ha, I thought I was the only one who was interested in cute girl, glad I’m not alone.”

”Huh, shut up.”

He put his hand on her head and rubbed it a little.

“You got a good master, cutie.”

He then stood up, at eye level with Leon.

“If the others aren’t your rewards then who are they?”

“Oh, these girls are the other demon lords’ rewards that they didn’t want. So I decided to help them out a little by bringing them back home.”

“Well my lord before you do that why don’t we escort you to your carriage. We’ll bring the others to your manor in our carriages.”

“Sure, but you better not fool around with these girls, they’ve been through enough as it is.”

“Of course, I’ll keep my men in order.”

“I’m more worried about what you might do rather than your men.”

“Hey, I’m not that big of an asshole.”

“yea yea, I’m just kidding.”

Leon looked at the girls behind him.

“You girls are in good hands, so don’t worry.”

————

There were a couple of carriages waiting for them. Leon walked to his personal one, he opened the door and gave Luna his hand. After he helped Luna in he got in as well.

Jessie and his men, as well as the group of girls, got into the rest of the carriages.

“So, what’s your name?”

Jesse starred at Mable, she looked out the window and answered.

“It’s Mable.”

“That’s a nice name.”

“I’m Jesse, I’m Lord Leon’s right-hand man, well when it comes to his guard.”

“Oh, well it’s nice to meet you, Je. Jesse.”

They shook hands, Mable looked at him with hopeful eyes.

One of the subordinates sitting next to Jesse looked at Mable and whispered to him.

“Hey, aren’t we supposed to not mess around with these girls?”

“Hey, when I get the chance to talk to a cute girl like her, I’m going to take it.”

He said that as a whisper first, but by the end of the sentence Mable was able to hear.

Her cheeks went pink and she looked down at her hands that were clasped together.

————

After an while in the carriages, they came across a quaint village, though it was large it was considerably smaller than the port city.

The village itself was situated near a cliff, and high on top near the edge was a large castle. Though it wasn’t some medieval stone castle it was more like an elegant manor, with the sea and village on either side. Leon woke Luna who doze off from the trip.

“Hey Luna, look, you see that big house, that’s going to be your home from now on.”

She peered out the window, her eyes widened after catching sight of it.

“It’s beautiful.!”

Leon let out a laugh under his breath.

“Huh, I think you’re much more beautiful. I guess Jesse was right, cute is my type.”

-to be continued

14