Chapter 44
496 0 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 44: It Worked 

 ~Luna’s POV~  

The city was light throughout, vastly different from the darkness that was just beyond the outskirts of it.  My hood was covering me, concealing me from anyone who might try to halt my travels.  I knew I had to find a ship to take me to the Demon Continent.  I had no idea of which would actually go there. I was looking for one ship that I remembered, the only one that seemed to go from this port to the Escalon(capital of the Demon Continent).  I walked the docks and looked for the same vessel.  Vessels of all shapes and sizes lined the marina. I could see lanterns lit up on some and saw the same light shine from on the open water.  Then I saw the one that was quite familiar to me, a large ship, with sails that red emblems. The ship that took me to this same port not long ago.  I must have lucked out, the crew was stockpiling supplies bringing up aboard the ship. I ran toward it, I hid behind a crate near a few men.  “Get back to work, we don’t have time to waste.!”  “Yes, Sir.!”  I knew I had two options either stow away on the ship or ask the captain to bring me along.  Both were risky, I might get caught if I tried to stow away and I might get turned down if I asked.  Which should I choose? I thought for a bit, not even paying attention to the situation that was taking place around me.  A crew member spotted me and came up to me.  “What this, Who are you, why are you here?”  The captain heard him and inquired about the situation.  He grabbed me and brought me before the captain.  “This girl was hanging around the crates over there, she might have been trying to steal.” I started trying to plead with them a little as well as get loose from his grasp.  “I wasn’t, I was just wanting to go with you..”  “Oh, so you’re a stowaway then..” The crew member looked at me with a face of anger.  “Hey, Sam don’t be so mean, she’s just a young girl.”  The captain put his hand up and the crew member stopped, his grip slowly loosened as well.  The captain looked closer at me. He dropped back my hood and his eyes opened slightly. “Aren’t you Demon Lord Leon’s slave?.”  “Yes, yes I am, I need your help. You're going back to the Demon Continent right?”  “We are?”  “Well can you take me with you?”

  ————— 

 The captain agreed though he was in protest.  He nagged me about how dangerous it was for a girl like me.  Nothing I haven’t heard before, I eventually convinced him after stating that I was going to wait for Master Leon when he came back to the ship.  I made it seem as though I would be there as a surprise for Master Leon.  I came aboard and was ushered toward the quarters where Master Leon and I stayed.  I lied in the bed, my body was exhausted, I couldn’t believe my plan worked.  Thankfully the captain was kind enough to allow me passage.  I passed out shortly after laying on the bed, I awoke to the light and the sound of the waves the next day.  

————

  -To be continued    

6