chapter 58
353 0 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Leon couldn’t see her expression readily, but her voice showed hints of sadness.

Leon took a silent breath to ease himself out of frustration.

He continued to look at her as he listened.

Luna put on a hopeful light-hearted smile, turning up towards him.

“ It wasn’t all bad though, every now and then me and my brother would play together.”

“You have a brother?.”

“Actually I have two. My oldest brother Jacob left home when I was younger. It must have been when I was really young because I don’t even remember his face. He probably was tired of my parents, they were always aggressive towards us. He took most of the burden from them, but there is only so much you can take, before breaking. That’s what I think anyway because once he left, my parents started mistreating me more often. My other brother Noah... he would try to protect me, though there’s only so much he could do. Even though he was younger than me, he would still try to defend me. He was in protest of me being taken away.”

“Do you ever wish to reunite with him?.”

“Yeah.”

”But what about you. How’d you get those scars? You have so many.”

She sat up her head lying on her knees.

Leon slightly turned his torso towards her.

“Oh, most of them are from fights or training. I wasn’t always an all-powerful Demon King, you know.”

Leon gestured to some of his more prominent scars, visible on his chest.

“This one was from when my father and I trained when I was younger, this one I received from when Jesse's father fought...”

She looked back towards Leon then spoke.

“I don’t think I’ve heard anything about your past, let alone anything about your parents. Are they why you’re so kind to a human-like me.?”

Leon bent forward putting his arm around Luna’s arched back. Putting his face closer to hers.

“What a Demon can’t be nice to the girl he likes?”

She smiled at him.

“You know what I mean.”

“I know.”

He went back to his previous position.

“But honestly, I’m probably like that since I was raised by humans. When brought up by people who have a sense of kindness and concern for one another, then their ways usually will rub off on you. Though they weren’t my real parents they still cared for me as if I was their biological child.”

“I never mentioned my real parents or even my past because it’s not a subject I would want to bring up, but since you asked and you told me yours, I’ll indulge you.”

Luna moved over to Leon, much like she was before lying her head against his chest. She hesitantly waiting for him to speak.

“I don’t remember my mother, I was told she was some w.h.o.r.e my father met some drunken night. My father, on the other hand, he, he was.. all I can say is that he was a horrible, ruthless Demon Lord. When he found out where I was from my mother, he came for me, to take me away. Though before he left he killed all the people who raise me, in front of me I might add. I guess as a life lesson, I don’t know.

“Though I guess I should thank that man in some way or another because without him training me, I probably wouldn’t have become a Demon Lord in the first place. That would mean I wouldn’t have ever met you. ”

Luna nudged her head down into Leon’s chest, wrapping her arms around him.

“It seems we both had traumatizing childhoods, yours even more so than mine, sorry for making you relive that memory.”

”No it’s all right, it would have been brought up anyway. But don’t worry, I have you now, so the joy my father took away, has been restored.”

Luna’s face and ears turned red, Leon’s noticed and called to her.

“Hey Luna..”

“Wha.?

Leon bent his head slightly down, his hand nudged Luna’s face to his, his lips met with hers just before she could speak.

Their eyes glanced into one another’s, until their lips parted.

“Now come on let’s gets some sleep.”

“Yea.”

They two got comfortable, the light of the room slowly diminished.

The two slowly went to sleep in each other’s arms.

————

- to be continued

4