Chapter 27
973 0 12
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 27

“This way.”

The head butler, Thomas, guided us, mostly me, to the entrance of the manor.

Looking inside the large, lavish abode, the first thing I noticed was the sheer size of the room.

The entrance space, or what Tomas called the foyer, was large, connected to many rooms.

A staircase led straight to the next floor, right ahead of us.

I was quite astonished by just this one room, thinking of what might come next in the tour was exciting.

I was rapped around Leon’s arm, our hands were clasped together, were like some newly married couple.

“Wow.”

“This is just the entrance, the rooms and gardens are much more interesting. Though seeing what impression this room gives you, it only makes me want to show you everything this mansion has to offer.”

He must have thought my expressions when looking around the space were cute.

——————-

“Hello ladies, I know you’ve been through a lot, but I need your help. Please raise your hand if you want to go back to where you came from.”

Leon was standing in front of the 8 or so girls left behind by the Demon Lords.

Almost all raised their hands, Mable and another girl didn’t though.

The other girl was a beastman, though that race has many animal types, she was a dog type.

She had a fluffy tail and droopy ears.

They were blonde, the same color as her hair.

I remember on the boat, she said that her name was Natalia, I also remember she was one of the many girls fighting for one of beds in the dungeon cell.

“Okay, the ones that raised your hands, please talk to Thomas here, he will take care that you girls get home safe. But before we arrange your departure, the servants of this mansion will make sure your stay is as pleasant as possible.”

“Also!”

He bowed with an apologetic look on his face.

“I am deeply sorry for what my fellow demon lords have done to you, I know wont come close to compensate for the pain you’ve suffered, but please enjoy your stay.”

He bent back straight up and looked at them.

“When you do go, I’ll have some goods and other things waiting for you, so you can live an easier life.”

“My lord..”

Leon looked at Thomas, as he was about to protest what he just did, but the sincerity of Leon’s expression put a halt to it.

Thomas bowed and started walking to the side to get the information from the girls, when Leon stopped him, whispering in his ear.

“Make sure they each get first-class treatment, feed them what they want and give them each a room. Also when you do get a carriage for each of them to go home, give them a sack of gold coins, enough so that they could live the rest of their lives in comfort, but not enough to bankrupt me. Got it?”

“Of course my lord.”

Thomas went off to a separate room, with the girls who raised their hands.

—————

“Now for you two, can you tell me why you might not want to go home?”

Natalia opened her mouth first.

“Um, I don’t have a home to go back to, I was in slavery for most of my life.”

“Oh, I’m sorry to hear that, well you are obliged to stay here for as long as you want.”

“Thank you, I’ll stay for a bit, but can I be free to leave, when I want.”

“Of course, I not forcing you to stay, and when you do leave, you’ll be given the same compensation as everyone else.”

“Okay, that sounds good.”

Leon turned to Mable.

“So what about you Mable, were you a slave as well or..?”

“No, i. my family.. I don’t want to go back. Can I stay here as well, even if it’s working as a maid?”

“Of course, but you don’t need to be a maid.”

“Well, it does sound nice to live in such luxury, but I already feel to indebted to you to sponge off you for the rest of my life, I want to be self-reliant.“

“Well how about to stay inside the mansion and live in comfort for a bit, then when you feel you’ve had enough treatment, you can start working as a servant or maid.”

“Thank you, demon lord Leon.”

Leon smiled at the meek, timid Mable, then he looked at me, and I smiled at him.

- to be continued

12