Chapter 65
249 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 65: Noise

———

‘Those damn lords, can’t they wait a single day, it’s not like they have other things going on in their lives.’

I was speed walking, in an annoyed manner, down the halls and ways through the castle.

Luckily I remembered where the conference room was.

If I wasn’t aware where certain important rooms were I probably would have gotten lost.

I turned left down another hall and noticed the doors to the throne room.

The conference room was just a few doors down from the throne room.

Guards seemed to be planted at every door, once I came into view of the room I was looking for, I noticed Seal.

He seemed distressed, pacing, waiting for me I guess.

“Seal.!”

I got to him, and he still seemed distressed and overworked.

He did a bow.

“Your Highness, I’m so sorry that your day of rest was interrupted, but the Demon Lords are getting...”

“Out of hand.”

“Exactly your Highness, I tried calming them, but they are wanting to meet with you.”

I turned away from him and slightly towards the doors.

“I heard...”

I turned back to him.

“They’re all inside correct.?”

He nodded in agreement.

“Yes, Your Highness.”

“Alright...”

I walked to one of the guards stationed at the side of the doors.

The guard had one hand hovering over a short blade on his side and his other hand held a spear.

I grabbed the dagger and turned back toward Seal.

“Before I go, have someone bring my guest some lunch, she’s in my room.”

He bowed, I could tell he understood.

The guards opened the doors, and I walked in.

Once the doors opened, the noise of disagreement and anger seemed to come flowing out.

I stepped in, the other lords seemed to be arguing over some pieces of paper on the table.

Thought once they noticed me there attention followed.

“Let’s make one thing clear, I’m not in the kindest of moods at the moment. You all seem to know how to thoroughly ruin someone’s day. Now, what is it you needed me for?”

I stood at the end of the long table, the lords sat or stood on either side.

The older lords some of whom have been in their positions since around the time the previous king's reign was established, seemed very aggressive.

Their faces seemed to snarl and fill with a form of jealousy and hate.

There were a few lords that didn’t show the same ego. One new face, amongst them probably a newly inducted lord, was one of those.

One of the older lords, fat, and hog like seemed to dislike me.

He sat smugly in his chair and looked at me with a sarcastic face that made it seemed as if he was looking down on me.

Most of the lords seemed to have the same dislike. Ever since I became a lord, they’ve showed it.

I felt the same towards them.

The older ones, the ones in there 40 or 50 may be older they were the worst.

A disgusting, revolting bunch that one would really like not to be around.

Their ideals showed old hatred and they didn’t care for change.

-to be continued

2